Wednesday 24th October 2018 - Nobody ever will take your place in my life

Morning.

Lyrics - Nobody ever will take your place in my life

Sorry to hear you're crook chicksta, I hope you feel better today and can enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Good news emzap.

What:           short and easy
Why:            taper
Last hard:    feeling as though I'm in shape to race a 10k
Last rest:     14/10
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

Wabo:  Glad car started for you!!
    Chick: I hope you feel better today not nice being ill whilst on holiday!

What: 6 mile run at Aberafan prom
    Why: Because I can and running on the flat is novelty
    Last hard: Foot,flooding ,illness etc:-)
    Lyrics: Yes

I do enjoy the difference between hilly and flat running it always amazes me how much faster I can be if the running Gods are kind to me.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    SC - sounds like a great weekend and that race sounds like one to consider. Good to hear the dog is locked away.
    Pammie - Yay, you're back!
    Chick - hope you feel better soon

What - miles at lunchtime, out with ex work pals this evening
    Why - stretch the legs, catching up
    last rest - Saturday
    last hard - Sunday

My work colleague has just walked in with a big tuppeware tub full of Christmas cake. Just the one slice so far, but we have all day :smile:

lyric - not sure I do
    yesterday's were "Chant #1 (Don't need this pressure on)" - Spandau Ballet. Unearthed this classic going through my old nano playlist.

• Morning all. Tad sore after the club session last night. Progressive 8,6,4,2, starting at 5k pace and working up, Sub 6'ing at the end for the first time in a long time :-) Sniffing a bit so lemsipping for Britain getting defence in early.
    Value for money runs: Autumn Paris, Madrid half/full, Lisbon half/full if you want a cheap weekend running to combine with a cracking city and sightseeing. Flights for all are cheap as chips when booked at least three months in advance e.g. Madrid <£50, Lisbon similar. Paris was £60. 
    Get well soon Chicksta. Cake sounds nice Emz. Do share. Enjoy the night Dustin. Have you got a 10k in mind LMH? Contemplating a local off road one on Sunday at Trellech Beacon (£8). See how I feel on the day. WP, were you up early to wander round the bay? :-)
    What: Not sure
    Why: Playing with a cold and tkd tonight
    Last hard: Club last night
    Last Rest: Monday
    Lyrics: No.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all

re car - new battery should sort it out I am told. It did it a bit last year when the temp dropped 
    chick wish you better
    emz cake sounds good!
    SC enjoy tkd, take care of the cold
    dustin have a good night! on the subject of cake, its my work colleagues birthday and what an assortment we have!! Going out for a curry later as well, oh dear..
    LMH enjoy  the short and easy, I am better but you know when a slight tickle thing lingers in the throat, that's me! 
    What: 2 miles d&d
    why: following first 4 weeks of sub 4.30 marathon
    last hard: that was
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Track tonight
    Weather still cr@p
    Last hard Saturday
    Last rest 8 days ago, I think
    Lyrics no
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    LMH: Fight through the taper!
    SC: Cracking account, love the stop for the selfie bit, sounds like you had a great time, I'm jealous.
    OH: I'll send some of this glorious Autumn sunshine up to you.
    Chick: Get well soon, that's rubbish to hear you are suffering.
    Welsh: You are on fire! Thanks got the pants in the post this morning and regarding the supermarket, it's the classy one, the type that sells 2 stone bags of vacum packed generic unidentifiable grey meat and Buckfast (or as I like to call it Bus Shelter Champagne).
    Wabo: She's on it, she's got a plan, "Eye of the tiger Rocky, eye of the tiger"
    Emz: That's great news from Physio, but more importantly grey tea cake, now that sounds special. Seriously though, that is good news the injury is more positive.
    Dustin: Hangover?
    Ale: Can you sort out the weather for the North West as I'm having a visit there early next week.
    Don: Busy day Monday, two innings.

What: Nice hilly 7andabit miler to quote Wabo D&D
    Why: Received running pants in the post that provide extra power
    Lyrics: No

• I'm running the Leicestershire 10k on Sunday SC. I hope you can beat that cold into submission. I wish Mark was as interested in travelling and racing, don't really feel I can go on my own.

Xmas cake Dustin?

Have you been or are you yet to go for your run Benjy?

Are you enjoying the track sessions OH?

I know exactly what you mean Wabo - annoying.

Hope the sun is shining for your trip to the seaside Poppy.

A better run for me this morning which was most welcome. Still think I may have wasted my entry fee mind.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning from LA , arrived yesterday and went running. Sadly also fell asleep so have been awake since 2 am local time.

What: build and ride my bike
    Why: it is why I am in LA
    Last hard: weekend
    Last rest: June/july
    Lyrics: No

Still not a daily routine coming back on RW  but I am checking a few threads here and there. I'm not who I was so sometimes you can't really go back.
  • LMH: Had gone when posted, Done & Dusted, was a good run this morning. Is it much of a journey Leicestershire 10k for you?

Gobi: Oh heck with the mixed up sleep pattern, sounds like fun times though for the bike.
  • Enjoy Gobi.

No, very local Benjy - half an hour or so. Glad you had a good run.
  • Afternoon (having thought I'd posted this morning!)!

Lyrics: no

What: short run and stretches

Why: wanted an easy day, or at least the legs suggested that.

Benjy, when LMH says half an hour or so she means that will be how long it takes her to run the 10k! And I'm sure you won't waste your entry fee, LMH

SC: I'm envious also! I enjoyed visiting Lisbon but found it hard running-wise as too many cobbles! I presume that the races avoid these. Still need to visit Madrid and missed out on my annual excursion to France this year. 

Trust you enjoy LA, Gobi.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ale: There's two halves in Lisbon: Spring and autumn, one starting on the liberation bridge and other on Vasco de G. Both end up shlepping along the waterfront in some way. The later one finishes out at Bellemand is nicer..and also close to famous Portuguese tart cade :-) Madrid highly recommended...so much to see. 
  • In my dreams Alehouse.
  • Thanks, SC! Trouble is I can't see me ever doing a half again! Any 10k options?

And talking of 10ks, :)LMH!

Benjy, 11 degrees and windy here...and getting colder.

Now to read Gobi's blog!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Feeling miles better today. Typical 24 hour bug.

Wet and wild morning with sleet and monster waves. That soon gave way to brilliant sunshine. It stayed cool and breezy but nice enough fur a seafront run.

Enjoy whatever you do in LA, Gobi.

Why would the entry fee be wasted, LMH?

SC: they sound like great races! About time to dig out that old French/ Spanish vocabulary :) don't speak Portuguese though.

Glad it's only the battery, wabo

Benjy: I need some of those power pants :)

Dustin: dammit. Should have gotten yesterday's lyrics.

What: 7.5 miles
    Why: when in Rome ...
    Last hard: seeing my rubbish pace
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: no
  • Is one meant to enjoy track sessions, LMH?  ;)

Windy and wet one tonight
    200m reps, at least in theory