Sunday 21st October 2018 - Ice will melt, water will boil

Morning.

Lyrics - Ice will melt, water will boil

What:               short and easy
Why:                tapering
Last hard:        we all know how easy I find tapering
Last rest:         14/10

Yesterday's lyrics - You Better Run by Pat Benatar.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: fitness suite plus short run

Why: yesterday was relatively hard so today is relatively easy. And my Achilles is complaining a little.

Enjoy your run, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning,

I had a relapse yesterday which I put down to hilly 7 miles day before.Although legs want to run I think chest is not ready so going to reign it  in this week no matter what legs tell me.

Good luck tapering LMH;-) 

GSR is on channel 5 today I believe.

What: 6 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: Foot,flooding,chest the list grows
    Lyrics: yes

I was going to enter Richard Burton 10k very hilly last ran it 15 years ago but with everything I waited to see  how things went and every time i run at Aberafan there is the sign for it so decided to go for it .....Only to find for first year it is full.....someone is telling me something :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Poppy, sounds sensible, just take it easy when you need to.

You too Alehouse, take it easy on the Achilles.

Hope you have a lovely wee run, LMH.

XC was great yesterday, I love it!  It’s so competitive from start to finish and there seems to be no other event like it.  We snake along the countryside and every now again, manage to battle past the person in front or try to hold off the person behind.  I made a special effort on the hills yesterday and what an advantage it gave me - I passed about 8 folk on the first main hill and recovered quickly enough to stay ahead of them too.  I fought and fought throughout the race, putting in a bit of speed when required and gave my all.  Ended up about 100th place, which was my top goal, and was 36:29 for the 9k course, slightly faster than expected.  

Lyrics, yes. 
  • Not a lot
    That's the plan
    Last hard yesterday
    Lyrics no

Trying to be sensible before Glenogle 33 on 3 November
  • LMH: The taper...like the doldrums for the sailors of old. Hope you get an enjoyable run
    Welsh: Wisse move, is a shame you waited so long for the leg to mend now it is the leg that wants to get going
    Ale: Easy on the achilles
    OH: Looking forward to hearing about Glenogle
    Don: Sounds cracking love those type of course/environments

Scarborough had its 10k event today. Really good for the town. It goes along the seafront and castle headland. After the 10k they have family fun run events for younger folk or those that don't want to do the 10k. Myself and my eldest daughter went down to cheer on, saw many people we know and my daughter had friends in the fun runs. Really well turned out and run. I did it myself quite a few years ago, but don't tend to do 10ks these days (apart from Flamingoland because that's a run through a theme park, bit different), might do it next year, great atmosphere.

What: 7 to 10 miler, I'm waiting for Johnny Walker Sound of the Seveties to start on the radio, but isn't for an hour yet but feel ready to go. I can't possibly entertain the Elaine Paige show. Might set off and listen to Wingspan by Wings as a warm up for Johnny Walker staring.

Why: Sunday run, finally rid the hangover out of my system

Lyrics: No
  • Still managed a swim around the wreck.
  • I can't stand Elaine either Benjy - and don't like racing 10k. Did your girls not want to join in the fun run?

Nice to hear you enjoying your running so much Donaldo.

Definitely seems like a sign Poppy.

I had a pretty rubbish run - I think that maybe deciding to increase the weights in my second gym session of the week when I haven't been for over two weeks may not have been such a good idea. I can definitely feel it in my upper body so whilst my legs felt ok before the run I probably shouldn't be surprised that they felt heavy and tired when I was running and it felt like hard work. Thursday is my best chance at a gym session this week (Wednesday would be but my car is in for a service and MOT) so I'm wondering whether to make it happen then (would be before physio) or whether to leave it. In other news I've just entered York, seems mad so far ahead and I'm not sure I'll actually get there but that's three races in the diary for next year already.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • I'm sure you'll find a way to make York happen if you want to, LMH. I have 4 races entered for the first half of next year, none of which are marathons, though.
    Gym work always buggers my legs. As does this walking lark :/

Sorry to hear about relapse, poppy. Didn't know Richard Burton was a runner :D.

Xc sounds great fun, Don.

Hope the achilles settles, Ale.

What: 15 miles - 10 walked, 5 run
    Why: holiday fun
    Last hard: rubber legs today
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: yes