Wednesday 14th November 2018 - I remember all of the things that I thought I wanted to be

Morning.

Lyrics - I remember all of the things that I thought I wanted to be

It's getting the exercises wrong that worries me Alehouse - same with yoga, I'm sure I could do more harm than good. My little gym programme does include three glute exercises though.

What:          short and easy/gym programme
Why:           it's harder doing the gym stuff after a long run
Last hard:   making myself go to the gym isn't easy
Last rest:    14/10

Yesterday's lyrics - Before I Fall To Pieces - Razorlight.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    I should do more gym exercises or pilates or yoga.
    Knee gradually getting better although still don't have a full range of motion

What - Easy lunchtime (s)miles
    Why - because I can, and I came through 5x1km off 20 easy last night unscathed (but slower)
    last rest - Saturday
    last hard - Yesterday
    lyric - possibly
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning

To carry on from yesterday, got out the car limping and was spotted , had to explain it was normal :-)

Trainers in the machine , not for me , dry and a brush off

What: run day , 9.5 d&d a few more later 
    Why: old habits die hard 
    Last hard: a few miles yesterday at effort
    Last rest: 31st October
    Lyrics: probably 
  • Good morning. Last hard: Watching everyone at the club last night! Knee still out of action. Really uncomfortable through the night but eased this morning. Can't even bear the thought of running or of a repeat of last week's post run flare up. Hmmm. No races until January so trying to stay relaxed at the thought of rest and recovery. At least the dog isn't howling :-) Won't train at tkd tonight because that would be silly wouldn't it?
    Lyrics: Nope
    Ale: May have to explore Pilates. Dustin: I'm benchmarking your recovery.
  • Morning

Nothing forced rest day feeling so unwell late yesterday and today think it is a bug that keeps giving rather than going away!!
    So joined those on the bench for a short spell.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    WP take care on that bench, wish you better - Wales was lovely at the weekend 
    SC daughter has been refused a letter to join a gym, she is gutted.  Doc won't do it because of the SVT and the gym had someone collapse with a heart attack a couple of weeks back so fair enough.  Sorry to hear your knee is still keeping you on the bench, yes tkd would most likely be silly??
    dustin glad your knee is easing up
    lmh enjoy the short and easy

Didn't park run in Wales, breakfast which was paid for didn't allow so we ran along the river dee instead, it was lovely
    what: 5 miles later, 1 w/up, 2 x 1.5 at pace, 1 cool down
    why: following a schedule, should be interesting it took me 3 weeks to fully do week 1!
    last hard: last night, 4 miles
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Glad you had a nice weekend Wabo. Which schedule and for what?

Get well soon Poppy.

I'm glad the dog is staying chained up SC, do what you can - some strength and conditioning/flexibility/upper body stuff maybe?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Wabo: That's a bit much. I'd get a second opinion. SVT of itself is manageable in my opinion and should not preclude some form of activity. Who has refused the letter? I'd get a second opinion or new gym. Main recommendation from me would be heart rate monitor and stay in boundaries circa 80% MHR.  Couple of quotes:
     Is Supraventricular Tachycardia Dangerous? In the vast majority of cases SVT is a benign condition. This means that it will not cause sudden death, damage the heart or cause a heart attack. It will not shorten life expectancy.Supraventricular Tachycardia Ablation - Cardiovascular Centre
    www.cardiovascularcentre.com.au/supraventricular-tachycardia-ablation
    SVT is also known as paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) or paroxysmal atrial tachycardia (PAT). People with SVT may go into this arrhythmia from time to time unrelated to exercise, stress or other common causes of a rapid heart rate. For most people, SVT is not dangerous.

The main reason it's an issue for me is because of my expanding aorta so I have to keep HR and BP under control. 

• Ale: I'm with you on the flexibility thing. I was a gymnast as a teenager and really flexible. Then I became very lazy and didn't exercise again until my forties by which point I'd become as stiff as two planks. Regular yoga helps to alleviate this somewhat but I'm nowhere near my young bendy alter ego. Sigh.
    If your doc is happy for you to continue running so am I :)

LMH: If you do yoga gently you can't do anything wrong. That's why I love Adriene's video classes. Her catchphrase is Find What Feels Good.

SC: Brave of you to go to the club knowing you couldn't participate. Guess having good company helps to keep the dog firmly in its kennel.

Poppy: Hope you feel better.

Wabo: Plan sounds good. Sorry to hear about your daughter being refused gym membership. They're probably scared of being sued. Maybe she can sign a waiver? Or try another place ...

Em: Hope you manage to get to your spin class. I miss mine. They've cancelled all morning classes due to low attendance although we regularly had 10-15 people per class. They claim it needs to be 20+ attendees for a class to be viable.

What: 9 miles with 2 lots at LT pace (20 mins and 16 mins)
    Why: Wednesday is tempo day
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: 9/11
    Lyrics: no
  • Afternoon!

Lyrics: no

What: 8.85k in 30 minutes

Why: a-g treadmill at 85%. Hard work, getting up to 4:34 miling at one point! 

The uni gym that I use used to require a medical note from the GP; now you just fill in a disclaimer.

Re Pilates, I'm with Chick and the comment about yoga: do the exercises gently. I aim for as slowly as I can; quick jerky movements seem the ones more likely to do damage. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • 400m swim + track pyramids session
  • Knee isn't too bad, I am managing the pain well.  I'm probably not going to see anyone.  

Club session last night was brutal. 7 x hills up towards Stirling Castle.  Hated the first three, was going to quit - coach accused me of hiding so came out fighting and did the last 4 very strongly.  Amazing what a few harsh words can do! Tough love.

Took my own wee school running club out tonight and did 3 x 6 diagonals of the astro.  I took it easy, good soft surface.  Kids did great.

Lyrics, yes