Friday 26th October 2018 - You pretend you're high

Morning.

Lyrics - You pretend you're high

Unfortunately not chicksta, would have been a typical taper run last week but usually by now I'm seeing some speed in these really short runs. Hope the weather picks up for you.

I didn't know they weren't mandatory for hill climbs Gobi - is that universal? Do you know why? Hope you enjoy today's ride.

Sounds like a bargain SC but I don't do Spain.

I'm expecting a rubbish run this morning as my legs usually need a couple of days to recover from my physio's ministrations, at least the forecast rain has moved back to later in the day so only running a few miles will hopefully mean I stay dry. Looking cold and breezy for Sunday even though it's going to have had an extra hour to warm up.

What:            short run
Why:             taper
Last hard:     looking at the long winter
Last rest:      14/10
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

LMH:It maybe be cold and breezy for race it will make you finish as quickly as you can;-)

Awful run this morning or it tried to be awful it was an awful mile between 3-4 but I bloody well rallied to finish okay.

What: 6 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard:Lots 
    Lyrics:Nope
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were "From New York to L.A.", Patsy Gallant.

Don't know today's.

What: short run/fitness suite

Why: have got time and need to work my Achilles in particular.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    hope you are ok Poppy, nice miles, well toughed out! x
    alehouse have a great Friday short and fitness!
    LMH hope your run surprises you!
    Chick Yoga was tough last night!

What: 2.5 ish later maybe, did 2.5 last night
    why: before I babysit!!
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16

Sunday is day 666!!! Me and Cleo junior park run in devil horns, can't wait. 
    Have a great weekend all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning again!

Enjoy the baby sitting and day 666, Wabo!

Change of plan here: sun was out so decided to run before going into the sports centre; wrong decision as the last 2k were run in sleet. Fortunately had a wet suit top on in case, with gloves and hat in the pocket. 27 minutes run, which is more than most Fridays. Too wet to go into the fitness suite though.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    BLIMEY ALEHOUSE, oops, sleet??
  • Yes, sleet. And heavy frost forecast for the morning! May opt not to parkrun!
  • Goodness me sleet!! sun is shining here.I must check forecast for tomorrow I did have rain on my run but nothing much at all.

wabo enjoy day 666 and the devil horns B)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • LMH: Rooting for you, hope those legs play well
    Ale: You work that achilles, then sort the weather out for Monday.
    Welsh: Tiptop for fighting the third mile. Funny how some days the miles are a breeze then others like wading through treacle. Happens to me a lot.
    Chicksta: Regarding power pants the other day, see Welsh above, she has a small back room factory producing artisan power pants posted in discrete packaging to lilly livered runners like me. Once applied and pulled up hills become mounds.
    SC: Hope those legs have recovered, now that is indomitable spirit. Are you doing Seville? That looks interesting, hmmm (scratching my chin and thinking could be an adventure)
    Don: Teenage Fanclub, wow blast from the past
    Wabo: Sunday 666, like it
    Gobi: That sounds a cracking ride 40 miles elevated. Good luck

Don't normally do three days running, usually 2 on 1 off, but yesterday was so busy went out for a 5, did 6, so hoping to do a 10 in half an hours time. Hopefully.

What: Hoping to do a nice scenic 10
    Why: Running bit rubbish last two days, 7 & 6 but not great runs.
    Lyrics: Well I think I do

• 10 very windy (gusting 45kts) and cold miles done this morning- last double figures before GO33 methinks. Preceded by very brief sea dip.
    That's the plan
    Last hard: that was.
    Last rest: no running yesterday but 800m in sea.
    Lyrics no

• Hope you had a good run Benjy.

We didn't even get the rain forecast Alehouse, good job you were prepared.

Hope you and Cleo enjoy your run on Sunday Wabo.

Well toughed out Poppy, it's so tempting to give in to the voices in our head.

I have no idea what's going on with my legs. The run the day after a visit to my physio is usually dire but this morning after the first mile my legs were playing - no idea what to expect on Sunday (other than pain).
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    what race are you doing on Sunday LMH?
  • Benjy: you made me laugh out loud re. Poppy's power pant factory :D. Hope your scenic 10 went well.

Oh and poppy: well battled/ toughed out

Wabo: juniors in devil's horns sounds great.

Ale: commiserations re. sleet. We had to sit out a sleet shower the other day. Will try to post a pic. Internet is a bit slow here.

LMH: Glad the legs are coming back. Mine are still missing in action but I blame the walking. I'm covering as many weekly miles as if I were in peak marathon training and walking is so much harder on my legs than running!

What: 6.5 miles run and 7 walked
    Why: Last day by the sea
    Last hard: sleep was rubbish last night
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: yes
  • I'm doing a 10k Wabo - Alehouse made me................

Hope you have a good last night chicksta.
  • Sleet on the pier :)