Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• If Screamer KO'd Ric how come she threw in the towel?
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    RicF said:
    Strange kind of victory Ynnec if the winner gets a ban. 
    She did?
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    Mr Worry said:
    If Screamer KO'd Ric how come she threw in the towel?
    I guess it's a case of subjective opinion.
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    So giving someone a face-full and running away counts as a victory!

Ban of some sort. Otherwise it's some coincidence.

🙂

• YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    RicF said:

She made her point loud and clear.

Evidence of her ban?
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Evidence of her ban?

I was the moderator who banned her.

🙂

• YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    RicF said:

Prove it by banning me.
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    I can't. You need to transgress the rules of the site to the point where what is written can be used against Runners World in a libel action.

Ironically considering this is an American site - that can only occur in the UK as unlike the US it only pays lip service to the concept of free speech. 

It's why news and information from the US seems so inflammatory. It's because you hear all of it without suppression.

The UK has all sorts of filters which screen people from seeing and hearing the harsh realities, leaving them to stew in their own imaginations instead.

🙂

• HA77HA77 ✭✭✭
    Ric is a moderator?? Sheez...... 
    It's like putting Attila the Hun in charge of peace negotiations.
  • RicF said:
    The UK has all sorts of filters which screen people from seeing and hearing the harsh realities, leaving them to stew in their own imaginations instead.

Filters such as moderators who ban people when they disagree with them, you mean?

Not that you actually did ban her, of course.

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    I'm a moderator as well. But it's at a different school. You wouldn't know it.
  • Ric, if you are a moderator why don't you delete the spam fake currency posts which are clearly illegal?
  • Ynnec said:
    Mr Worry said:
    Not saying Ric won the verbal bout. Just that Screams disappeared. But if she was fighting the referee it's a bit of an unfair fight!
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    RicF said:
    Here's a couple of questions.

Is life competitive?
    Does treating life as a competition work?

I ask those questions because I already know the answers. 

RicF said:

Ban of some sort. Otherwise it's some coincidence.

RicF said:
    Evidence of her ban?

RicF said:
    I can't. You need to transgress the rules of the site to the point where what is written can be used against Runners World in a libel action.

Ironically considering this is an American site - that can only occur in the UK as unlike the US it only pays lip service to the concept of free speech. 

It's why news and information from the US seems so inflammatory. It's because you hear all of it without suppression.

It does make you appreciate the wonders of modern technology that you can sit in the warmth and comfort of home and enjoy this kind of thing and no longer have to go to the park and listen to a man with no buttons on his coat shout it out.
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    Mr Worry said:
    Ynnec said:
    Mr Worry said:
    Not saying Ric won the verbal bout. Just that Screams disappeared. But if she was fighting the referee it's a bit of an unfair fight!
    Ric's not a moderator, but it's all academic. Screams delivered the knockout punch before she left: something along the lines of "You're a snide racist cunt".

BOOM!
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Well that stirred things. I was bored.

You're correct on the moderator thing though. I made that up. 

The knock out punch was only a success from the point of an imaginative insult.

However, it was incorrect on the racist thing. 

🙂

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    I see the BBC have booked Jordan Peterson to fulfil their "something for the angry nutters" quota on this weeks Question Time.
  • Hi guys,

I "disappeared" because this place is as dead as a door nail and I can't much be bothered with it now. The fact that there is a lively discussion simply because I posted for the first time in aeons is amusing but kind of proves the point. Social media has moved on and, like many, I've moved with it. 

Besides, what else was there to say? I will never have anything more to say to the person who I notice is still, pathetically, trying to attention-seek in a largely empty room.

I was never banned. Nobody's looking after the site these days, nobody cares. If anyone wants to continue to speculate, well, knock yourselves out but there's really no more to it than that.

I may be back from time to time, I may not. It's (whispers) really not that important. 

• Stop asking us if we "have any issues" and if we "are OK". No, we don't, yes we are. Basically, you have nothing to do. Neither do we. Just tell us what fucking time we can go home. 
  • I am a teacher. Your child is horrible to their parents
  • As you haven't spoken to me for over a year I have no idea what your health is like, least of all criticise you for it. Please stop blaming me if life hasn't turned out better for you.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Rather than having to take all the decorations down tomorrow can't we just set fire to the house and go live in a ditch?
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    ahh typical, barely an inch of snow and schools, colleges and work places close.
    No wonder UK productivity is down
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    I need a good hour in bed in the morning to weigh up the options of killing myself or having breakfast.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    It's good regional news have presenters broadcasting from gritting depots so the deaf know it's cold.
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    I've thought about killing myself due to chronic procrastination but never seem to get around to it.

(From the book 'Jokes that belong in a Rest Home')

🙂

• I'm afraid your chronic lack of organisation brings out the evil in me. Messaging me a full week later than you said you would regarding something we were meant to be doing this Friday was always going to result in me telling you I'd made other plans - even if I hadn't.