Risk of death?!?

124»

Comments

• 2308, get a grip.

If you think running a marathon is too dangerous then don't do it.

Or do it.

Either way, race organisers cannot be liable if someone pushes themselves too far and sadly has an incident. There simply can't be a trained medic every 5 years all the way along the course. Neither should there be. The organisers can provide a degree of basic medical cover, but they can't cover every eventuality. You keep mentioning "taking responsibility", that would seem to start with everyone running within themselves and accepting that if they really push themself then their risk may be increased.

You need to be realistic, and if you don't like it can I suggest you ditch the running and maybe stick to the couch?

And FFS don't even think about any properly dangerous activities like parachuting or skiing, you would be appalled at the lack of medical staff hovering in the skies waiting just in case you have a health problem while you're up there.

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    What about head injuries? 26miles on a hard surface, cramped conditions, fatigue, trip hazards. So easy to go over and hit your head on the tarmac causing serious trauma. Nothing is being done about it.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Viruses. 40,000 participants from across the world. Not to mention the crowds. All in close proximity. Tailor made as a ground zero for some significant viral outbreak. Never gets mentioned.
  • senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
     It's ok JT141, after falling over, twice now, both times ending up in A & E having my head stitched back together, I've joined Colins jogging team, Never race, always avoid hard surfaces and ALWAYS wear my

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rubies-Official-Minions-Inflatable-Costume/dp/B00TO6DUOO/ref=sr_1_32?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1540371554&sr=1-32&keywords=inflatable+costume

• senidM, in light of JT141's warning, does that double as a hazmat suit?

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Geese. Racing events take place in the open air. A mature 7kg goose dying on the wing at 3,000ft would hit a runner at a velocity in excess of 100mph. The consequences would be devastating.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    senidM said:
     It's ok JT141, after falling over, twice now, both times ending up in A & E having my head stitched back together, I've joined Colins jogging team, Never race, always avoid hard surfaces and ALWAYS wear my

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rubies-Official-Minions-Inflatable-Costume/dp/B00TO6DUOO/ref=sr_1_32?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1540371554&sr=1-32&keywords=inflatable+costume

Many insects are attracted to the colour yellow. By wearing a Minions suit you are causing an abundance of white fly and aphids in what I like to call the "RUNNING DEATH ZONE". These insects get into the eyes causing lack of vision and onto the road surface causing participants to slip. I'm not an entomologist.
  • 1. Quoting the Daily Mail;
    2. Articles from 2005/6;
    3. In the morning your blood is always thicker;
    4. Yes hydration can be a problem but also over hydration;
    5. I maintain you run at your own risk;
    6. If 2308 doesn't like marathons then don't do it, don't watch it and leave everyone else to their own devices; &
    7. We have too much interference in our lives without 2308 adding to it.

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Colin's a maverick. He doesn't take the easy road of prevailing opinion, but rather cuts a new path through the seldom visited forests of TRUTH. Those who seek to raise the masses from their APATHETIC ignorance do so selflessly and are never appreciated at first. Colin may not be a race logistics manager, medical response coordinator, cardiologist, health professional, pathologist, coroner, legal professional or any other so called AUTHORITY but he can take some wild stabs in the dark and build conclusions from them. You are free to ignore what he says if you want and stay deceived in your MSM fed BUBBLE. Your loss.