Monday 29th October 2018 I'm so used to doing everything with you

Morning!

Lyrics: I'm so used to doing everything with you
Planning everything for two

What: unsure, but there will be a run at some point

Why: it is cold, don't know whether my M73 friend is running this morning, may go to the fitness suite etc

What's next, LMH? Or are you not sure what to do?

Hopefully today's lyrics will relate to yesterday's; mind you I probably got yesterday's wrong!

And come on Spurs! Will you be there, Wabo?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were What Have I Done To Deserve This by Pet Shop Boys.

Brass Monkey next Alehouse.

We have a very heavy frost and it's quite slippery in places. I'm just trying to defrost a little after Grace's walk before heading out for my run. My hamstring is a little upset after yesterday but I think it should be fine bimbling on the flat.

What have you done to your knee Donaldo?

Well deserved Dustin, I'm pleased your club showed their appreciation.

What:             hopefully at least a MLR
    Why:              apart from being cold it should be a nice morning for a run
    Last hard:      getting going yesterday
    Last rest:       14/10

Lyrics - don't think I do.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    What - easy lunchtime, might be out with the beginners group tonight
    Why - seeing if the legs still function , coaching crisis
    last rest - Saturday
    last hard - Yesterday
  • OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Morning all,

Ale: Enjoy the run today, I can attest to its chilliness this morning.
    LMH: Well done for yesterday's race despite it not being your best performance; and hope enjoy the MLR.
    Dustin: Hope the easy lunch time  run goes well.

What: A couple of laps round Woodbank and Vernon Park, and then down the trails for about 20 mins.
    Why: Fancied it.
    Lyrics: Nope.

Was in Cumberland Lodge this weekend down in Windsor for advocacy training, very intense but enjoyable.

Had to do a public speaking exercise on a non-legal topic so decided to talk about the Ghost Runner, John Tarrant.

They also had a 25 hour (given the clocks went back) road cycling event round the park, the Red Bull Timelaps, so when I had a bit of free time, I did spectate for a short while.    One of the stewards was explaining at 2.00am, they have a power hour, where the riders shift to a shorter course.  Sound as intense as the advocacy.

Hope you all have a good day. 
    Have a good day. image
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Good to see you, Ol! Hope you are getting back to some running...and the course is going well. John Tarrant was a great choice for a talk! Trust it went well.
    Was talking about Woodbank this morning!

What: in the end I did know what to do with myself as M73 emailed to ask if I was running, so did 20 minutes or so before I turned off to let him disappear into the distance for his hill session. I took a longer way back and ended up with 8.11k, the longest run since I don't know when. Tired now! Lots of layers, hat, gloves.

Why: opportunity to chat with another runner and the LSR for the week. Will take a Gobi-style rest day now, i.e. no running for over 24 hours, and then it will be easy, although Pilates won't be. 

Off to stretch calf and Achilles during Popmaster! And I'm sure everyone really does know these lyrics!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    Alehouse nice miles! How sudden we have had to wrap up!! I will be at Wembley tonight and then no more until the new stadium opens.  So so so sad about Leicesters owner :-(
    dustin well raced and well deserved with the award I reckon
    LMH sorry your race wasn't what you wanted, hope you have a nice run today
    Ollie nice to see you
    Poppy amazing miles last week
    what: a mile just over
    why: today is a rest day
    last hard: that wasn't to be fair
    last rest: 31/12/16
    Cleo did her first junior park run, 1.22 miles in 15 mins.  The conditions were horrid - it was raining and so cold her little hands were cold! She didnt once ask to stop or drop out, she cracked on and commented, maybe I wont do one when its raining next time.  Bless her!!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

Well done Cleo! And I am with her...maybe I won't do one when the weather is foul, either. Saturday was touch and go whether I parkran or not. Glad I did.

Wabo, re Leicester, very sad indeed. As you will know, there are owners...and owners. The chairman and his family have donated millions to the local area, especially the hospital which is almost next door to the King Power, as well as engaging with the fans through a whole variety of initiatives such as finding a mince pie on your seat. I hope his son is able to continue his father's legacy. Enjoy tonight!

And I like the mile is a rest day. My rest day is now 2k, up from 1!
  • Good to see you able to increase the miles Alehouse.

Hope you are enjoying the course Ollie.

Awww, sounds as though granny is going to have a little running buddy :-)

How is your ITB Dustin?

I had a lovely if chilly long run this morning. Feel much better for it.

• Hi Ollie!

Short run (penance) followed by information gathering for audit (CPD for appraisal/revalidation). Should run again this evening with loop group.
    Last hard: seeing the start of XC yesterday!
    Lyrics no

Sad news at Leicester FC :'(
  • Sorry for being a bit non-runny and AWOL. Return and family stuff travel taking their toll... will spare you the details.
    Back in work tomorrow and back training as well. Can't wait.  No running for 3 days now :/

Bloody glad i did Berlin and not Frankfurt. Conditions were absolutely miserable yesterday. Strong winds,  horizontal rain and 3 degrees. A bit like Boston.

LMH: Sorry to hear you had a pants race yesterday.  10ks just suck ;)
    Glad you had a good run today.

Good to see you, Ollie.

Wabo: aw bless little Cleo. Tough cookie.

Ale: fantastic news. Your runs are getting longer :+1:

Dustin: Lovely gesture from your club and well earned.

What: nothing but travelling since Saturday
    Why: family stuff
    Last hard: family stuff
    Last rest: today
    Lyrics: no
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    Well done for yesterday Dustin 
    Lmh sorry you didn't have a good one 

Back on nights was a killer week 5 nights including Saturday and the extra hour 
    Got out a few times just run walks 
    Bit of walking too to and from bus stop 1+ miles

5 nights this week hoping to drop a night which will make it easier 

What 20 minutes run walk
    Why fitness
    Last hard every run
    Lyrics nope 
  • Nice gesture Dustin. OH and penance..made me smile...shame about the race. You too LMH...consign to file 13. Sensible Emz. Good to see the miles climbing back up Ale. Benjy - keep making us smile please. Pammie...it all helps. Chicksat...didn't like the look of that sleet/snow. Wabo...well done on the little one's first outing. Hope the studies are going well Ollie.
    Hectic few days and a bit of a  curate's egg. Snuffles and niggles. Good parkrun Sat morning until loose lace cost me a few seconds. (Honest I did tie in a double bow but) managing a top 10 finish at 21.22 so missed SB and still 38 secs off pb post diagnosis but I'll take it. Late decision to do Trellech Beacon Dash on Sunday- a 10k multi-terrain close to home. 49.13 (Only 3 sub 40's) 61/185 and 7th in category. First 2k uphill and started quite well but then had a quick burst of SVT and a timeout to recover. Got back under in under two mins so went back off steady. Caught a few club mates and started to work back up the field. By 5K felt confident enough to up the effort a tad and climbed a few places even catching a couple on the run in. Very tight course and difficult to pass in amny places. A few gates kissing gates and stiles all added to the entertainment. Cold it was but at least it was dry. Muddy  and slippy and tricky and fun. Knee however does not agree. Think I've overdone it recently and think a bit of tendonitis above the knee. Rest here I come and some NSAID just for good measure. Hmmm
    What: Zilch
    Why: Benched
    Last Hard: yesterday's 10K
    Last Rest: WiP
    Lyrics: Think so
  • Three days with no running chicksta? Must have been serious, hope it's all resolved now.

Well done for getting out Pammie.

I thought you were tapering OH? Not sure how doubles fits with that?

Waiting for the man from Magnet to come and fix the fixable bits of my kitchen - then I think it will be as good as it's going to get (which is frankly pants but hey ho). Had a lovely surprise when I arrived home from work, a box had been left for me, I wasn't expecting anything so was a bit suspicious but it's a hamper from Virgin Atlantic, there was a 'medical emergency' on our flight home (not sure if I mentioned it) anyway there was no one more qualified so I answered the call for assistance and as it turned out it was a woman having a panic attack so my sort of thing. I was given a bottle of champagne before I left the flight which I thought was unnecessary but much appreciated - certainly wasn't expecting to receive anything else.
  • Oh wow, LMH. Glad you were able to help. Virgin are one of the better airlines. Thumbs up for Richard Branson :)
    The lack of running is more caused by being on the road most of the day and therefore lack of running opportunites than any real issue, so no worries.

The in-laws resting place is now sorted which was our main concern.

Stick with it Pammie.

Well run,  SC. Sorry to hear about the wrecked knee. Hope it's short lived.
  • Glad you're ok chicksta.

x-posted with you earlier SC, sorry to hear about your knee - possibly a result of twisting and turning in the conditions? Hope it's soon sorted whatever the cause.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    LMH, my knee has been bad for several months but sometimes its worse than others.  Not sure the cause but I cant sit in cramped conditions like in the cinema.  I get lots of pain.  When running it's okay I suppose but it swelled up yesterday.  Trying some stretches today.

Did the 5K virtual race today, quite fun, using the app, Zombies Run.   20:49.  9th in the virtual world!  

Lyrics, naw.
  • Come on now LMH, I'm only talking about 6.1 total today.

Nice for you to get thanks. 
    One of our year "attended" a guy with chest pain on a transatlantic flight in her first year after registration. She was later told that there was a contingent of consultant American cardiologists on the flight. They had kept quiet!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: 5 km
    Why: went to club but back seized up so leg extension restricted. Jogged home after one of my 4 1200m reps
    Last hard: that was!
    Lyrics: nope

Wabo cute!
    Sorry to hear race wasn't as planned lmh but nice present from virgin (oh that made me laugh!)

Good racing Dustin and SC but please take it easy.
    Ale good improvement there..
    Have a lovely evening all
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

two posts in two days, a rarity for me.... 

Ale - yes Jnr occasionaly runs and came out on sat, not ran in a couple of months and still clocked 20:45 after staying with me for the first 3k.... the joys of youth

LMH dont be so harsh on yourself :-)

Good XC Dustin, I do miss the XC races now, but no way I could even do them at present, hard enough on the road.... just got my neauroligical appointment through.... 01st Feb.... feels like years away

Rest day today as just very tired

Take care