Options

New Mature Runners Thread

Comments

• Options
    Red, our posts crossed!
  • Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

RF - an age group record whilst still suffering from bronchitis? Sounds like you deserved that celebratory dram :)

Red - no worries as 'life' often gets in the way of chatting via the interweb-thingy from time to time. Sorry to say I've never heard of Ellen but hope you are able to help out.

Damien - I wouldn't bother with the parkrun the day before in case it's tempting to do more than just jog around .. but that's just me.

HS - in Cirencester (where we used to live) the newer coffee shops have affected local cafes who have to fight to survive. One of them has a board outside saying "Come on in, our coffee doesn't COST As much as down the road" :) Our local council seem to be better organised re leaves - they had guys out with leaf blowers moving them onto the road so that a road sweeper lorry nearby was able to immediately collect them up. Well done re your 8ml forest run. I have to confess I've already made the switch to tracksters even though it's not that cold yet.

Lovely weather today and I've recently got back from my 5ml run. A quick shower once I've posted this then a cup of tea while I 'attack' the weekend papers.

• Options
    Well well. Running Fox and Running Vixen (??) (maybe) set an age group record whilst Running Fox is suffering from bronchitis. Well done both of you. 

Aquarius. Commiserations on getting another nursery bug. I swear that they are more virulent than anything from any other source as they must mutate and get stronger along their passage. 

WtnMel: Is in the money "It was spend, spend, spend!" Did you go ahead with swapping round the two rooms?

HS: Some good running there and nice to see you've discovered a new teashop. On Saturday morning this weekend we went a walk round Chiswick. Every other shop is a coffee shop/deli/bar/artisan thingy. People sitting outside in the freezing cold. I think that for a place to do well you do need a high general footfall, like in London. Less densely-populated places must struggle. 

Over the last few days I've been in London and environs where I've been my usual walking machine, looking like a speeded-up clockwork toy. I walk so far all day. It's just wonderfully flat. Saw some music concerts in The City and The Wigmore and an amateur production of HMS Pinafore at The Questors in Ealing. Some first day nerves with some forgotten lines but overall, a real fun performance. The young orchestra were fantastic. The weekend before we saw a production of Henry V at The Northcott in Exeter. It was a touring company so they reduced and doubled-up on parts. The most interesting was combining the Dauphin and the Dauphine, so it was a female part. Shaved head and bovver boots. It worked really well and put a new perspective on the mawkish scenes of the naming of the body parts and the usually excruciating proposal scene at the end. 

In the Independent on Saturday I saw a picture of Jo Pavey running on the coastal path just a few hundred yards from where I live. I see now why I was always listed as only the second-fastest woman in our postcode. I didn't know she lived near us! 

• Options
    Afternoon peeps

Ellen decided to abandon her FKT attempt (no, I didn't know what it meant either - Fastest Known Time!) after 119 miles as her running buddy had dropped at 90 miles due to the very cold conditions overnight and she was starting to dread another cold night so she hopped on the train and headed home.  She's planning to tackle it again when the weather is warmer in Spring so I'll most likely run a stretch with her as the waymarking on the last 31 miles is dreadful in places.

MrFox, I love you and your beautiful lady!  You are the best role models ever :smiley: Big well done to you both xxx

Exhausted, I'm jealous of your visit to the Wigmore Hall as we haven't been there for many years and the last time we saw HMS Pinafore was at the Coliseum - I love Gilbert and Sullivan. Sounds like an interesting take on Henry V - we saw a version of As You Like It, by The Pantaloons, at Smallhythe place a couple of months ago and it was hilarious. I always enjoy a spot of Shakespeare to remind me of all the phrases we use in our everyday language nowadays. 

WtnMel, glad to hear you're keeping up your 5ks.

TE, I'm not surprised you were cold as the wind was bitingly cold yesterday.  I'm in 3/4 length tights now as I was too cold in my shorts on Remembrance day and had to add my waterproof overtrousers to keep warm.

Damian, how did the 5k go?  Did you do Parkrun too?

Just back from giving a talk to a Probus group. I haven't delivered a speech to a group of really elderly gentleman before and I had to think on my feet and amend a lot of my usual material on the hoof.  It seemed to go down well and I've got 2 more invitations to speak as a result which is great.
  • Options
    Hello all. Sorry to hear Aquarius is again down with a cold (I nearly always come back from London with a cold). Many congratulations to Mr and Mrs Running Fox on setting new age group records.
    Moks asked about my local parkrun. There is no local parkrun. The nearest, which started up about this time last year, is Newtown, 30 miles away. I have done it 3 times. Aberystwyth is 46 miles. About 40 miles in the other direction is Ludlow, but I don't fancy that as it doesn't have toilets. Last Saturday I marshalled a 10-mile race and afterwards was chatting to one of the runners, who said he is doing the alphabet in parkruns, and will be going to Poland to do a parkrun beginning with Z. But apparently there is no parkrun anywhere in the world beginning with X, so he'll have to miss X out.
    Red - just a 100-miler for you next year, then? - And the London marathon, of course. And no doubt a few dozen other marathons.
    I have an appointment for a flu jab tomorrow, so I hope they have vaccine in stock. They gave me one against pneumonia a few years ago but I've never been offered jabs against septicemia or meningitis. At the rate they're going, there'll be nothing left for us to die of soon!
  • Options
    Damien NagleDamien Nagle ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Redhead said:

Damien, how did the 5k go?  Did you do Parkrun too?

Its not till this Sunday and I have decided to give the park run a miss.
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

Exhausted, the trend these days seems to be, coffee shops, hairdressers, nail bars charity shops Estate Agents etc. with Banks and pubs closing. We did have a tattoo shop open a while ago in the village, but as expected, it didn't last long.It's a carpet shop now.
    You've had a "very cultured" last few days.

Red, I had to laugh at the thought of Ellen hopping onto a train, after running 119 miles :)
    Well done moderating your speech to make it suitable for very old gentlemen. You never know though, they might have been right ravers in their younger days.  

Damien, I didn't mean to click the lol emoji.

Columba, I hope that you were able to have your flu jab today!

Yesterday, I ran the Solent Half Marathon Race route again, with the two Sarah's and Alice. We ran the first half more or less together, and then Alice and I "broke away." We were really pushing the pace, and almost racing each other. Really enjoyed it, and my fitness is returning.
    Another good spin session this morning. We ended with 9 minutes hill work with 65 rpm's at the highest gear we could manage to  still achieve that. Quite punishing after yesterdays long run.
    I will take a rest day tomorrow, as I have my annual NHS Health Check in the afternoon, and don't want to attend with a raised heart rate.
  • Options
    Yesterday, went out for a walk. It was hard and fairly dry underfoot so I went the very steep path down to the beach, followed by the vertical (almost) cliff climb back to the footpath. It's that time of year when you think "No-one can be out doing this. It's so cold." Then you unexpectedly meet someone seeking the same type of solitude. 

Gosh. HS. Pushing the pace with younger runners. Your fitness is not just returning. It's there!

Red: Sorry that Ellen didn't get the support to go on.  I expect whoever sat near her on the train didn't know that she'd just run 119 miles. I can't imagine what it must have been like running in the middle of the night in such cold temperatures. The Wigmore Concert was The Parker Quartet. Their Ravel String Quartet in F was stunning. We went straight on to grandson's birthday party so we had to hurry our sherry. We are also great fans of G&S. Exeter University has a great production every year and has the benefit of lots of young members. Sadly, other G&S societies really struggle getting younger members. 

Columba: I think your friend can cheat a little with a park run in (E)xeter. 
    http://www.parkrun.org.uk/exeterriverside/

• Options
    Flu jab as promised - the surgery hadn't run out of vaccine. In Wales - and apparently in Scotland too - they add an "immune booster"to the vaccine for Older Age Groups. A few hours after I'd had it, I developed a sort of instant cold, sneezing coughing, runny nose. Suspect it was my immune system rolling up its sleeves and getting to work. Didn't stop me going to the "spin" class, though.
  • Options
    I have set my ideas out for the race on Sunday,Last year I came 55th so I am going to try and start near the front 8 rows and then I will be aiming for 5 min per km or faster.
    Ideally I want to beat 25mins which I got there last year.
  • Options
    My Rt eye is just beginning to clear after another of those dreaded triamcinolone injections.  No running for a day or two or I'd be bumping into cows, falling over sheep, tripping over matchsticks, or whatever. 
    So I went down town to do some shopping.  Then remembered I'd a cheque to pay in at the bank after which a call of nature necessitated a visit to the loos in Queensgate market.
    While I was in the market I decided to have my hair cut.  "I'll make you look 20 years younger" the hairdresser said, and I thought, that'll be nice because I already look 20 years younger so that'll make 40 altogether.
    Leaving the market looking a youthful 46 year old I happened to be passing Superdrug and decided to have a flu jab.  "Just fill this form in and I'll be with you shortly" the pharmacist said.  So I filled in the form and waited, and waited until, when she finally came to give me the jab my bus was due and I'd run out of time to do any shopping.
    And that's why I'm fasting until tomorrow....
  • Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

Exhausted - the plan for swapping around the two bedrooms appears to be on the back burner now ;) Nice to find out you have a famous athlete as a near neighbour (have always had a soft spot for Jo - she always comes across as genuine and modest about her abilities). This time of year I wear my fleece-lined walking trousers if I out walking (when it's really cold I'll have my thermals handy which we got for our Northern Lights cruise). Great idea suggesting the (E)xeter parkrun for Columba's friend.

Red - shame about Ellen having to abandon her record attempt. I have a double album by Todd Rundgren which includes a track that is a homage to his music teacher who liked G&S. The song is called 'Knut The Viking' and it's done in the D'oyly Carte style (I am a Viking of some note, Knut's my name and here I float, Off to sea in a great big boat and I'm the one who bangs the drum in time ..). BTW I'm keeping up the (cough, cough ..) 5 MILE runs :)

Columba - it is a shame there's no parkrun nearby. Mine is just down the road a few miles but I don't get there very often.

HS - well done re that training run with the Sarah's and Alice and your spin session.

I didn't get to my club run this morning - the roads were one long traffic jam. It all seemed to be due to an event of some sort going on at Cheltenham racecourse and the roundabout by the entrance was gridlocked and nothing was moving. I gave up, turned around and drove back home and had a run around town instead.

• Options
    Bon Jour, Blooming freezing , just below - night time and about +5  in the day.
    Trying to do some plastering at the mo .not very good at it am afraid ,but I ain't paying anyone ,so needs must .
    Running a  Local11K trail race Saturday afternoon 8 euros.                              The word is do not go into town as the "Yellow shirts " are blocking the petrol stations this weekend.

Running Fox, I always grow a beard through the winter and have the same comments, Shave it off it makes you look old ! Well I am oldish, so there !
    Damien , go for it Fella, if you fail at least you tried, nothing worse than not trying 

Strange day I keep thinking it's Friday !

• Options
    Morning all,

It's cold and damp and I'm glad I'm not running today. Just 5 miles short now of 1000 miles.
    Ran 6.1 miles on roads yesterday, a bit of a fartlek workout. It was bitterly cold when I set off, but I soon warmed up.
    I haven't been tempted by Black Friday, as I think it is a big con.
  • Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Morning all, 

Just done a short recovery done in grotty weather - drizzly, foggy and just grotty but thankfully no wind.  Glad I ran the marathon down at Samphire Hoe yesterday rather than today as it was a glorious and warm day with bright sunshine and the gentlest of breezes I've ever experienced down by the Channel! Ran the first half at my proposed VLM pace then just pottered the second half and managed a 15 minute course pb coming in at 5:15. Happy girlie :smiley:

There's a series of 11 marathons starting yesterday at different locations but I can't plan ahead atm as a close friend has sadly passed away, suddenly and unexpectedly, and we're waiting to hear when the funeral will be.

TE, you'll pass the 100 mark tomorrow then.  Well done on your ever-increasing fitness xxx

Moks we had -6 the other morning and it was indeed a shock to the system! Good luck with your trail race today.

WtnMel, glad you managed your run.

Mr Fox, hope you haven't fainted from lack of sustenance!!! Looking sharp for a 46 yo ;-)

Good luck Damian!

Columba, hope the sniffles have subsided.

Have a lovely weekend everyone, whatever you're doing.
  • Options
    Mokshaeight: Yippee. You can enjoy two Fridays.

WtnMel: I always get confused between Todd Rundgren and Nils Lofgren. Probably because they've both got Swedish sounding names with the same number of syllables. Rundgren did I Saw The Light, didn't he? Nils Lofgren played piano on After The Goldrush. Well done on keeping up the 5 mile runs.

Running Fox: The pharmacist obviously discounted you as a young snowflake whippersnapper.

Mr Exhausted looked up from his spreadsheets yesterday morning and asked me when I was going to make my running comeback? I've got to take my car in for MOT and a full service on Monday so I might run back. It's uphill for 3 miles but never mind. 

We had our fingers poised to click on a hotel for a long weekend in March in London. Then an envelope dropped through the door. £65 fine for Mr Exhausted for being stuck in a box junction in West London last weekend when the traffic situation completely changed in front of him. Apparently thousands of hapless drivers have been fined at this notorious spot and it even merited an article in The Times last week. So, we just shut down the website. We won't boost their local economy by spending in their hotels, shops, charity shops, coffee shops, local theatres etc. We'll stay at home instead. That's my Black Friday story. 
  • Options
    Morning all,

Red, fantastic marathon time, a 15 minute course pb is very impressive, well done :)
    Sorry to hear about the death of a close friend.
    Thanks, yes I passed the 1000 mile mark yesterday. You have probably exceeded 2000! xx

Exhausted, I'm sure that your car will pass its MoT, as after they have serviced it, they are not going to fail it!
    Very bad news for Mr Exhausted being fined for being stuck in a box junction, when it wasn't his fault. I just wonder what percentage of all these fines go towards maintaining and improving the roads.

Ran 6.1 miles on roads yesterday in heavy rain. I've started to introduce some speed work now into my training runs, and did several 2 minute efforts. It's bright and sunny today, which is typical on a non running day. 
  • Options
    p.s. Red.Very well done on your PB. I forgot to mention it.

I'm dreading this run back from the garage tomorrow in the same way one might dread an exam.

I've just been reading an article in one of yesterday's weekend papers on how to combat age. It asked various "celebs" on their tips for looking youthful. All were pictured in evening dress plastered in make-up and after a couple of hours with the hairdresser. None were pictured first thing in the morning putting the bins out. There seemed to be alot of pill-popping, dubious supplements and even more dubious exercise routines and nothing useful like housework, gardening and DIY. The thing we laughed at most, the elephant in the room, is that they all (whispers behind hand) dyed their hair. 

Mr E and I decided that nothing keeps us younger than venting our indignation at fatuous articles in the weekend supplements!
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

I was due to go to my doctor’s this morning for my pneumococcal jab (rescheduled from a couple of weeks ago as stocks had run out). Surprise surprise I got a phone call an hour before my appointment today to say they had no stock of the vaccine and had no idea when they’d get any more. Would I like to keep ringing them to see if they get any in? I can understand stocks of medicines/vaccines etc running low, but I cannot understand how you get to a position of having none at all then have to ring around cancelling appointments. Don’t they have a stock monitoring system? Ok, rant over.

On the subject of jabs of the flu variety Columba, like you I was told that this year’s flu vaccine for patients over 65 should “kick start” the immune system and hopefully work better than in previous years. Also, like you, I went down with a cold a couple of days after receiving my jab, which at the time I thought was caught from a train journey but as my symptoms were the same as yours perhaps it was due to the flu jab? Anyway I hope you’re feeling better now and managed your spin session without having to keep blowing your nose too much!

Exhausted - how did your run back from the garage go? I hope it wasn’t as bad as you were anticipating. Sorry to hear of your aborted March weekend break, really bad luck.

Running fox, belated congratulations to you both on setting new age group records. You’ll have to go back when your bronchitis has fully gone and see if you can improve on that time. ;) That eye injection sounds dire, do you need to have them very often?

Moks - how’s the plastering going? That’s quite a skill to have, and doubtless great cross training! How did your trail run go (I heard about the “yellow shirts” on the BBC news)?

HS - considering your knee problem, which has curtailed your running quite a bit over the last year, it’s a real achievement to rack up 1000 miles. Huge congratulations.

Red - well done on your course pb at Samphire Hoe, that’s quite a bit to knock off your previous best. Sorry to hear of the death of your friend, it’s always more of a shock when it’s sudden and unexpected.

WtnMel - another 5 MILE run? You’re certainly getting in some consistent running lately. 

I’ve been feeling a bit guilty lately because my cold meant I had to pull out of a relay race last Saturday, which left the club with an incomplete team. So as the sniffles etc seem to be improving a little I thought I’d try a slow short jog this morning, it was only 2 miles, and nothing to write home about as they say, but still it was better than nothing. 
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

I'm in paperwork hell and need a break! No running today but will tomorrow.

Exhausted, did you manage to haul your carcass back from the garage? I bet you did and in a fast time 'cos you're a natural runner! Sorry to hear MrE got caught in a box as I know how difficult it can be and I don't blame you for being annoyed. LOL at the celebs giving advice about how to combat age and the dyeing of hair - I will be dyeing mine until my arthritic old hands can't mix the henna any more and then Mike will have to do it! Btw, you'll like this - in my formative years as a young Banker (apologies for using such a dirty word) I was told that as a redhead I had little chance of succeeding (yes, really) and so I spent all my time having blond highlights to soften my natural red (and I did succeed!).  When I left the Bank for a change of career, the first thing did was go back to being a REDhead :smile:

Aquarius, how frustrating re your jab. Hope your cold is on the way out so you get back to runnign with your club.

TE, well done you on 1000 miles so far; that's brilliant xxx ps I'm just shy of 1900 miles atm.
  • Options
    Yes. I ran back from the garage after dropping off my car. I enlarged the route to make it worthwhile getting my gear on so I ran about 8-ish miles. My pace was dictated by the faster I run the faster I get home. The tide was up which is always dramatic.  We have a flock of about 12 ringed plovers that have taken up residence at a particular spot on the seafront and the town's population have sort of adopted them and feed them. They hung on to their summer plumage for quite a while but now look decidedly winterish. I love their call and those white wing bars when in flight.

When my car was ready I walked down to get it (about 4 miles).

Interesting, Red about the hair colour folklore. One thing that is interesting now is that whenever I walk around the City I never see women with grey hair. They must banish them once they "come out." 

Aquarius. I hope you're well enough to take your place in team events again.

HS: Speedwork. Go it!
  • Options
    Redhead glad you use Henna, here there is a cancer warning on all hair dyes which you don't see in the UK, wonder why !!
    Aquarius, the mess I make while attempting to plaster is unbelievable, 2 coats on and 1 more to tidy it up.

Trail race was fun middle of the field again, last 2 miles ( I still train and run in miles) had a head to head with another old git, afterwards we shook hands and laughed about it, nice atmosphere in the club house drinking free coffee 
  • Options
    Feeling better now after that nasty bronchitis.  Heart rate is back down to 49 and Fitness Age down to 65 - according to TomTom.  With the exception of that Parkrun on 17th (which I shouldn't have run) this morning's run was my first since Nov 2nd and it felt wonderful to be out again, even in the fog. 
    Aquarius: My eye injections are every 2-3 months depending on results of regular scans.  They are indeed dire, a bit like looking into a kaleidoscope when the corticosteroid crystals come flowing in.
    Exhausted: It's good to know you actually hear and take notice of wildlife and other things going on around you and don't just run.  Such things keep me motivated.
    Redhead: I once considered dying my hair and beard but at 86 the thought has long since passed and no longer care what I look like. Well, not since my hairdresser made me look 20 years younger!
    Hillstrider:  Congratulations on clocking up 1,000 miles with still a few weeks to go before the end of the year.  I've run a mere 435 - but with 44,604ft of ascent (362 this morning).   Must try harder!
    Moks: Another old git?  How dare you?  Actually, I've reached a stage where there are no more 'old gits' to compete with in my neck of the woods so no point in racing any more.  I can relax now and just run for fun.  Or even stay in bed if it's raining!
    Happy running everyone......
  • Options
    I came 41st out of 130 with a time of 24.44.
    I ran a rather good race so it was a good day.
    Next up is Sunday with the Fleetwood 10k and I am going to pace this one from start to finish.
  • Options
    Damien: Good luck in that Fleetwood 10K.  It's a flat, fast course.  After that good performance last week you'll be aiming for sub 50 mins?
  • Options
    Afternoon all, feeling very Zen after a long session of yoga. Glad I'm not running today as the weather is very wet and windy.

Well done Damian and good luck with your 10k. Defo sub 50.

Moks, I love the sort of event where 2 'old gits' can have a conversation towards the end whilst pretending not to be racing eyeballs out :wink:

MrFox, you will never fit into the mould for your age sweetheart :smiley:

Exhausted, LOL at the banishing of old-looking ladies from the City! We had a lovely walk around Rye Harbour nature reserve last week and there were lots of migrants arriving.
  • Options
    Thanks for the encouragement with the targets for the 10k but I have been getting in between 53-56 mins.
    Time will tell..fingers crossed 
  • Options
    Evening all,

I'm all behind with my posting and have a lot of catching up to do. Please forgive me if I don't cover everything.

Aquarius, that's dreadful the flu jabs not being available, and you having to keep ringing up to see when they are. Tks for congrats. on the 1000 miles.

Red, tks for the congrats. and well done to you, probably having passed 2000 miles now.

Exhausted, Well done for your 8 mile run and 4 mile walk. I will try to maintain some speed work in my training.

Moks, kudos for attempting plastering, it's something I would never consider. I can remember many years ago, a plasterer whose name was, I think, Max Quartermain, who became a millionaire because he carried an extra large hod carrier which enable him to do more plastering than anyone else.

Mr Foxx, thanks for the congrats. but your 44,604 feet of ascent is more impressive.

Damien, Well done for your 5k time and hope you go sub 50 minutes in your 10k.

I've been quite active these last 3 days. I ran 10 miles in the forest with the two Sarah's on Monday and attended spin classes yesterday and today. Today's was the toughest yet, and my legs were really feeling it. We over ran the session time, keeping the next class of school boys waiting to come in. The class was nearly full, only a couple of vacant bikes, and the Instructor congratulated us all at the finish for working so hard. No pain no gain is "certainly worth its weight in gold!" :#
  • Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all. Like Hillstrider, I'm playing catch-up ..

Mok - my experience of plastering was many years ago when I was doing up my first house and had no money. The first few lots of plaster fell back off the wall but I managed to get to grips with it eventually. At the Ridgeway Run a couple of years ago I was in a 'sprint finish' with two other old gits and when I look back at the photos I can see everyone having a chuckle at us. As far as I know, a local plasterer here in Cheltenham is still working - Michael Edwards aka. Eddie The Eagle!

HS - I agree about Black Friday being a big con. Designed to relieve gullible punters of their hard-earned cash by persuading them to buy things they 'need' (like an even bigger tv perhaps ..) because it's a 'bargain'. Well done passing the 1000 mile mark and re-introducing speed work.

Red - well done re your course PB at Samphire. Sorry to hear about you losing your close friend. Chuckled about you having to 'hide' the fact you were a redhead in your previous life in the city.

Exhausted - yes, Todd Rundgren did "I Saw The Light". I see the MOT/Service run came to fruition - trying to remember if I've seen any ringed plovers when I've been on the coast (normally seems to be oyster catchers we see). That's a bugger about Mr Exhausted getting a £65 fine. Here in Cheltenham they've recently closed a town centre road that was very well used (aka. Boots Corner). Only buses, taxis and cyclists are allowed to use it - Joe Public gets a £65 fine if he uses it (and the signage is rubbish so lots of visitors have fallen foul of it). Gah - I detest anything to do with 'celebs' (often of the z-list variety) full of dubious 'advice'.

Aquarius - don't blame you ranting about your doctor's surgery being so disorganised.

RF - glad to hear you're feeling better after that bronchitis.

Damien - well done re your 24.44 finish time and good luck with Sunday's Fleetwood 10K.

I went out on Tue and like HS tried to introduce a bit more speed than usual. Luckily, despite the additional effort I didn't 'conk out' before the end of my run. 

I didn't go to this morning's club run. They were doing a 'different' route that ended up at an art gallery a mile and a bit from the start. I either run or go to an art gallery - not both combined. And I couldn't see the point of finishing somewhere different to where I started. So I did a run in the wind and rain near where I live instead.

Small things - I'm pleased as with today's run, I've just managed my highest monthly mileage this year (59 mls). I checked on Fetch and this year, a paltry 358 miles for me - with a total ascent of 4282 metres (approx 13000 feet in old money?).

I was unusually organised earlier - got a replacement bathroom pull-switch which I'll fit on Saturday, bought the xmas tree (as ordered by Margaret!), organised an eye test (not been done for two years) and got my flu jab on the way back to the car.

Tomorrow things will be back to 'normal' as I'll be spending around 4 hours playing golf :-) Think I may have mentioned I've treated myself to some new clubs (ordered, awaiting delivery). I got a new bag when I ordered the new clubs and a couple of days ago, went out and got a new trolley as well. This new equipment better make me a better player ;-) LOL
  • Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭
    Just popped back but no-one else has been here ..

So may as well take the opportunity to mention I beat my mate at golf yesterday :) I was 15 shots ahead at one point but eventually finished beating him by 9 shots. Can't help hoping I can carry on playing better to make things more 'interesting'. And possibly even better once I have my new clubs ..