Trump

Comments

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    "US President Donald Trump has responded to speculation that he might be impeached by warning that any such move would damage the economy.

In an interview with Fox & Friends, he said the market would crash and "everybody would be very poor".

"I don't know how you can impeach somebody who's done a great job," Mr Trump told Fox and Friends.

"I tell you what, if I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash, I think everybody would be very poor."

Pointing to his head, he said: "Because without this thinking, you would see numbers that you wouldn't believe in reverse."

(from the BBC website)

So, not "I won't be impeached because I've done nothing wrong", but "You can't touch me because I'm great and the world would fall apart without me in charge".

So he paid money that he originally denied paying, to hush up two women that he had affairs with but originally denied having affairs with, he claims the money was paid without his knowledge but there is evidence that he did, and it was paid during the election campaign but  wasn't paid to help influence the election.

Oh, what a tangled web.........
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Whenever you see Trumps speech written down it amplifies the vague head injury gibberishness of it. Even Oasis lyrics were better than this.
    Ynnec said:
    He's also looking to export his peculiar brand of white supremacy to South Africa.
    Coals to Newcastle.
  • According to Trump "not biased" account on himself as US President. Trump has done the greatest job of all time. Trump is the Greatest American President of all time. The Greatness of the Economy is all due to President Trump. Trump is making America Great Again!
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    That'll be his narcissistic personality disorder in full effect.
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    Ynnec said:
    Ynnec said:
    He's now 4/6 at Bet365 "To Be Impeached By The House In His 1st Term". I might have a piece of that action.
    In light of Cohen's testimony, if Democrats can gain control of the House during the midterms, impeachment could well be on the cards.

I've finally put my money where my keyboard is:

It's not going to make me a millionaire, but'll be a satisfying return nonetheless.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Hope you get your money Ynnec. The Democrats I don't think will move to impeach before the publication of the Mueller investigation. Mueller could put the absolute tin hat on everything. I assume with findings there will also be recommendations? If the report contains any tacit or explicit recommendation to impeach and there's a blue House of Reps then proceedings getting underway would seem inevitable.
    I wonder what it's like to be Trump? The proliferation of panto villain characters like him who put themselves in such a high profile public place, whatever else they must have to be ridiculously tough and resilient. How do they not just implode under the pressure of their own publicly exposed cuntyness? Sociopaths, must be, or else they just couldn't function.
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭

Cheers JT.  

If Mueller can finally eek out a testimony from Trump (written or otherwise) I was hopeful the report would be released prior to the midterms - although Giuliani now maintains they'll try to block its release. Any recommendations will no doubt increase the probability of Democrat House control and the consequent double whammy of impeachment proceedings and Congressional subpoenas; a busy time for Trump's leagal team.

The "cuntyness" of his inner circle (in particular Mattis, Kelly and Saunders) was on show earlier with their sycophantic statements refuting the content in Woodward's upcoming book. Hopefully they'll not diminish the integrity of his work as in stark contrast to Omarosa and Wolff's recent efforts, Woodward has two Pulitzer Prizes to his name.

• YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    Loving the editorial in the NYT and the effect it's having on Trump's fragile psyche. 

Any guesses as to who wrote it? This sums up the likely candidates:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/05/politics/donald-trump-mystery-op-ed/index.html
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    The op ed is a strange one. There seems to be two games at play. Protect Trump and diminish his exposure and liability by bending and contorting the tenets of liberal democracy under law. Or, if that doesn't work, heap it all on him and claim to be the selfless protectors of liberal democracy and law from Trump. For the Republicans if norms do not snap back into shape post Trump it is corrupted in their favour. If the norms return they claim be the heroes who worked behind the scenes against the malign influence of Trump (who, of course, was never a "real" Republican).
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Too complicated for me.

Just waiting for Trump to lay into his critics (in the US) saying that maybe they should put as much effort into helping make the US great again, instead of wasting their time trying to 'take him out'.

🙂

• YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    RicF said:

Just waiting for Trump to lay into his critics (in the US) saying that maybe they should put as much effort into helping make the US great again, instead of wasting their time trying to 'take him out'.

Ever the uninformed contrarian, eh Ric?
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Like all self made millionaires.

🙂

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    RicF said:

He kind of is making that criticism, although mainly he focuses on it as a personal attack because everything is personalised. In a broader sense if you believe Trump's shortcomings in office are born out of a lack of support or appointees working against him, well you can't teach a dog to play to chess. It's not a failure of will or determination or tutoring when it eats the pieces and shits on the board.
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Chess! maybe that's the point.

Never has so much intelligence been expended in a more futile pursuit.

🙂

• YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    RicF said:
    Like all self made millionaires.
    Good for you, Ric. Thankfully, my opinion of someone is based on their actions, not the amount of ££ they have in the bank.

It's looking good for November:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/house/?ex_cid=irpromo
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Blow her up! Blow her up!
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    Unbelievable how he refuses to describe the letter bombs as terrorist acts.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Remember when Elon Musk accused that potholer of being a paedophile because he disrespected his submarine? Imagine if someone later attacked that guy. Now imagine if Elon Musk was asked, "did your allegations of paedophilia heighten the risk of an attack?". And his answer was, "no, he was attacked because he was exposed as a liar. His lie was to say he is not a paedophile". That's pretty much Trumps and his coteries response right now.
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Steph McGovern says that Trump called her beautiful.

Her response proves beyond all doubt that Trump is a liar and cannot be trusted.

🙂

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Ynnec said:
    Unbelievable how he refuses to describe the letter bombs as terrorist acts.
    They've been refusing to describe the letter "bombs" as bombs at all.
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    Let's see whether he uses the term "neo-nazi" in relation to events in Pittsburgh.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    This whole political thing. This cultural identity movement across the Americas and Europe. This movement of irrational thought and perception. These figureheads to it. It's got a touch of the ridiculous about it. It is disarmingly comical. And so fascism as before as now creeps up in it's clown shoes and looks so evidently risible right up to when people start getting killed.

This will not end well. The saving grace is that when there is no more room for passivity in the face of an oncoming tyranny and liberals start building bombs, our bombs will work.
  • Ynnec said:
    Let's see whether he uses the term "neo-nazi" in relation to events in Pittsburgh.

He hasn't used term neo nazi. But he did say this: "This evil Anti-Semitic attack is an assault on humanity. It will take all of us working together to extract the poison of Anti-Semitism from our world. We must unite to conquer hate." Pretty strong rebuttal of anti semitism.  Of all the faults of Trump anti semitism is not one of them. The Pittsburgh shooter was not a Trump supporter.
  • JT141 said:
    This will not end well. The saving grace is that when there is no more room for passivity in the face of an oncoming tyranny and liberals start building bombs, our bombs will work.
    Oh yes liberal bombs. Like those of liberal darling Obama and his failed corrupt successor Clinton. Causing chaos in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Yemen, Somalia and Libya.
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    Gonna set the alarm for 2am. Anyone else planning to watch the results roll in?
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    I might.  Last 2 times I went to bed thinking all would be well in the morning, I woke to the opposite.  Not sure I could take that again......
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I hear what you're saying, Nessie. All the signs are looking good for a blue House majority come tomorrow morning.
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    Job done.

Now the fun and games should start for the racist, sexist, fascist fuck.