Snowdonia Marathon 2019

Entries open in 4 minutes, so time to start the new forum!

Comments

• 2 minutes to go and the Snowdonia Marathon website has just crashed :neutral: 

• I'm in! Can't wait. This will be my 4th coaster. New Snodders-you are in for a treat! Best marathon in the world!
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Mc Hilly.

After a lot of pausing and site crashing and refreshing it does appear that I am in!

No facility to put the name to go on our bib so T Rex won't be on mine.
  • After much panic... page refreshing and industrial language.. I'm in. I noticed it was full at about 7:20
  • Wow - 20 minutes to full, that was quick...… For anyone who didn't make it, don't panic! past experience is that it's always been possible to get transfer places nearer the time
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    No 'ticket' emailed yet, though.
  • And I'm not in......Yet. 
    If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    20 minutes?  That's a record.
  • Lots of angry people on Facebook. My page froze.. I then got confirmation on the Web page. Same as you T rex though I haven't had anything via email to confirm. 
  • Phew, the annual bunfight successful again:) If you go to the etchrock site and click on your name, it will tell you if you have a place. I haven't had an email but it shows my entry on the site.
  • Thanks for launching the 2019 thread McHilly.

Sat there at 7.00am, card at the ready, then the website went down! The panic was, thankfully, short lived and managed to bag a place without too much hassle. Be nice if there was a pre entry window for all the regular supporters of the race - it would help with the blood pressure! The email confirmation was hiding in the junk folder so they have been sent. 

• I've decided not to enter the best marathon in the country next year.
    I fancy a crack at an ultra which is the week before SNOD...might be a bit hurty to do an Ultra and Snowdonia in the space of a week.

Good luck everyone (getting an entry & in the race) I'll be keeping an eye on the forum page & will be back soon.
  • Only just remembered to log on to enter but missed a place by 9 hours. Never sold out this fast has it?

Theres always dozens of places swapping hands later so not too worried
  • So training starts today, well for Manchester in April.

And all good plans start with a rest day.....

Though I was beasted this morning at xfit. Muscles are still shaking and I finished at 7am!
  • Will wait and see about SNoD 2019. Did recce for L100 in Nov and failed to finish! Think SNOD was still in my legs. Anyway joined gym now on programme to strengthen my legs. Best wishes to everyone for a wonderful blessed Christmas.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hi all
    If anyone has a place this year and for any reason cannot do it, I'm looking for one. Thanks, I've done it and had to drop out of Brighton so I'm thinking maybe to do this again 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Sorry, Wabo.  I hope to be there myself, all being well.
    I've had pain in my right knee for nearly two years and haven't been able to shake it off and in recent weeks the left knee has developed exactly the same symptoms.  I'm waiting for results of x-rays and possibly will have scans, but GP thinks it is osteoarthritis :'(
    This means I am going to have make some serious decisions about my running.
    That said I do have some outrageous plans for SNOD 2019, perhaps for the last time.
    Something I do need is somewhere to stay.  Haven't been able to find anywhere since I started looking in November.  If any of you have accommodation with a spare bed or even a sofa I would be really grateful if you got in touch.

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    The thread is rather quiet so far.  How are we all?  Any amazing races planned?  What are people up to?
  • ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭
    Morning Mr T. My aim this year is to do all the races on our clubs Grand Prix list, and record at least a bronze standard for a time, probably a Parkrun at Selby. Hopefully that will keep me running rather than my normal not doing so! My last long run will be York marathon the weekend before.
    My wife was having similar issues last summer (And was a nightmare to live with being restricted on what she could do!). She eventually went to a doctor, had MRI and diagnosed with arthritis. Doctor said don't do anything, physio said do what doesn't hurt. She's back to running 5/10k's, which is as far as she ever wanted to go anyway, and walking up the odd hill. Does get issues occasionally when she's pushed it. 
    Best wishes to you. What ever the diagnosis, you know you'll try to find the edges of what you're capable of within acceptable physical & pain tolerance, otherwise you may be a nightmare to live with too....😉

But don't break yourself.
  • Glad to see there is life in the old thread :)

Sorry to hear about your knees TR. Hope the scans show you a way forward. Look forward to hearing about these plans for SNOD19.

Good luck with the Grand Prix Chimney.

My aim this year is to knock of the final 6 marathons/ultras to earn the 100 vest - first of which is Worcester marathon in May. Decided my 100th will be at my local 24hr race (Joust 24 on 31st Aug) so focus is on building the miles to do that justice. In a moment of madness I signed up for the Arc of Attrition next Feb (only the fun run 50 miler this time but might brave the full one day). 

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Happy to join properly now I have a place!!!
    This will be number 3, I have been told you should only do it once, huh!
    TR sorry to hear about your knees :-(
    CHimney good luck with the GP
    Hi LG I like greyhounds!
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Good going, Chimney.
    Great you're reaching that target, the LG!!  SNOD marathoners are gradually getting their 100 vests.  My brother's #100 will be at Abingdon this year, 6 days before SNOD.  I said I'd run it with him and for me and I think that will be my last road marathon, so rather poignant.  (SNOD doesn't count - it has offroad sections.)
    Well, I didn't quite manage the quad in 2018 so, just like in the pole vault, I'm going to pass at that distance and go on to the next one ...
    BUT, the official marathon will be #2 - big mistake making it #4

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Got round the Taunton marathon on Sunday in 4:17, which was 2 minutes slower than my target but 3 1/4 hours faster than SNOD 2018!!  My brother beat me by 14 minutes.
    Knees grumbling a bit and I've done something strange to my little toes - hardly anything to see but the pain is immense.
    What are other folks up to??
  • ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭
    Good Evening TR

Found out last night I'm way out of running in the Peak fit. Shouldn't really be upset with 9:06 per mile over 7 miles & 850' of ascent. 

Though taking 30 seconds off my 5k PB on Saturday (21:39 on an undulating trail course) may have taken more out of me than I realised.

Keep meaning to get back into training, and then my body throws a result like that out. Go figure eh?

My brother will never beat me, the most exercise he gets is getting out of bed....😉

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chimney nice pb! I have 4 brothers none of which can beat me either...
    Trex, hope your knees and toes are ok
    I was due to do Brighton on Sunday but had to drop to 10k, so that is what I am up to
  • Hi Guys. Training for Lakeland 100 going to plan so far. Not too many injuries to date except major fall on latest recce coming down Sail Pass. Took a tumble and bruised ribs on my water bottle, just about sorted now.  Must try and stay on my feet in July!  Happy running everybody.
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    My youngest son says any more falls from me and I'm off to the nursing home.
  • No racing for me so far this year. Work sent me for a ‘well man’ medical MOT and turned out the ECG wasn’t normal.
    Enlarged left ventricle, bradycardia and mild heart block. After a couple of months of appointments and tests turns out that it’s caused by running. GP has said to crack on and get running again so need to make some plans.