Monday 19th November 2018 - So far girlfriend, I know your secrets

Morning.

Lyrics - So far girlfriend, I know your secrets

Glad you got a good run in Gobi.

Where's Benjy? He's been AWOL for a few days.

Hope you're managing to keep the dog in the kennel SC.

What:           easy miles
Why:             I can
Last hard:    getting the balance right
Last rest:     14/10
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Hiya, I popped in Saturday night and commented but it was fairly late. Been a busy few days, many ups and downs.

Took my youngest to York for Taekwondo grading for both her and myself, went really well. Got back from York and eldest then admitted to hospital, in at the moment on childrens ward. Stomach pains and fever. It is being investigated currently, waiting to hear. Pleased she is finally being seen, she has had problems for some time now and numerous visits to A&E/GP.

What: Don't know
    Why: Because of above
    Lyrics: You know I think I do
  • Morning!

Hope all goes well with eldest, Benjy

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were "Dreamer", Supertramp.

What: running with M73 friend for part of his run (he's doing 16+k plus hills)

Why: aim to get my longest run of the year in. Doubt it will be double figure kilometres.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

LMH - not sure good is the word :¬)

What: 4 easy miles, stretching and a little vanity d&d - run PM ?

Last hard: yesterday

Last rest: 31st October

Lyrics: I want to say yes but....

There are positives from yesterday, mainly being no issues to worry about today. Ran mechanically sound even if I do have a little DOMS :¬)

• Morning again!

What: 9.11k, largely off road although everywhere is fairly firm at present

Why: longest run since I don't know when. Probably June 2017. Quite cool so well wrapped up...and drizzle for the last 20 minutes. Achilles niggled all the way round. Wonder if it was due to the particular pair of shoes.

Off for blood tests (calcium, cholesterol) and then opticians. A fun-filled day!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    blimey what a friday I had! Spent the afternoon crying in pain, seriously!! Antibiotics kicked in now. Infection in root canal, hopefully tablets work, if not I will have to go back for who knows what.

Alehouse, yes to park run, xctry and fartleks, can do all! Hey nice long run!
    Dustin I am glad you got a good week in, hope knee is getting better
    Gobi, I am way fatter and slower I am sure.  thanks again for your advice, I will target that 5k time now.
    Benjy, poor you!! Hope the eldest gets some answers
    LMH enjoy the easy miles, hope it's not too cold
    emzap Hopefully your cold is gone
    chick good to hear you had a good run sunday!
    RFJ wow good park run!!

What: couple of miles later
    why: still taking care of myself
    last hard: dentist tapping said tooth 
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Benjy - oh sorry to hear, I hope there are positive noises for your eldest
    Wabo - ouch, I feel your pain!

What - probably a trail run in the daylight
    Why - A stunning performance from Notwork Rail: At the station at 5:50am to find every single train cancelled until 'at least 8:30'. So far no train has made it up the line - 12:01 first that hasn't been cancelled...yet... so have had to drop wife at work, drive home, then need to take youngest to college. So plan to drop the car back so the wife can continue working (she does some driving), and then run home (~7 miles) 
    I lose a day's pay or take it as holiday. The ever so helpful SWR staff on the "help" line said "can you not just not go to work"? 
    Just because SWR go on strike every week doesn't mean the rest of us do....

Last Rest - a week ago
    Last Hard - Yesterday was a bit of an effort
  • I must have missed you Benjy. Sorry to hear that your eldest is in hospital, I hope that her problem is resolved during her stay - and that it's a short one.

What a pain in the proverbial Dustin. No warning either? Can you claim compensation?

So nearly double figures Alehouse!

That sounds very painful Wabo, I'm not good with anything dentist related, really hope you're on the mend.

Not the best time of year for fast 10ks though Gobi.

My legs felt surprisingly fresh and I was able to make the most of a not too bad weather day and get an enjoyable MLR in, takes the pressure off the rest of the week.

• Hope all goes well with eldest, Benjy.
    Sold car last night, new one expected in first week of December.
    OW swim so far.
    Usual easy loop this evening.
    Why: It's Monday
    Last hard: GO33
    Last rest 9 November
    No idea on lyrics
  • Afternoon!

Thought of you this morning Dustin when I saw the news from Waterloo that there were over-running engineering works in your area. 

Glad the legs felt fresher, LMH! Mine were still a little tired from Saturday so it took me a good while to get going this morning; some would say I never did! Double figures may come in a couple of weeks as next week will probably be a cut back week.

Wabo: I wouldn't worry about get your 5k time down. It will come down as you get fitter from the longer stuff. I have managed to drop over 3 minutes since August just by being progressively consistently consistent. And have also lost around half a stone, which helps. Can you get a MLR in during the week? parkrun with a couple of ks before and after, or a proper race with the same? Plus LSR on a Sunday? Also, try to make your minimum run 2 miles instead of one; it all helps.

Had to wait an hour for the blood test, despite having an appointment. Went to opticians as have been having trouble with one eye. Very efficient and have somehow scratched the surface of the eye. No contact lenses to be worn until my next appointment in ten days. A bit of a pain as I struggle to run in glasses. Will have to get used to it! And have managed to be rained on three times today, despite the forecast!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse, I had been doing minimum 2, till the tooth struck! So thats done now. MLR on weds is good. Keep trying to do lsr at weekend.  I'll progress with that and see how we go, I'd love to see weight come off, well done to you.  Oh dear what a day you are having!! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Today has been a pain, Wabo...but at least I am not in pain! Hope the tablets work! 
  • Oh dear! So much going on.

Benjy: Hope eldest is alright. Must be nerve-wracking to wait for results ...

Dustin: What a massive pain in the proverbial indeed. "can you not just not go to work". Classic.

Wabo: commiserations. Ouch.

Ale: Hope the eye mends. Agree, running in glasses is a pain. Especially in winter as they steam over so easily!

LMH: Amazing how churn out MLRs after LSRs. My legs would have none of it. Single digit minus temps are fine as long as there's no wind (which is basically never where I live - so yesterday was a freak day which I just had to take advantage of).

What: just yoga
    Why: sticking to my run only 5 days a week routine
    Last hard: Wednesday last week
    Last rest 9/11
    Lyrics: no but I so should have gotten yesterday's. D'oh.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Well lots of domestic admin done, some C-word presents bought, offspring dropped at college (all trains until 2pm cancelled then I stopped looking), car dropped at wife's office, 6 mile trail run completed. 
    I get the day's travel back but I lose a day's holiday - or I could put it down as working from home...
    No warning at all. I've never known this sort of chaos before, a whole day on a network lost with zero contingency cover.
    Whoever does their planning should take an estimate and double it. I feel for the staff having to explain this shambles to customers.

• I'd go for the WFH option Dustin.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LMH- oh I know ,  this was an out of shape benchmark exercise. I didn't go in expecting a good run. There is no annoyance or frustration. Frankly I landed on the edge of my outlier prediction (11 seconds quicker would have been nicer) :-)
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    BENJY - HOPE JNR IS RECOVERING