Wednesday 31st October 2018 - Why are you frightened can't you see that it's you

Morning.

Lyrics - Why are you frightened can't you see that it's you

Good to hear that you getting back to it RFJ.

Your knee is better then Donaldo?

What:            MLR/gym
Why:             I have time/needs to be done
Last hard:     late let down by the friend I was supposed to have coffee and cake with this afternoon
Last rest:      14/10
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: a-g treadmill session

Why: Achilles precaution

Just been watching pictures from Venice where one of my friends and fellow runner is spending the week to celebrate his 65th birthday. Remind me not to complain about the weather here!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Nope, you know me, LMH, I just keep running through the pain.  Could barely lift my leg to get my socks on this morning right enough!  It is what it is.  Powered through the session anyway.  Wife getting increasingly frustrated.  

Nothing much planned for today, taking my school running club out for a few miles and that'll be that.

Lyrics, nope. 
  • I can't imagine why your wife is getting frustrated with you Donaldo..............please don't do yourself any permanent damage.

It does look bad out there Alehouse. Hope you have a good session. I'm just warming up before wrapping up to go out for my run. I would so like to be back in Florida!
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Ale: Good luck with the anti-grav, hope it goes well, regarding Venice a truly awful situation there at the moment.
    LMH: Enjoy the medium/long, I imagine it is a good feeling to be able to get back to your preferred runs now.
    Don: Go careful there, I know the feeling exactly though, you get an injury, but rather run it out than do nothing and rest. It's the addiction we have. Certainly not advice/encouragement, that aspect is rest it Don.
    RFJ: Good going on intervals there.
    Olliepop: Enjoy today
    SC: Good miles, tiptop

What: A quick innings around 9:30ish, probably a 6 or 7 around North Bay
    Why: Halloween/Half-term activities today, early quick run
    Lyrics: Familiar, but can't nail it
    Weather: A devilishly deceptive sunny day outside yet very cold air temp
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    wow benjy that 5.5 sounds scary! Enjoy your run today in the light!!
    SC sorry to hear about your injury, rest should do it!
    Agree about Venice, oh my goodness it looks so bad
    Ollie! Hello
    RFJ Duprytons contactures, I had to google I must admit.  How did it come about do you know? I am having a problem at the moment with a finger that I bent back! Every time it gets pushed that way (I forget) the pain is awful, sickening even. 
     Didn't get my son out for a walk, but the whole family want to come and know it will do them good.  So it will happen when we can!
    LMH it is so suddenly cold isn't it! I cannot believe how I am wrapping up, even put a hoodie up whilst running today
    alehouse have a good day take care, your poor mate :-(
    lyrics no
    WHat: mile done this morning, another later
    Why: time constraints, off to do the halloween thing with my daughter and the  girls later, followed by a football match!
    Last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all
    up the spurs
    :) 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Good luck with the Op RFJ, presumably it won't impact running ability?
    Spooky stuff last night Benjy, 
    SC - ouch, you be carful
    Don - you too, good session but don't do anything stupid (that's my forte)

what - easy recovery lunchtime, hill coaching tonight
    Why - nailed 12x400m loops last night, each with a short, sharp climb on each lap. Not quite keeping up with my usual crew, but not far off. Took a while to get going so actually caught a few strays up as the session wore on. 
    last rest - Saturday
    last hard - definitely last night

• Benched. Serious reaction to bimble. Inflamed and sore. Very sore. Ho humm. Rest time  Donaldo...nice pace...I remember that...vaguely. Hope you get the double Wabo.  Good fun at the night races last night, both marshalling and scaring. Great party atmosphere with lots of people enjoying themselves. Nice part of club activity. Have fun out there everybody. Keep it gentle Ale. Donaldo..I don't think I can power through this one. Weird: Okay when I was running just reacted when I stopped. Good old tendonitis!
    What: Nowt
    Why: Benched
    Last hard: Walking
    Last Rest: WiP
    Lyrics ; Appropriate :-)

• Afternoon

SC: Oh no not on the bench again:-(

What:4.5 miles
    Why: Chest and throat being a pain and wind and sand.
    Last hard: Too many to choose
    Lyrics : Yes
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Afternoon!

Hoping those with injuries and ailments are soon back to full speed.

What: 5.45 miles on the a-g treadmill

Why: trying not to overwork the Achilles/calf area, although even with the bodyweight % at 85 I was still aware of the niggle. 

Included 3 x 4 mins at sub 5 min mile pace with 2 mins recovery and warm up/down at 6 minutes per mile. Shame it isn't like that in real life!

October's figures: 110.91km, 31 days run, 3 parkruns. Actually biggest month since May 2017, I think.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Don: maybe it's time to rest? I echo what LMH said. You don't want to wreck that knee for good.

Nice monthly total, ale. Mine is 239k, lowest monthly mileage this year. Oops.

Hope you're un-benched soon, SC.

Serious session, Dustin.

Poppy: good going with a sore throat.

Wabo: enjoy trick or treating

Benjy: similar weather here. Bright, sunny, cold and very windy.

What: 8 miles with 2 lots at LT pace (15 and 12 mins)
    Why: loosely following a half marathon plan, hoping to regain some speed. Right now my lazy October is biting me in the arse :D
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics: yes, perfect choice for today

Yesterday's were A Cup of Coffee, Johnny Cash
  • You were tapering and recovering chicksta!

Really sorry to hear that SC.

That doesn't sound great Alehouse.

Sorry to hear that your chest and throat are bad Poppy.

Good running Dustin.
  • Working today. Heading out for Halloween swim shortly (Sorry no tangerine budgie smugglers!)
    It's Halloween
    Last hard Friday (alternatively ... reading forecast for Saturday - 50mph wind and heavy rain - at least we'll have a tail wind for second half).
    Polar Bear Challenge begins tomorrow (250m ow swim twice a month under ice swimming clothing rules and 5000m over the 5 months)
    Lyrics no

Just an easy 5k loosener run planned for tomorrow then drive down on Friday.

Hope you don't keep then bench warm for long, Poppy, SC, AH, Don ...
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Good evening

What: a short walk at lunch
    why: I think I'm getting there, but being very careful.  May try a short run tomorrow before we go away.
    Last hard: Monday night, realising your body just doesn't want to play is not a nice feeling!
    Lyrics: nope

Hiding inside with the lights off this evening :) !

Benjy your run doesn't sound like fun (well the dark bits of it anyway!)
    SC sorry to hear about that, hope you're on the mend soon
    Wabo enjoy the outing with the little ones

Getting a bit chilly out there, sleeting earlier!

Have a lovely evening all.
  • Well one of swim group took Halloween seriously