Sunday 18th November 2018 Well, can you put your hands in your head?

Morning!

Lyrics: Well, can you put your hands in your head?

What: short and easy run plus fitness suite plus helping at local 5k

Why: dreaming of making further progress

Dry, sunny and cool here.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning ale

What: long walk with friends followed by Pilates later
    Why: feeling much better, just a bit drained
    Last hard: another cold!
    Lyrics: no

Have a lovely day all.

Anyone racing?
  • Morning Emz!

If I remember correctly RFJ and OH are racing: go well guys! And anyone else pinning a number on, of course!

re Pilates, are you going to a class or doing your own thing? Remember...slooow!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Get Together by The Carpenters.

What:             LSR
    Why:              Best day to do it this week according to the MET Office
    Last hard:      Bits of that weren't as easy as I'd like them to be
    Last rest:       14/10

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Quiet today.

Beautiful day for running here. -3, sight dusting of frost, brilliant sunshine and no wind. I dreamt of days like this on those hot muggy summer mornings :)

Hope your race went well, RFJ and OH.

Well done on your LSR, LMH.

Peak flow almost back to normal and I've stopped coughing so I wrapped up warm and had a great run.

What: 13 miles progressively
    Why: perfect day
    Last hard: looking at the forecast for the week (cold, wet, windy)
    Last rest: 9/11
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Ale, you do have a good memory :-) Indeed I was racing today.

Firstly parkruns are progressing and got my fastest time since May yesterday with a 21:39.

So on to today, Swindon 10k, a local, flat and fast race, and the simple aim was to do better than Palma (52:59) and see how long the leg holds out for, Palma was just before 4.... today it was just beforer 6.... striuggled with the leg on the last 600m but still managed to edge past the 50m pacers in the last bit.... 49:33 chip time so very happy.... just need to progress with more milage and strengthening.... but getting there.... 

Take care
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Well done rfj! What a great result :)
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Great work RFJ
    Decent day for a run too LmH
    Gobi - no offence taken here either. Maybe I should clarify, my schedule usually includes 100-150m strides sessions once a week (or at least 2 in 3) with the 600s-2k reps coming in the later weeks. 
    A decent speed session certainly keeps things interesting. However when marathon training I'd err towards 5k pace on something like 400s rather than mile pace.

What - 11miles 
    Why - 90 minutes to kill when youngest was swim coaching
    Last Rest - 8 days
    Last hard - today

After the knee trouble (which is still lurking), it's been good to get a decent week in.
    Yesterday was 9 miles with a slow park run in the middle (28:20 - run with a C25K graduate), my first park run of 2018. Today the aim was just a steady 11, ended up averaging sub 8s (just) on a hilly route. Still a bit stiff but streets ahead of 2 weeks ago. Another appointment with QoP a week tomorrow, but just XC between now and the Marathon training stating so hopefully it's all falling into place nicely.
  • Well done, RFJ! Making progress! Can't help wondering whether an easier parkrun yesterday wouldn't have had you struggling in the last 600!

29+k for the week: highest of the year. Onwards and upwards!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh and re Pilates, not done again as we built furniture instead, more than enough of a workout!  When I do it though it'll be at home and I'll take it easy :)
  • I'm glad the niggle is getting better Dustin.

Nice to see progress RFJ.

-3 would be a little cold for me chicksta but I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Good progress Alehouse. Your sensible approach is paying dividends.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Ale, its more the distance at present and each week im getting stronger, so happy with pushing where I can, not neccesarily text book but shows progress.... 5 weeks ago at palma with no running the day before I was struggling at 4m.... but thanks anyway :-)

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: 10km tt anyway- ouch
    Why: where am I
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: 31st October

I'm fat and slow but no niggles and my pacing was spot on for where I am , no blow up and still running hard. It will improve :-)