Friday 9th November 2018 - If blood will flow when flesh and steel are one

Morning.

Lyrics - If blood will flow when flesh and steel are one

Is the boat cancelled due to bad weather OH? Hope you have found somewhere comfortable to spend your extra night.

I'm not good if I don't get out in the day emzap.

What:            short and easy
Why:             tired and achey
Last hard:     sleeping
Last rest:      14/10
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: a run of some description

Why: depends on work, weather etc.

Wabo: have run for the last 70 days. All easy. And usually short.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Gobi - hearing that, the days of weddings and births have given way to health problems, "C" and funerals, the rich tapestry of life they call it. I call it bollocks. 
    What - resting up, off to Ally Pally tonight to see New Order, frighteningly some 35 years since I first saw them and with two pals who I have known for just as long.
    Why - living life, and its XC tomorrow which I still hope to run...
    last rest - this week
    last hard - shaking off this cold...
    lyric - don't think so

Dunno if anyone else noticed it but yesterday's date was 8 11 18 which is not only the same backwards, but also upside down....the rubbish you can unearth on t'internet

• Morning

Sadly the older we get the morning funerals we go to:-(we just have to make each day count and live life rather than exist.

Dustin: i never noticed to be honest;-)

Benjy: I hope you had a good run and you do lift my moods and make me smile and I love the accent;-) I hope your girl gets seen sooner rather than later:-(

What: 6 miles
    Why: All my body wanted
    Last hard: Sore arm after flu jab/tiredness
    Lyrics:Nope

Slow run so just keeping it short till Sunday and hopefully my jab will kick in and I will be full of beans again;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    WP nice one on 6 miles, my body needs that!!
    Dustin, agree I've heard it called rich tapestry, I more liken it to b*llox lately.  Have a great night tonight!!! Saw prodigy there a couple of years ago
    alehouse, nice streak you have there!!
    LMH enjoy the short and easy, take care

what: only a mile
    why: all I have time for
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16

Off to Wales this afternoon I can't wait.  Erdigg  park run tomorrow morning. Have a slight PF feeling under left foot that I'm nursing at the moment..
    Have a great weekend all, good luck racers

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Gobi: That is a lot to digest, really sorry to hear that, I really hope you can stay positive. You are certainly doing positive inspirational things.
    Welsh: Great result on the 6, hope the flu jab eases up.
    Wabo: Prodigy! Blooming nora that's hardcore. Hope you have a good one tomorrow and the foot doesn't play up.
    Ale: That is a streak if I am not mistaken...
    LMH: Hope the tired and achyness can be fought through. Hope you have a good one.
    OH: That's rubbish, I do hope you get home ok.
    Dustin: Blimey well jello (as the kids say), great band, great venue. Went to see Morrisey there when he had split from the Smiths, it then became a famous gig as Kirsty McColl was support and then suddenly a drunk bloke came out of the audience and joined her on stage and she said "we have a new song together" and it was Fairy Tale in New York. But New Order, my go to listening, 35 years and it never wears out. Thieves Like Us... No, Love Vigilantes... No... Temptation from the 81 EP version, no... 5-8-6... no can't decide a favourite. My brother went to see them in Manchester last year, he said they were fantastic, just like the old days.

After a 7 yesterday, got home and urinated very thick bright blood, hmmm... not a great sign. Got a doctors appointment 4ish today. No blood before or after yesterday, had slight tinted the day before after the gym. Guessing it is associated with my run. Going to go for another 6 or 7 and see if it replicates at lunchtime. Nothing came up in tests for my hernia repair a couple of months ago. Will see.

Speaking of health, my daughter has our local MP in school today, she has a carefully crafted question asking why can't a 10 year old with a suspected hernia not get an appointment at our hospital for an ultrasound test. Two weeks on from GP referall still waiting, phoned appointments they say they don't have any yet, will let us know etc etc. Kids Ibuprofen regularly which isn't good. Plus side, her MRI scan concluded no problem, just let her knee heal.

What: 6 or 7 late morning-ish
    Why: To get out and controlled experiment
    Lyrics: Think so
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

morning all

What: ride and run d&d

Why: easy Friday

Last hard: last weekend

Last rest: the week before

Lyrics: No

Life does indeed go on everyone

I moved south 30 years ago last week, only realised this morning

• Good time to have the cold Dustin, hope you make xc tomorrow without doing yourself any damage. Jealous of your gig going tonight!

Wabo - it's a combination of upping my weights at the gym and needing my B12 jab so just has to be endured for a couple of days.

Glad to hear the MRI was clear Benjy Short lived blood in urine is more often nothing than something, hope it's the case for you.

That'll teach you to have the flu jab Poppy  :)

Hope work and weather are conducive Alehouse.

I'm sure time is passing more quickly the older I get Gobi. Mind you I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.
  • 70 days is great going, ale!

Hope you manage to get home eventually, OH. I do remember Ben Vrackie! Hubby and I were near the top after a decent hike up, a bit tired when a young lad (fell runner type) passed us. We chatted for a bit - it had taken him 45mins to run up where we'd been hiking more like 3 hours :D

Dustin: Forgot to reply to you yesterday. I've bought the updated P&D book for shorter distances called P&L (Pfitzinger + Latter) which has an extra section for "mature" runners :)
    New Order - bloody brilliant!

Wabo: Prodigy! Proper hardcore. I used to live in Braintree, where Keith Flint was born :) My claim to fame.

Benjy: OMG! Scary. Hope just a burst blood vessel and nothing serious.

Poppy: nice running.

Bit deflated here. Colleague has just learned that her mom (who's only 51) is full of cancer. It's spread into her lungs, liver and brain.

Can 2018 please just bugger off and leave us alone? It's been the shittest year in history regarding bad news and illnesses around my friends, colleagues and family :(

What: nothing yet
    Why: see above plus a bit hungover from a work do last night
    Last hard: see above
    Last rest 29/10 and possibly today
    Lyrics: Yes

Yesterday's were Thursday's Child, David Bowie.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭

I agree Chicksta
  • Afternoon!

Many happy returns, Gobi! And roll on 2019 from me, also! 

20-30s was weddings; mid 40s onwards...too many funerals. 

And talking of flu jabs, went to a drop in at GPs this afternoon: for the third time they had run out of vaccine for the under 65s. The helpful receptionist sent me next door to the pharmacy: yes, they had under 65s vaccine...but as I am 65 before next March 31st I have to have the over 65s vaccine, although they were out of stock of this. So back to the GPs. GP rules are different to the pharmacy and I am not eligible for the under 65s jab! Unbelievable! And what a waste of time and energy. 

This morning I tried to make an appointment for a blood test (routine cholesterol). This has to be done at a local hospital now, not the surgery. Tests can only be carried out between 8:30 and 12:30. No use at all to lots of people who are at work during those hours. Am working every morning next week so have had to take time off the following week, so lose a day's pay (I get paid when I work). Frustrating, and there will be many other people in this situation. 

Rants over!

Benjy: many years ago I had similar blood/urine issues. It was said to be march hematuria, probably from long runs with no fluid intake. When I was running 15 to 20 miles on a Sunday it was usually after quite a few beers the night before, and no water as I don't think that had been invented. Nothing to worry about.

Wabo: enjoy Wales, including the parkrun tourism.

What: 20 minutes, well wrapped up against the rain

Why: easy day, not that it felt like it...and escaped with only the lightest of showers.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Is it pizza day today Gobi? If so, happy birthday.

Hangover chicksta? Surely not.

That does suck Alehouse - so much for improving access for those who work.