Thursday 25th October 2018 In my mind there's a face

Morning! Just!

Lyrics: In my mind there's a face
On my lips there's a name

Do you fly direct to LA, Gobi, or do you stop off somewhere? Didn't understand a word of the cycling part of the blog!

What: easy run/fitness suite

Why: gradual progressive consistent consistency

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - The Way We Are Made by China Crisis.

No helmets in hill climbs Gobi?

Wasted because instead of paying to suffer for a short time and be disappointed (if I don't run as fast as I'd like) I could be doing a nice LSR and burning some calories in advance of the lunch we're going out for (FiL's 80th). Glad you're feeling better.

I enjoyed track sessions when I was a member of a club OH - they just broke me.

Trouble sleeping again Alehouse or just a late night?

What:            short run/physio
    Why:             taper/legs need it (hoping she can finally sort my hamstring)
    Last hard:     contemplating Sunday's 10k
    Last rest:      14/10

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning...again!

Just a late night, LMH: half term week so no need to get up early. Enjoy lunch!

Meant to comment on Spurs: I don't think one of our number will be happy!

About to look at flights to Madrid and Lisbon!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning 
    no alehouse I am not really happy! Had a nice curry after the game though :smile:
    LMH enjoy the short run, as for the physio....
    lyrics are familiar
    Alehouse gradual progressive consistent consistency, got to be good!

What: 3 miles and yoga later 
    why: early leaving allows it!
    last hard: yesterday am
    last  rest: 31/12/16

have a good thursday all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    re Lisbon, I loved it there, a half would be good! Avoiding cobbles of course
    Gobi's blog, going to try and read
    chick glad it was only a 24 hour thing!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I loved Gobi's blog. I also didn't get all the bike talk, but my goodness what a great sport Gobi! Good luck in LA
  • Lunch is Sunday Alehouse.
  • Morning

Benjy Glad positive pants arrived and working for you:-) As for the supermarket opening you had me in stitches:-)

SC: Thanks for list and advice over flights will go and look and see what I could put on my list;-)

What: 7.1 miles
    Why: Because I could no better reason.
    Last hard: Watching the decline in health of a loved one.
    Lyrics:Yes

I was out early 5.30am and the Hunters Moon was so bright it was a a pleasure to watch it following me around my running route.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Oh dear Poppy. Glad you enjoyed the run and can do dome planning tho! You and Ale and me, anyone else for a posse outing abroad? :-)
    LMH enjoy the easy, Ale ditto and good progress
    Did 5.5 last night and then nothing but leg work at tkd straight after so now...broken!!!! Wabo...good recovery and a curry! Shame about the draw :-(
    What: Nothing
    Why: Bala round trip
    Last Hard: TKD last night
    Last Rest: Monday
    Lyrics...yep...straight back to 1st year uni :-)

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Just battered out a quick lunchtime 4 miles in 27 mins dead.  Going to a Teenage Fanclub concert tonight, they have been my favourite band since 1991 when I was only just out of my teens!  Now they are all in their 50s and still producing wonderful stuff.  

Lyrics, nope.
  • That's a blast from the past Donaldo!

I would love to join you SC - any chance you could move closer so that we can travel together?

Sorry to hear that Poppy, glad you had an enjoyable run though.

Back to a slug like run for me this morning, only the last mile was anywhere near where I'd expect to be at this stage of the taper.
  • LMH: typical taper run then. So all looking good I'd say ;)  Even if you don't get the time you're hoping for a10k will be a good form of speed work. And you never know what the body produces with a bib on.

((Poppy))

Don: Enjoy the concert.

SC: hope you're not seriously broken.

Wabo: yoga!! Wish I'd brought my mat. A sunrise session on the beach or the pier would have been ace. Mind, is too cold and windy now but it would have been lovely in the first week.

What: 5 miles
    Why: still a bit wobbly
    Last hard: being sick
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: no
  • Seville 27th Jan under 25 euros...return flights on Ryan Air(I know) £41 Basic hotels from £33 p.n Just putting it out there :-)

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    evening all

alehouse - flew direct from Heathrow

Helmets LMH - I need a cut and paste for all the places I explain this. It's a hill climb and they are not mandatory. IF EVERYONE WEARS ONE THEN COOL but until then it is a disadvantage to wear it. (It all comes doen to weight, I had mine on to warm up and cool down.

Interestingly tomorrow they are mandatory :¬)

What: 40 miles and 4500ft on the bike
    Why: sight seeing :¬)
    Last hard: last weekend
    Last rest: June or July

• Didn't know if you flew from New York to LA, Gobi. And you will know the lyrics.
  • SC: That sounds perfect for January I am certainly interested.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression