Tuesday, 30 October 2018 - Man it sure is good to hear you singin' and yodelin' and pickin' again

Morning all. Back to business here. Yay :)

Lyrics today: Man it sure is good to hear you singin' and yodelin' and pickin' again Jack Elliot

What: 9 ish easy
Why: Getting back into proper training
Last hard: traveling and no running
Last rest: yesterday

Comments

• Morning.

Nice to have you back chicksta  :) Is it cold there now?

What:             short and easy
    Why:              work stops play
    Last hard:      watching the kitchen fitter fail to make the adjustments
    Last rest:       14/10

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were, Dusty Springfield - I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself

What: not sure

Why: I just don't know what to do with myself. Achilles and calf annoying after yesterday, so probably short run, lots of Achilles loading and Pilates. Work first, so plenty of time to decide what to do.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Chick - glad you're back running, 3 days without is about my limit!
    LmH - what a lovely gesture
    SC - sounds like my kind of run with the trail race
    Wabo - great run from Cleo!

What - club session , hill reps
    Why - After a week or so of easy running, I believe the niggle has largely died down. Yesterday's run was possibly a bit zippy for recovery (8:20s) but felt comfortable & relaxed. Will see how something harder feels tonight
    Last Rest - Saturday
    Last Hard - today probably
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    chick welcome back ;-)
    Lyrics no
    Thanks Dustin, she did well bless her, watch this space.  Hope the niggle is on the way out!
    Alehouse, I love that song can't believe I didnt get it.  Hope it all settles down.  It was a good game last night and thank goodness they didn't score heaps more...
    LMH oh no, I feel your pain about the kitchen; you just want it all good now!

What: up in the air, will run later but possibly a walk with my son
    why: it feels all my people around me are in a bad way mentally :-(
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    sc, good for you that you can get back after svt during a race! Hope your knee eases up
    LMH wow that is so nice of Virgin (and you) and OH's story made me chuckle!
    Emzap hows your back today?

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Planning to do 5-7 today
    ( work and Halloween swim tomorrow)
    last hard Friday
    lyrics no

nice to have the recognition Dustin
  • Sounds positive Dustin.

Sorry to hear that Wabo, getting them out in the fresh air, moving and talking can only be a good thing.

Do you dress up for the Halloween swim OH or is it just a swim on the 31st October?

Sorry to hear your niggles are niggling Alehouse.

• Wabo: Oops. Hope there's some resolution for all concerned and things stabilise. Nice touch LMH. Easy 9 Chicksta? Is there such a thing? :-) Dustin: don't test that niggle too hard. I think you would have enjoyed Sunday. How are you today Emz? 
    Wonder where Benjy's been bouncing around!
    What: Not sure but will marshal/scare at halloween relays in the forest tonight :-)
    Why: Knee still tender above and to the touch but significantly improved on yesterday
    Last hard: Not running yesterday
    Last Rest: Yesterday
    Lyrics: Nope
  • 6.5 up and down Wideford Hill D&D. Nice day
    Some dress up LMH ( me in swimming trunks is scary enough)
  • Afternoon,

3 miles yesterday as tum issues and -4 was a tad too cold for me

-5 today so made decision not to run as it took 2 hours to warm up yesterday. So a mile on treadmill all I could face and 35 mins on exercise bike and 4 miles walking.

Thank goodness weather is back to normal tomorrow.This is far too early to be that cold!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Ale: Sorry to hear the legs were reacting. Hope things settle and you can build on yesterday's longish run.

Dustin said:
    Chick - glad you're back running, 3 days without is about my limit!
    I've been feeling more and more rubbish as the days progressed, trust me. All good now though.

Poppy: that's mighty cold. Wow. Good to have a treadmill if conditions are like that.

Some dress up LMH ( me in swimming trunks is scary enough)

:D  bright orange budgie smugglers then?

Wabo: Hope the people around you brighten up.

SC: Are you running again or still being cautious?

LMH: Hope there's an end to the kitchen saga in sight.

Happy to report a little over 9 miles this morning. It was cold, grey, damp and miserable but I enjoyed every step. Quite surprised to see 8:50ish pace as I'm generally much slower after a break.

• LMH: So sorry to hear the 10k didn't turn out how you wanted. Still you have many positives in the bag that demonstrate great achievements, some days the planets just don't align. I've been way and have been wondering how things went.
    Chicksta: The Chicksta Strikes Back a nine mile to kick things off, great stuff.
    Ale: I hope you choose well.
    Dustin: Great stuff with the zippy run yesterday, the hill reps will test I'm sure.
    Welsh: -5 bloody hell, where are you? That's outrageous at this time of year. Blimey riley snakes alive. Hope the mercury picks up and that bike can go back in the cupboard under the stairs.
    SC: Bounced back, like a drunken Bungle from Rainbow. Regarding your 'curates egg' (now added to my lexicon), great result of performance, shame about that bloody SVT.
    OH: Halloween swim, now you be careful. You don't want to be mistaken for apple bobbing fodder for some spooky highland creature.
    Wabo: Hope things settle down.

Been away over to Manchester for a couple of days, no running since Friday, managed to squeeze only a 5.5mile in when got back in late last night. Foolishly didn't take my winter torch out in the dickie dark, got up on the coastal road and could not see a thing, it was brighter if I closed my eyes. Had to stop and gingerly step forward and wait for cars to come from behind to shed some light so I could progress further until back to street lighting areas (I was on a path not the road, I'm daft at times but not that daft). Apart from that bit, it was to quote Dustin really Zippy. Could tell my legs where cheesed off with sitting in car, sitting in relatives chairs, living out of suitcase, needed to expel some energy.

What: Gym session lunchtime just done (week of this week) due to Taekwondo tonight. Now daughters over to the local library for a cartoon illustration holiday class.

Why: Don't normally run on Taekwondo days, gym and stretching instead.

Lyrics: Well they have got me beat.

• ^ miles done and dusted...gingerly....mistake. Felt fine whilst out. Post shower sit down and stand up and...smile...ouch. Hmmm Ibrupofen, deep freeze.....definitely tendonitis!
  • Sorry to hear that SC.

I was wondering where you were Benjy - your run sounds like an experience not to be repeated.

Thank you chicksta - I can't get the image of OH in orange budgie smugglers out of my head now! No idea when/if kitchen issues will be resolved, I'm getting fed up enough of it to consider escalating things but I really don't want the stress.

Far too cold even for one who likes the winter like you Poppy.
  • Just checked October...138 mles...most for a number of years so probably overuse :-) Bit of rest should do it!
  • Afternoon,

No running today, may pop out for a run tomorrow though.

Hope everybody else is well, always good to pop back and see the usual faces keeping up with their running.
    Have a good day. image
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

hope the niggle is ok SC

Intervals for me today 5 x 600m, felt like really hard work, but more steps in the right direction 4.75m in total, at lunch as working from home, but was also still very cold, for two tops, leggings hat and gloves.... feeling more like a runner again.....

Guarenteed a rest in Dec as will be having another op on my hand to sort out the Duprytons contactures, so will be at least a week off running if not more due to the open wounds etc.... (cant risk falling)

Take care

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Good session tonight, 6 x 800 road reps every 4 mins.  Reps were just short of 800 and took 2:40.