Saturday 24th November 2018 - You ask me to give up the hand of the girl I love

Morning.

Lyrics - You ask me to give up the hand of the girl I love

I'm on Fetch but don't find it as comfortable as here and don't use it as much.

Forecast to be a bit warmer today which will be nice.

What:               short and easy/gym
Why:                that's a standard Saturday
Last hard:        staying warm
Last rest:         14/10
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

I'm also registered on Fetch but have never used it.

Yesterday's lyrics were Mama Cass with "It's Getting Better".

Don't know today's.

What: unsure. The aim is at least 5k.

Why: depends on calf.

Back later.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning again!

What: 5.8k including parkrun in around 24:30

Why: long run! Pleased with that as it was on one of the slower courses and calf held up. Will have to see how that and the Achilles are later. Beautiful day although a little chilly. Tights, two long sleeved tops, gloves so kept nicely warm. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ale: It's getting better! I can't believe I didn't get it! Great news on the long run.
    LMH: Good combo

What: 7 miler lunchtime, nice and steady down to beach and up through town.
    Why: Oppurtunity knocks
    Lyrics: Nope
  • Very quiet today. Had everyone moved on to Fetch a already?

Spent the day in town shopping. Exhausted now but I got everything I wanted. No running but all the walking surely counts as cross training?

Good parkrunning, ale. Not sure I could move that fast in so many layers ;)

Hope it warms up where you are, LMH. Still cold here. Tomorrow looks like I'll get wet :(

Lyrics is a no from me.
  • It was noticeably milder today chicksta - no frost and no frozen puddles.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I have been on fetch since the start and use that far more than here but am limited on both.

What: 7 MILES easy
    Why: ticking over
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: 31st October
    Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    I think I went on Fetch for about a week when it started, but this was a busier place back then, so didn't feel the need to be in two places.

What - 9 easy on road
    Why - Trail running tomorrow
    Last Rest - 2 weeks
    Last Hard - Tuesday

• parkrun marshalling followed by 6.5 mile run. 540m OW starlit swim this evening with luminescent marine life.
    And why not.
    Last rest: Thursday
    Last hard:balancing and bending (yoga)
    Lyrics no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Sorry, hectic week.
    Parkrun this morning. Was in memory of a regular at our parkrun who sadly died whilst out running last week. 
    Felt like I was going really fast giving it my all but was 27:11... Not sure what's going on with me at the mo
    Leg is pretty sore now too (though that may be worse die to the 4 hours of driving I did after).

Have a lovely evening all

• Hello all.  Got my knee x-rayed on Tuesday, get the results on 4th December.  Have rested all week but it’s no better, no worse, so raced the East District XC league today.  5.1 miles, slower than usual.  Constant dull ache before, during and after so at least I didn’t make it worse.  Daft decision but no races for a while now so will rest anew.