Saturday 10th November 2018 All over the world you can hear the sound of lovers in love

Morning!

Very quiet!

Lyrics: All over the world you can hear the sound of lovers in love

What: gentle parkrun/helping at XC later

Why: long run (!) and supporting the league.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Home now, boat and barriers were fine.
    parkrun this morning
    Last rest: my own bed last night
    Lyrics no
  • Morning again!

Hope your parkrun went well, OH.

What: parkrun

Why: chance to run with others and an easier way to get a longer run in (6.25k in total). Ran sensibly and wore lots of clothing to remind me not to run too quickly. A progressive run. Good to constantly be passing people. So my tights under shorts, two thermal tops, gloves ran round in a few seconds over 25 minutes. Downside was my Achilles being unhappy in the last half a k.

Bath, a bite to eat then off to xc where I will probably do another couple of Kms.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Fragile by Sting.

Hope the weather holds for you this afternoon Alehouse, it's nice here.

Glad you made it home ok OH.

What:            short and easy/gym
    Why:             keeping the mils down/Mark wants to go
    Last hard:     keeping my hands warm on Grace's walk
    Last rest:      14/10

Lyrics - familiar but I can't name that tune.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Hello all, I've had a quiet week, a bit of training but not much, trying to protect my knee.

Racing today, 4K scottish xc champs.  

Lyrics, very possibly.
  • Enjoy this afternoon, Don! And the knee behaves.
    Getting very dark here...
  • Good luck, Don

LMH: 2 glasses of wine is enough to make me feel hungover these days. That and a distinct lack of sleep.

Hope it stays dry, ale.

What: 7 miles
    Why: have a 20k tomorrow and didn't want to do too much. Although I won't be racing. Plan is a progression run finishing with a couple of k at LT pace. It's a 4 lap course, twisty-turny and half of it is in the woods so not a place for fast times. Part of a winter series that I signed up for. 5 races for under 30 euros. Bargain. No medals, just a friendly atmosphere with tea and waffles at the finish.
    Last hard: yesterday's bad news
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: another yes. I'm on a roll :)
  • 26m23 today at parkrun
  • Had a decent run, started too fast though.  15 mins exactly for the 2.57 mile course so sub 6 pace.  Race was entirely flat, not proper XC.  

Well done on the parkrun OH and Alehouse. 

Good luck in the 20K chicksta, enjoy the progression.
  • Well done Don! Sounds like a decent run.

XC was very dry here, also, with a few track runners taking advantage. Uni girls did very well, winning the senior women and under 20s comps. 

Now off to annual University Sports Dinner with my ex GB team doctor friend. I hope not to have a hangover tomorrow! Head of England Women's Football is the main speaker. 
  • You can't be too crocked if you can run like that Donaldo!

Hope you enjoy dinner Alehouse.

Have a good race chicksta.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Delicately put lmh :-)

So something happier from me. My daughter performed in her last school production last night and played Anne Hathaway (Fantine. DEAD by act 6 as she out it but WOW  her voice has matured. She always sang well (we all did when young even me) but the confidence and power was stunning. People in the room were wowing around us as she sang. Even the local journo made comment :-)

What: watt bike
    Why: rain avoidance 
    Last hard: a couple of uphill miles yesterday.
    Last rest: 31st October
    Lyrics: again a maybe
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Oops it is Sunday