Sunday 11th November 2018 What is it good for?

Morning! Just.

Lyrics: What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing

Yesterday's lyrics were "There's a kind of hush", Herman's Hermits.

Go well, Chick!

Dinner was good, but disappointed that the main speaker cancelled a couple of hours before so a uni contemporary of mine, Mark Palios, former head of the FA, and now owner of Tranmere Rovers, spoke instead. Usually learn something new from the speaker but not sure that I did!

What: probably short and easy plus fitness suite.

Why: ran twice yesterday
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

A late night Alehouse! Shame about the speaker.

Heavy rain forecast here so not sure what I'll do today, with no race for months I'm not going to force myself out for a long run if the weather is foul.

What:         something or nothing
    Why:          weather/motivation
    Last hard:  getting rid of my sore throat
    Last rest:   14/10

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning,

Very wet here but it may dry up by the time I run hopefully.

What: Aberafan prom 10k run
    Why: Raising money for Poppy appeal
    Last hard: Lots and lots
    Lyrics:  Yes!

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    something happier from me. My daughter performed in her last school production last night and played Anne Hathaway (Fantine. DEAD by act 6 as she out it but WOW  her voice has matured. She always sang well (we all did when young even me) but the confidence and power was stunning. People in the room were wowing around us as she sang. Even the local journo made comment :-)

What: watt bike
    Why: rain avoidance 
    Last hard: a couple of uphill miles yesterday.
    Last rest: 31st October
    Lyrics: yes
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Ale: Late night, great on the 6.25
    LMH: Hope conditions favour for you to do what you want
    Welsh: That sounds a great idea, a 10k for today for the fund raising
    Gobi: Lovely to hear, you must be really proud

Yesterday was shattered, caught up with me too much lack of sleep this week, late to bed erly to rise. Had to have a kip in the afternoon. Daughters were singing with school choir at local hospice fund raiser, was intending gym afternoon but slept instead.

Went to doctor Friday, regarding blood in urine, no was answer to an exhaustive list of questions, had severeal different prod and poke examinations, nothing obvious. A sample sent for analysis. Doctor did say it can be common with some runners, so lets not panic, but I was aware of that so am not overly concerned, wait for results.

What: Well not sure, walking girls up to memorial this morning. But might squeeze a simple 3 mile in beforehand, then gym this afternoon. Will have to see.
    Why: Ate cake, slept, drunk booze yesterday.
    Lyrics: Oh yes
  • I can't believe B is old enough to be singing in her last school concert Gobi!

A race Poppy? You kept that quiet.

Sounds as though you needed a rest day Benjy. It's a good idea to listen to your body, at the moment mine is saying 'I don't want to get cold and wet' LOL. Forecast to dry up mid morning so in a change to my usual routine I hope to run later.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LMH- I know, 18 is coming up fast. Memories of that first school sports day seem a very long time ago. 

I have been very lucky.
  • Love your positive news update, Gobi. There's one proud dad :)

Poppy: How did your race go?

Benjy: fingers crossed nothing sinister going on. And that rest day was probably much needed.

LMH: Hope you managed a good run.

Don: well run yesterday. How's the knee?

Race was fine. I seem to have won my age group without trying :) Plan was to do 9/8:30/8 pace and then see what's left in the tank for the last lap. Right at the start I found myself in a large group going at about my Berlin marathon pace. Tried to slow down but couldn't as I was getting in the way of the runners behind me. Felt good and just stuck to that place getting marginally faster. My Garmin showed 8:10 pace for lap 2 and 8:00 for lap 3 so exactly the other way round from the official measurement. Oh, well I still think this can be chalked off as a decent progression run. Final lap was fun as I picked up company. Ran with a triathlon bloke 10 years younger than me and we chatted about the benefits of yoga and cross training. He really pushed me for the last  2 miles so I got my LT finish as planned. Time passes so much quicker when you have someone to run with.

• Afternoon!

Nice, Chick: well done on the age group win and excellent progression!

Well done Gobi Junior: what are the plans next academic year?

Hope Dustin survived the xc. 

What: as per plan above.

Why: as above. Just over 28k for the week. Calf a little niggly: probably worked it too hard in the gym rather than running.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Nice racing chicksta. I had a good run when I eventually got out thanks.

Hope your calf settles quickly Alehouse.
  • Sea swim then gentle jog down to see the Danny Boyle Pages of the Sea sand art for centenary memorial Sunday. Art work was fairly unimpressive and was scarcely started by 4pm, 30 minutes before sunset. Traffic jam down to the beach was more impressive.

Lyrics no

Nice one Chick
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Hi all

Lyrics, yes

Sorry to hear last night didnt go to plan Ale.

Great racing Chicksta

Parkrunning is going well and no issues with 5ks, however more than that is still no ideal, mamanged a solid 10k trg run today but will be interesting next week at Swindon 10k.....

Take care
  • Thanks guys :) Lyrics is a yes, btw.

Muddy legs :blush:

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Check out @gobi_one’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/gobi_one/status/1061637096346140672?s=09

This is the young lady, there is 3mins 30 on my facebook wall