Wednesday 21st November 2018 Strolling along country roads with my baby

Morning!

Lyrics: Strolling along country roads with my baby 

What: short run

Why: easy day/sensible head. Hopefully avoid the rain, which I managed to do yesterday, running-wise

Hope you have some good news Benjy.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Benjy, hope all is well with jnr. 

Breaking rules on run day Wednesday here

What: hour on the watt bike d&d. Run PM
    Why: recovery
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: 31st October
    Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LmH - I say late, I mean finish at 5 (I normally leave by 4 on training days - I do start at 7:30)
    What - Steady at lunchtime
    Why - recovery of sorts
    last rest - 10 days
    last hard - I suppose yesterday - did 7 in pretty horrible conditions, not helped by vans on the Highway spraying water all over me - I wasn't wet enough already. Averaged 7:45s, not speedy per se, but quicker than normal for an easy bimble.
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Winter Is All Over You by First Aid Kit. Probably more appropriate for today - it's cold out there!

Glad you managed to get a run in Dustin though it doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun.

Hope you can stay dry again Alehouse - no rain forecast here.

Is that because you don't usually run on a Wednesday Gobi?

Thinking of Benjy and family too.

What:          either short and easy or a MLR
    Why:           have the time but don't 'need' the miles so will see how I feel when I'm out
    Last hard:   staying warm could be hard
    Last rest:    14/10

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Opposite LMH- Wednesday is usually double run day
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics oh yes, love love love
    lmh enjoy the run whatever distance its cold but looks lovely!
    Gobi busy busy

Loved the run with my mate last night, slow 3.6 miles, rain rain rain but great company
    What: tai chi d&d, min 2 mile run later
    why:  why not
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hiya chaps thanks for your good wishes. Daughter is out of hospital now, had a great number of tests blood, ultrasound, etc, it wasn't suspected hernia as originally thought, but all descends from her netball fall knee injury in a way. It would appear she is very sensitive to ibuprofen and had caused stomach inflamation, ibuprofen was taken according to the advice given no more than that, but she reacted bad to it over time it would seem. This is the belief at this stage. She is on Omezoprazole very high dosage 40mg to reduce stomach acid (most adults take 15mg). Has had a rapid effect from pain going from 9.5 out of 10 to 3 to 4. Just is quite fatigued at the moment so off school, but chirpy now. Her temprature reached 39.6 with a fever on Sunday. Very lucky this has been determined as she would be waiting until Dec 27th for ultrasound for suspected hernia and then the following weeks of review etc.

Hopefully back to normality.

What: 7 or 8 miler after lunchtime
    Why: Really need to stretch legs
    Lyrics: Aye
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Glad you have answers and your daughter home benjy 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Good news Benjy. Hopefully she'll soon be 100%.

It took me about 7 miles to warm up Wabo but once I did it was nice.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Benjy: Reassuring to hear that jr is on the mend

LMH: Brave to go out there. Glad you enjoyed it nevertheless.

Dustin: I hate running along the main road in the rain. Vans and lorries are the worst. They seem to enjoy speeding up and hitting the deepest puddles for maximal nuisance.

Wabo: it makes such a difference to run with company, doesn't it. Well done braving the elements.

What: longest run ever on a treadmill (10 miles)
    Why: wasn't brave enough to face the cold wind but wanted to stick to my schedule
    Last hard: today was terminally boring
    Last rest: 9/11
    Lyrics: no

• Afternoon!

I can imagine you singing these lyrics with your mate last night, Wabo! I avoided the rain today except for a few icy spots as I was finishing.

Better news, Benjy!

Never managed to warm up on my short run, partly because of the cold and lack of gloves but mainly as I was going so slowly; calf a little tender, probably from too much work on the leg press machine yesterday evening.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Good news Benjy.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear daughter is on the mend Ben

What: just over 4 km
    Why: the village my dad lives in has no street lights so chose a sensible route. Even with a headtorch had to be careful
    Last hard: Monday at club. 4x600. Leg still not right.
    Lyrics: nope

Have a lovely evening all