Tuesday 23rd October - I checked the time, it was almost time

Morning all, surprised to be first "in"
What - hopefully an easy run at lunchtime, coaching the village group this evening
Why - fitting it in, South West Rail on strike again (no coincidence it's a 4-dayer in half term, hmmmm
last rest - Saturday
last hard - Sunday

knee ok yesterday, a bit tight but been stretching like a rubber band. Low key (Sunday League) XC this week, hope to give that a run.

Comments

• Morning,

Dustin: I hope your knee is okay and gives you no issues.

Benjy: Wow which supermarket are you opening a high end one or a bargain basement type store.Big pants are in the mail sorry to hear about run we all get them sadly but you have not long run a marathon?? and you had foot issues as well.

What: 6.1miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: Foot, flooding,illness and wind this morning.
    Lyrics:Nope

Very windy especially on second half of run but another good run-yay
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: short run, long Pilates

Why: Friday edit... meant Tuesday!!

Grey, cold, windy. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics also no
    alehouse enjoy the two! Hope you're doing ok? sounds like it
    Poppy, nice miles!
    dustin, hopefully the knee is ok, enjoy your easy run at lunchtime

blooming car wouldnt start this morning I am all discombobulated now! It started when I left it for 5 mins, new battery me thinks

what: 1 mile squeezed this morning, do a bit more later
    why: time didnt allow this  morning

last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16
    new working hours meant that I was home in time to cut my grass last night!! Like my new hours, avoids bad traffic
    have a good un all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Still Want You by Brandon Flowers.

I'm short for time on a Tuesday morning this semester Dustin - hence no thread start from me.

What's happening on Friday Alehouse?

Windy here too Poppy though not as bad as OH had it I don't think.

These things throw us Wabo - glad it started second time though.

One of those weird runs for me this morning where everything felt great, I felt as though I was really flowing and moving well - and the mile splits were 20-30 seconds slower than I'd expect. Ah well, I enjoyed being out and was pleased to fit something in.

What:            short
    Why:             work stops play
    Last hard:     fitting it in this morning
    Last rest:      14/10

Lyrics - vaguely familiar.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Sorry, LMH...meant Tuesday, not Friday!!!

Wabo, did you do Chingford league? 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    No Alehouse, I decided my weekend would have been too busy and tbh I still am not fully fit.  I think it would have been demoralising!
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    New starter motor for van yesterday -£200 - had hoped it might just be solenoid.
    Still windy until late afternoon. Boats cancelled.
    Badminton this evening, possibly short run before then. No sea swimming today.
    Banana and walnut loaf in oven.
    Last hard: yesterday evening
    Last full rest: Monday
    Lyrics no
  • 40 gusting 53 knots at 6pm yesterday evening and not much better now.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Enjoy the XC on Sunday Dustin.

Did 5 last night, steady pace.  Club night tonight, looking forward to working hard again. Hoping for some 800s or similar.  National XC relays this Saturday so should be fun. 

Lyrics, nope.
  • Back and a lot brighter with dog back in the kennel (For now) Illness and injuries abound! Wow. Poppy...hurry up slowly. Ale: Great improvements. Dustin: Mr Consistency. Donald: Like that x-c report. OH...a wee bit fresh then? LMH: Sorry about the kitchen woes. Benjy: Not so hard on yourself...time to recover and Emz: Listen to our wise Owl Ale and take some honey with lemon!. Pammie: Nice to see you back. Is Gobi hiding? Where's Chicksta? Hope her OH is okay. Wabo: Brighton up there with the runs in the USA price wise...ouch. Hopefully we'll all be bouncing around soon.
    Greatw ekend all round. Weather fantastic. Was going to parkrun Bois de Boulogne but realised I was only 10 minutes walk from Montsouris so decided to do it again and save some time for touristy stuff. Three lapper with a nasty 500m uphill on each lap. Last time there were 27 runners, this week 45. 22.10 done and dusted, finishing 11th and unsurprisingly 1st in age group but 71% WAVA even with a pit stop for SVT on lap two. This determined i would go easy on Sunday.  Bit of chaos as RER B/D so hectic journey to get the numbers for Sunday at Stade de France. Two lap half marathon and got to run round the inside of the stadium and finished on the running track outside. That was a bit special. Unremarkable suburban/town route with one nice click through the park. A fair bit of course entertainment. Well marshalled and well organised. T-shirt/medal/massage for under 25euros makes La Voie Royale a bargain half. Negative split as took it easy on first half getting HR well down and under control after the usual adrenaline rush at the start. Came in at 1.42.35 chip and 202/500+, top 20 age group, no complaints. Spent second half passing people, which was fun. Stopped for selfie in the stadium but caught everyone who ran past while I was in the process of being touristy. I wasn't time chasing so couldn't resist the opportunity :-) Back to work today and mood is certainly brighter.  
    What: Wee bimble
    Why: recovery
    Last Hard: Lots of walking round Paris on Saturday and paying Parisian prices for a beer!
    Last Rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: Don't recognise

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: 20 min run walk
    Why: back to basics
    Last hard: that
    Lyrics no 

Back to work tonight 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Pammie! Lovely to see you x

• 4 and a bit d'n'd with two colleagues and neither broken...result! :-)
  • A great weekend there SC. Glad to hear that you're feeling brighter. I think I need you to organise my race entries, transport and accommodation, I really like the sound of many of your excursions.

Wishful thinking Alehouse?

Baking sounds nice OH, want to get back to it myself but need to sort the kitchen out first then it will be the fun of a new oven. I am baking a birthday cake for my FiL tomorrow but it's a fruit cake so hopefully relatively forgiving.

Enjoy running with your club tonight Donaldo.

Are you over your illness now Wabo?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • SC: I also want you as my race co-ordinator what a bargain race and so pleased you had a good run and the black dog is in his kennel!
    Perhaps you will recap this year where you have been and value for money.
    My local  half is £40 and I have so far declined to enter as seems a tad expensive.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I'm here, SC. Just didn't post yesterday as I caught a stomach bug :s . Pretty rubbish as we're still on hols :/ better today but another attempt to run ended in disaster. HR through the roof and no strength at all. Yesterday was the same before the bug hit me.

Well done in Paris and for fencing in that dog.

Wild here on the coast. Went for an evening stroll as being stuck indoors does my head in but it's hard work against the wind. Love being by the sea though. And love the sea when the waves are crashing.

LMH: those runs are so annoying.

Stick around, Pammie.

Dustin: stupid rail strike :(

Wabo: hope your car is easily mended.

What: curtailed run and short walk
    Why: feeling rubbish
    Last hard: being sick
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening
    What: 2 km run to pick up car
    Why: short of time and running was faster than walking
    Last hard: coughing. Once I start I can't stop.
    Lyrics: nope

Physio was pleased with how my legs responded to marathon. Accident injury has behaved itself :)

Good to see you back and feeling better SC. Sounds like a nice weekend. 
    Chick oh no :( hope you feel better soon

Baked an early grey tea cake today :)

Have a lovely evening all.