Friday 30th November 2018 - I want a guy who's tough but sweet

Morning.

Lyrics - I want a guy who's tough but sweet

I had a bit of a rough night last night with my cough making itself known and my throat is sore this morning but as I'm off to the Good Food Show today I shall probably have a non run day though Mark wants to go to the gym this afternoon so it probably won't be a total day off and I expect to walk a few miles.

What:           probably just the gym
Why:            not running for the sake of it
Last hard:    being sensible isn't always easy
Last rest:     27/11

Yesterday's lyrics - Reap The Wild Wind by Ultravox.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Beat me to it again, LMH! At least I knew my lyrics!

And ditto to the rough night and cough making itself known. Peak flow down so going to try to get a doctor's appointment. Working this morning, unfortunately. 

What: short and easy run 

Why: open up the airways.

Enjoy the show LMH.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LmH - enjoy the show, but don't over indulge!
    What - easy lunchtime
    Why -escape the lunacy
    last rest - 20 days
    last hard - Tuesdays tempo
    lyric - yes

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭

Morning

I feel ok but still don't know the lyrics

What: 8miles d&d ??? PM

Why: it's Friday

Last hard: Sunday

Last rest: 31st October

Lyrics: No

Contract extension at work confirmed yesterday.

Now to put down a good December after this rather relaxed November

• Morning,

Enjoy the GFS today LMH:-)

Ditto I had a bad night coughing and wheezing  peakflow is down no surprise reallyI  am feeling a little below normal.So hoping an  easy day today will help.November has been a pretty awful month so I am looking forward to new month tomorrow;-)

What 1 mile
    Why: Asthma played up so came home
    Last hard: this morning
    lyrics:Yes...I am on a roll;-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • LMH: Hope you enjoy the show, sounds good, sorry to hear you had a rough night, rest would do good.
    Ale/Welsh: Sorry to hear you chaps are suffering also.
    Gobi: Result on the 8 done already, tiptop, good news on the contract.
    Dustin: Yep escape is needed! By the way one of my mates saw the other day went to the New Order gig at Ally Pally, having seen them many times over the decades he said it was like the 'old days' and an excellent gig.

Been mega-busy this week, pushed pillar to post, running has been suffering because of it, 6 is my minimum, which to some people is a lot and to some not a lot, but that is my usual marker as a mimum, Tues only managed because of time 5.5 and yesterday had ultrasound so managed 3 run there and 3 run back. Really feel like a damn good run. Don't think I will get chance today might just have to be mimimum marker.

Had ultrasound (blood in urine follow up) bladder, kidneys, and the bits and bobs exclusive to blokes. Everything checked out ok, so will discuss in follow up appointment.

What: 6 mile run, but would prefer 8 if possible
    Why: Need to get out
    Lyrics: It's a ten from Ben

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    lmh have a good day, sorry about your bad night!
    Alehouse and you too, and Poppy!! Wish you all well
    Gobi, good news re contract.  Like you I need to up the ante in December
    Benjy, glad tests came back ok, hope all is ok in follow up.  6 would be a LSR for me...

WHat: something later
    why: alarm issues this morning has put me all out
    last hard: yesterday am, oh and last nights Yoga, my hips are so tight!!!
    last rest: 31/12/16
    Said to my daughter I struggle with that pidgeon pose and a couple of others as my hips are so tight, is that a good thing she said??? Hell no said I!!

Racing at Colchester  tomorrow, heaven help me
    Have a good weekend all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Apologies I went missing, guys. I completely forgot to post last Sunday and then I've been bogged down at work since Monday. It will be hell between now and Christmas but I've been doing this shit for 8 years now so I should be used to it :)

Sorry to hear you're unwell, LMH, ale and Poppy. Enjoy the GFS, LMH

Congrats on contract renewal Gobi.

Hope the follow up gives some answers, Benjy. 6 miles is a good distance.

good luck, wabo! Stick with yoga. Hips will open up eventually.

So, despite work being an absolute pain I managed 9 miles on Monday, 11.5 on Tuesday, 10 (with LT intervals) on Wednesday, an hour of yoga yesterday and 8 miles today. Quite pleased with that.

Have a good weekend, all.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Evening!

Good to see you Chick...and a decent few days' training.
    Sounds like god news for both Gobi  and Benjy.

What: a couple of gentle ks plus walk breaks

Why: taking it very easy

Not long back from surgery: antibiotics and steroids for what would in the past have probably have been called bronchitis; worst area is in the back. Peak flow was 320 when tested; recently have been as high as 550. The nurse knows I run so when asked she said a small amount of gentle exercise may well help. Going to have a very easy week I suspect, which is a pain as this week has already been gentle because of the niggly calf and Achilles. Definitely no parkrun tomorrow! 
    May be speculation but I had my flu jab last Friday and haven't felt great since; the nurse reports several other similar cases.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Glad you're ok chicksta and pleased to hear Gobi and Benjy's good news.

Sorry you're crock Poppy and Alehouse, my cough is asthmatic too and peak flow down but fortunately only a little. My nurse head knows that the flu jab shouldn't make you ill Alehouse but the one year I had it I was ill after and I've never had it since.

Hope you have a good race tomorrow Wabo and that the lunchtime run kept you sane Dustin.

GFS wasn't great for gluten free this time but still a nice day out. Mark decided that he didn't want to got to the gym when we arrived home but I was feeling the need for some fresh air having been inside much of the day so went out for a short and easy run instead.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Thanks all

Ran a bit gymed a bit and biked a bit this evening

I think I do know the lyrics