Friday 23rd November 2018 Once I believed that when love came to me

Morning!

Lyrics: Once I believed that when love came to me
It would come with rockets, bells and poetry

What: short/medium run

Why: depends if my calf is feeling better than yesterday

Benjy: hope things are getting better for your daughter. Back to school next week? Will take her mind off things!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Wabo - thanks, knee improving but still a bit 'clicky'
    What = Steady lunchtime
    Why - I'd go mad if I didn't escape the lunacy in here 
    Last Rest - 13 days. yesterday was just a couple of ks with the kids though
    Last Hard - Tuesday
    lyric not sure
  • Morning.

Talking of going mad I started the thread today - in the Spring Marathons section - doh.

Glad your knee is getting better Dustin.

Hope you're doing ok SC.

Will you decide once you're running Alehouse?

Not quite as cold as yesterday here which is good.

What:           probably short and easy
    Why:            I don't need to be doing more than that
    Last hard:    not running more miles because I can
    Last rest:     14/10

Lyrics - familiar.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

Benjy - looks like all is improving and that is great

Ale - patience

Dustin - a bit clicky ......

What: 10 miles d&d felt really smooth today which is good. No after effects from last weekends fat lad 10km.

Bike PM

Why: rebuilding for 2019

Last hard: Sunday

Last rest: 31st October

Lyrics: Nah

I have scanned the forum a bit and is it just me or is it much less active than it used to be ?

• Afternoon!

Yes, the forum is indeed rather quiet these days, Gobi. I understand that RW have closed the American forum due to lack of traffic which is essential for their advertising.

What: short run

Why: decided to run short after the first k as calf is not quite right. Gobi is doubly correct: patience...and rebuilding for 2019. Is ending up being a lighter week which is no bad thing after a reasonable last ten weeks or so. Just when I thought it's getting better though!

Anyone racing this weekend? Wabo: race/parkrun or LSR...or just two out of three! Is the tooth ok?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Gobi: My sub 3:30 thread is a WhatsApp group now and I guess lots of people have moved on to Facebook, Twitter etc. (other social media are available). I think it's just a matter of time until they shut down this forum I guess. Which would be a shame.

Today is bouncy day it seems. My run felt loads better than anything I've done lately too.

Ale: You're doing great. Here's to 2019 :)

LMH: Not having to do loads is a nice period in training. We all need lighter weeks every now and again.

Dustin: Hope you managed to escape the lunacy. There's lots of madness going on at work for me too. But this week is nearly over. Yay!

What: 11 miles
    Why: rebuilding speed for 2019
    Last hard: work shit
    Last rest: 9/11
    Lyrics: no

Yesterday's was Cut and Run, Slaves. Hilarious video. Can't beat a bit of mickey taking :)

• Gobi: Great on the 10, it is looking at improving which is a result, thanks
    Chicksta: I think you are right there, I think the curtain will fall on the forum sometime not too distant. 11 miler is something to be pleased with, cracking.
    Ale: Wise move there
    Dustin: Good sign if improving, clicky knee (or any joint) is frustrating though
    LMH: Hope you got out today

What: Gym in half an hour
    Why: Busy day to day, meetings out early
    Lyrics: Hmmm... let me think... no

• Definitely quieter but not necessarily any the worse for that in some aspects I'd say Gobi.

I hope the forum doesn't disappear as I don't have a smart phone or do social media, FB etc. I'd miss you all  :)

Funnily enough this week is going to be one of my highest since my holiday chicksta - I'm having a rest day (or at least a day not running) next week though as I'm off to the GFS.

Hope your calf appreciates your care and feels better tomorrow Alehouse.
    I did thanks Benjy - it's a rare day that I don't. Enjoy the gym.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • OW swim (with seals), short run (3.3miles) and yoga
    That's how the day panned out.
    last hard: balancing and bending (yoga)
    last rest: yesterday
    lyrics - no idea

If RW forum closes, then there are other resources such as FetchEveryone to continue on.
  • Yes, I notice a lot of familiar names on Fetch, OH. And just back from territory familiar to you! Hope all is well.

Re lyrics, surprised no-one has posted a yes ..and there were a couple of hints!
  • Intigued by clues Ale, re-read to see but still no, will not Google it would be like opening Christmas presents on Christmas Eve. Damn! i said Christmas and it is November, Damn! I said it again.

LMH: Contingency plan maybe needs thinking? Not seen Fetch but you know things don't necessarily evolve... just change.