Thursday 15th November 2018 Get up in the morning, slaving for bread, sir

Morning!

Lyrics: Get up in the morning, slaving for bread, sir

What: short run, fitness suite

Why: being kind to the legs which are tired after yesterday, plus work gets in the way.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Remedy by Adele.

What:            short and easy
    Why:             tired/not shifting this sore throat
    Last hard:     managing in law and kitchen stress
    Last rest:      14/10

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Don - sounds like my kind of session (and my kind of coach).
    Was a bit like that last night with the village group - ~4 minute efforts off 90s so a choice of 600,900 or 1200m. Quite a long session if you include w/u & c/d so I said that anyone pushed for time can stop after 4 (the schedule dictated 5 reps).
    Amazing what a few well chosen words can achieve: all 12 did all 5 reps.

What - U11 coaching
    Why - catching up with minecraft, dance shows and the latest fun zone for kids parties
    Last rest - Saturday
    Last Hard - Tuesday
    Lyric - yes

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Turns out I didn't know the lyrics yesterday 

What: bike day sohiur on the watt bike d&d - PM mtb ride , just fun times 
    Why: no streaks here
    Last hard: little effort on Tuesday
    Last rest: 31st October
    Lyrics: no

82 miles in 15 days, run on 11 of them. Body is holding up quite well.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics yes, like a lot alehouse!! 
    Alehouse enjoy the day
    LMH its a 16 week schedule for Brighton Marathon, sub 4.30.  I am currently just trying to get used to doing any sort of schedule before 16 weeks kicks in.  Being truthful, finding it tough so week one was repeated for 3 weeks and now I am doing week 2, same will happen I think! Enjoy your short and easy and I hope the throat eases up soon, it just drags doesnt it!!
    Dustin sounds a lot of fun!
    SC - the gym she chose has a creche for little one plus was really reasonable.  But the guy the week before actually died of a heart attack so they are being super cautious.  She maybe needs to go back to the doc I guess.  I have passed you message on to her.

So what I have found following this schedule is that I really struggle to do 2 miles in 18 mins, in fact I cannot!! Tempo last night was 1 mile slow, 2 at 9mm and 1 slow.  I did speed up but nowhere near 9mm.  Work in progress I guess.  And all my rest days will be the mile streak saver. Get weight off, keep following this schedule and it will happen I am sure.

WHat: 1 mile, Yoga later and I am very stiff
    why: rest day
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
     WABO - 4. 30 plan , can I put my coaches hat on and ask some questions ?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    please do Gobi

• Lyrics yes :-) 
    Watching Gobi-Wabo exchange with interest
    Don - Ouch
    Have a great day all. Rest in progress :-(
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Thought I'd posted yesterday

Got to spinning. Was good but they show results at the end of the class and I was way down in the standings!

Yesterday did yoga. Interestingly I hadn't seen chick's comment and I found Adrienne. Really enjoyed it but ache today as I haven't done it for nearly 2 years

Today 5 km done in the warm sunshine. Felt good although I've come down with another cold!

Don be careful!
    Wabo sounds like a good plan.
    Ale will read your message in more detail tomorrow when I'm planning on Pilates.
    SC how are you getting on? Hope the black dog is still at bay.

Pub quiz tonight :)

Have a lovely evening all 
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Hiya Wabo

Excuse how this reads, I never get tone right when written down but my views / comments are well meant.

A few things

What is your half pb?
    What is your 5km pb?

From these I run some numbers.

If 9mm is too hard you are on the wrong plan 

Now however is not the time to be on the plan. It is too early mentally and obviously physically if the tempo is too hard(stunned at week 1 tempo really)

It is a 16 week plan so start 16 weeks out after a base period

If you want to prep then just do zone 1 2 3 base work. You can do it organised but you need base to go into a block. Maybe run a few hard 5km efforts to see where you are.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    ooh!
    Right my half pb is 1.52, 5k 23.54.  I must stress though that these were years ago, younger and slimmer.  More recent I have done 27+ for 5k and 2.07 half.
    I am loosely using the plan and only the first 4 weeks for the next few weeks simply to get me more focussed and hopefully I'll start 16 weeks out properly with what seems to be the right plan. 
    The last sentence I don't really know what a zone 1 2 3 base work is sorry Gobi! 
    I love that you have taken the time and welcome any help tbh. 
    Also I chose 4.30 as I have done 4.11 in 2013 and all I want to manage really is GFA 60-64.
  • Afternoon!

I think your time ambition is realistic, Wabo! As Gobi says, try to build a good base before embarking on any plan. We must remember that most plans don't take age into consideration! For what it is worth I believe that the plan needs to be based around the long run and MLR, so you need to be in a position to handle those by the time the plan starts.  Speed will come in time, but am not entirely sure how necessary that is! You want to run a marathon at around 10:15 a mile (I work in ks, so around 6:20 per k): lots of miles in training at a slower pace than that, and some miles faster. On race day you will be fresher, of course, post taper. I actually think that you are experienced enough to write your own programme...the difficult thing is executing it! Progressive consistent consistency!

I sent Emz, and others, links to some Pilates videos. Happy to send to anyone else who is interested.

Training shortly which will involve a head torch on the disused railway line then the fitness suite for stretches and strengthening. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    350m OWS this morning then gentle 3.5 mile run this afternoon
    "Polar Bear" challenge on track
    last hard 3 November
    lyrics no

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    As alehouse says

Target is realistic off current half but your 5km shows you lack any speed hence 9mm was hard. 

Usually early in a plan we would either do a time trial to get speed paces or work on effort rather than pure pace.

Zone1 2 3 are hr efforts for you in mph various work between 10.30 and 12.30 mile pace to build endurance
  • Wabo: Great to have 2 coaches helping you out. Easy does it when base building. Forget speed right now.

Great ow swimming OH (* shivers*).

Em: Glad you found Adriene. She's brilliant. I love the way she makes yoga accessible and inclusive. Interesting about spinning class making the results public. Not sure I'd like that ...

Hope you feel better, LMH.

Dustin/Don: Sometimes it's good to have your ass kicked

What: 11 miles
    Why: nice morning for it
    Last hard: work
    Last rest: 9/11
    Lyrics: no