Monday 5th November 2018 - You took a mystery and made me want it

Morning
Lyrics: You took a mystery and made me want it 

What: gentle something at club
Why: legs still very stiff
Last hard: Saturday

Splits ouch, I can probably get about 50 cm from the ground!

Fleet air arm museum was well worth a visit (if you like planes and military history)

Have a lovely day

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no. Was just about to hit the button to start the thread when I saw yours, Emz. Sounds like you enjoyed your birthday weekend.

What: a run of some description

Why: see how the legs cope
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Emz - sounds like a good weekend. Not been to the Fleet Air but driven past the signs for it man a time on the A303. On a military history theme, anyone been to Bletchley Park? I was reading about that last week.   
    OH & Els - great studd well done!
    Benjy - getting sore just thinking about those stretches/splits

What - easy miles / QoP
    Why - staying loose / I need ironing out
    last rest - 9 days
    last hard - all of them

Still have niggles down the left leg so Saturday's 8 trail was heavy going. Canned an LSR yesterday, besides I had some admin to do at the track (club hut) so instead did 5miles with 8x100s. Normally a routine run, was blowing out the back yesterday.
    I am expecting QoP to make me squeal.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Dustin those sessions sound tough, don't overdo it. Have wanted to go to Bletchley for a while but not made it there yet.

Have to say for a weekend of relaxing and enjoyment I'm pretty tired this morning!
  • Belated birthday wishes Emz. Sounds like a tough one OH. Sensible Dustin. Think I need more than ironing!
    Plodded parkrun on Saturday and shouldn't have bothered. Knee flared again. 
    Rugby not brilliant but better/less bad team won!
    Benjy: Had family down from Scotland so Brum not on the agenda. Next outing Welsh in December.
    I've never done the splits. Started tkd far too late. 
    What: Nothing
    Why: Benched
    Last hard: Walking Saturday afternoon
    Last Rest: Yesterday
    Lyrics: Yep. 
  • Morning again!

What: 6.44k

Why: m73 called and that is all he wanted to do as he is having an easy week before xc league on Saturday.

And realised part way round that I know the lyrics and thought of using them recently.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Roam - The B52's.

I'm in the same position with Bletchley Park Dustin.

Anyone who fancies the Fleet Air Arm Museum could always combine it with Yeovil marathon or half  :)

Sounds as though a bit more rest may be required SC? What's next for you race wise?

What:            LSR
    Why:             next opportunity is Wednesday when the forecast is pants
    Last hard:     that wasn't easy
    Last rest:      14/10

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Bet QoP is going to hurt, Dustin! Nice session though. I like 100m strides. They teach you a lot about running form.

Enjoy your LSR, LMH. Grey and miserable here today.

Ale: Is your Achilles finally caving in to your running?

What: Gym session (15mins on the elliptical as warm-up + 40mins of core work)
    Why: needed to give my legs a break
    Last hard: Wednesday
    Last rest: 29/10
    Lyrics: yes
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    lyrics yes!! One of my faves
    emzap, happy belated and I hope you enjoy the short today 
    alehouse, hope the legs cope well, aha I see they did! I was going to add you will know
    chick enjoy the gym
    LMH enjoy the LSR
    SC hope you're ok, hope the bench isnt for too long
    dustin, enjoy the QoP??? 

I also struggled in my 5 mile xctry, well not so much struggled to be fair I just had nothing left in the tank shortly before the finish! Then marshalled over Hackney Marshes for the North London champs, it was hard as I was in a difficult point to marshall but I didnt lose anyone!!

what: 2 miles d&d this morning
    why: good start to the week?
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16 
     Cleo did the Junior park run again and knocked 46 secs off her previous time!! So happy she was
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

Hello

Holiday over and break in season over

What: 5 mile run d&d gym PM

Why: back in the game

Last hard: Coming back from the USA

Last rest: most of the last 9 days

Lyrics: OH YES !!!!

Anyone need a medic ?

Fleet air arm is awesome as are most Military museums

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

Wabo hope the tank gets refuelled

Dustin hope you get good results from the QOP

Running is plodding on here, with good and bad days, Saturday was good with pacing at parkrun at 25 mins (24:54) so non the nose... but struggled with 7m on Sunday.

Rest day today 

Watching the footy tonight and hoping for good things

Take care