Sunday 25th November 2018-In the day we sweat it out on the streets of a runaway American dream

Morning

I do not like Fetch and do not use it I much prefer RW so I hope we do not lose the forum!

What: 5.61 miles
Why: Because I can
Last hard: Stomach flu

Lyrics: In the day we sweat it out on the streets of a runaway American dream 
ALF: Always a little further
Miles makes smiles.
Progression

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: indeed

What: short run/longer fitness suite

Why: ran harder than planned yesterday
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Afternoon,

good day yesterday, with a wet and muddy parkrun at Andover and only 11 secs slower than last week :-) Then on to the football.

Need to read back ref the fetch comments, the only time I use RW now is on this forum, but only reay use fetch for the trg log and races...

5.5m this morning too

Hope all are well
  • Afternoon.

Yesterday's lyrics - You Better Move On by The Hollies.

Sorry to hear that you're still crock Donaldo. I doubt an x-ray will show anything but guess it's probably the next step. Hope you're fixed soon.

Any improvement in your calf Alehouse?

Good to see you running Poppy.

Is your foot any better RFJ?

What:           LSR
    Why:            why not
    Last hard:    I try not to do hard
    Last rest:     14/10

Lyrics - of course.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon!

Calf was not very happy on my short run today, LMH. Was fine in the fitness suite earlier though: wonder if I worked it too hard. And it was fine yesterday post-parkrun.  Balancing act! About to foam roller it. 

A good day yesterday, RFJ!

Don: I, also, was going to say that I didn't think an x-ray would show up much. I would try to insist on a scan. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: Wyre Forest go tri duathlon

2.5km 6km(more like 7) 2.5km

Wyre Forest is tough 

Considering all the running my run legs were dire  but 5th in after a controlled descent and steady climb.

Into bike and stunned to see 2 of first 3 out on CX bikes.(concerned) left in 4th. Caught first CX bike quickly and the chap in 2nd on an mtb not much later and then set off after the leader. I caught him in the muddiest bit but failed to get a gap. Sat up and let him pass me on a false flat so I avoided giving him any more help. First part of climb I rode next to him and said advantage you on the cx: bike(fire trail 1.5mile climb). He just wheezed so I took my chance and kicked hard to get a gap. It work and I was well clear in t2.

Ran solidly again but at the bottom of the long descent I could hear him coming. He must have nailed the descent bit style. With the climbs to come and him besting me on the first run I felt lime the hare and it seemed like time but as the road headed up I was too strong for him and help on for a good win.

I probably shouldn't be at these but I needed an off-road effort and frankly at least 6 of us had done this before .

There was no cruising.2nd run HR was 172 avg which is zone 5!!!

Why: needed a workout
    Last hard: above
    Last rest: 31st October
    Lyrics: no

• Nice, Gobi, nice!
  • What bike were you riding then Gobi? I guess you don't think second should have been at a Go Tri event either?

Hope you can find the right balance Alehouse.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.