Berlin Marathon 2019

Comments

• Hill1Hill1 ✭✭✭
    Still not heard anything so I'm beginning to feel like it's not going to be good news!
  • Momo21Momo21 ✭✭✭
    Big congrats to those that got in! 🙂 I’m trying my best to wait patiently! 
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I've burnt almost a 100% phone battery refreshing yahoo....
  • Momo21Momo21 ✭✭✭
    It’s a no for us! Just glad to know either way - would be climbing the walls if I had to wait until 3rd Dec. And may go travel partner route now. Good luck to everyone still waiting 😊
  • I didn't get in. Anyone been with a travel partner before? Looks like 2:09 events, running crazy and Swinley travel are the official UK partners on the Berlin site. Although sports tours international seem to also be selling trips. Any advice appreciated.
  • > @Justin Haines said:
    > I didn't get in. Anyone been with a travel partner before? Looks like 2:09 events, running crazy and Swinley travel are the official UK partners on the Berlin site. Although sports tours international seem to also be selling trips. Any advice appreciated.

Have heard good things about 2:09 events in particular, and having a look at their pricing for different hotels it doesn't seem like an unreasonable option, particularly as you have guaranteed entry.
  • No luck for me. My bank balance is breathing a sigh of relief, even if I'm disappointed.
  • I entered on a whim my wife and myself as a team, got the Congratulations email this past Thursday. Now waiting for the fees to hit my CC.
  • Momo21Momo21 ✭✭✭
    We’ve just booked with 2:09 events. Super excited! 😃
  • MandMMandM ✭✭✭
    Momo21 said:

A friend of mine wants to join me, what sort of damadge should he expact from 2:09?
  • Momo21Momo21 ✭✭✭
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/MandM">MandM</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText"><blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Momo21">Momo21</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">We’ve just booked with 2:09 events. Super excited! 😃</div>
    </blockquote>
    <div>
    </div><div>A friend of mine wants to join me, what sort of damadge should he expact from 2:09?
    </div></div>
    </blockquote>
    We’re paying £578 each for 3 nights in their 4* hotel including race entry. He could also stay 2 nights for £478. 
  • @Momo21 how did you decide between 2:09 events and crazy running? I'm trying to weigh up the differences between the two. Crazy running don't name their hotel,but it is just 800 yards from the hotel. They also give you a lift from the airport. But otherwise not sure how to call it between them. Looking at a two night deal for two people.
  • Hill1Hill1 ✭✭✭
    Booo, it was a no for me, will be keeping my fingers crossed for Chicago now!
  • Momo21Momo21 ✭✭✭
    @Justin Haines 2:09 events are local to us and we’ve taken part in the half marathon they organise which was very good. Other local runners have also recommended them. I didn’t look at Running Crazy so don’t know how they compare, but I don’t think I’d like not knowing which hotel it was before booking. I looked are Sports Tour International and although they had some cheaper hotels the reviews for the hotels weren’t great and location wasn’t as good. We’ve visited Berlin before and know it’s super easy to get from the airport to the centre for about €3 so airport transfer didn't seem essential. 
  • Hey everyone. Newbie here. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the charity tickets that are supposedly released on the 5th?

Has anyone gone for these before?
  • Hello! Has anyone that has been successful in the ballot been charged yet? I still haven't seen any money being taken from my account so getting quite worried!
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Reece, I haven't been charged yet and I'm also getting worried.  It's a credit card I've used before when paying for stuff in Euros, so I'm hoping there's no problem!
  • > @Big_G said:
    > Reece, I haven't been charged yet and I'm also getting worried.  It's a credit card I've used before when paying for stuff in Euros, so I'm hoping there's no problem!

I read a similar thread on here from 2016 with people saying they weren't charged till nearly a week after the ballot and I've seen my name on the participant list on the website so that's eased the worry a little! I've messaged them to make sure my payment details are correct so I guess that's all I can do!
  • Nothing taken from my account either. However, the fact that everyone seems to be in the same position and my name on the participants list has allayed the slight concern. It does say that payment will be taken from 3rd onwards.
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    I hadn't previously checked the entry list, but having seen the previous posts I just have, and my name is also on the list.
  • I suppose this is a bit like 'taper madness' but in reverse.
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Bob, yeah - I'm rarely so willing to see money get removed from my account!
  • Just had a message and they're still charging people today!
  • Hill1Hill1 ✭✭✭
    Sacha1986 said:
    Hey everyone. Newbie here. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the charity tickets that are supposedly released on the 5th?

Has anyone gone for these before?
    Hi Sacha, I'll be going for one of these, there are 1000 released apparently and I think they sell at about €190, first come first served basis though so I imagine they're quite hard to grab!! 
  • > @reece_runs said:
    > Hello! Has anyone that has been successful in the ballot been charged yet? I still haven't seen any money being taken from my account so getting quite worried!

Same here, glad bobdidmadrid mentioned the participants list as I was also getting worried. My problem is I can’t remember which credit card I used 😁
  • MandMMandM ✭✭✭
    Momo21 said:
    MandM said:

Momo21 said:

A friend of mine wants to join me, what sort of damadge should he expact from 2:09?

We’re paying £578 each for 3 nights in their 4* hotel including race entry. He could also stay 2 nights for £478. 

Thanks mate
  • MandMMandM ✭✭✭

I have not been charged yet but got a new CC delivered last month as the old CC expired, wonder what will happen when they make an attempt to make a charge using the old expired card!!

• Hi MandM. There is a procedure to follow in this situation - it is outlined on the Berlin Marathon Facebook page.
  • MandMMandM ✭✭✭
    Thanks mate, could you please copy and paste the procedure here as, believe it or not, i dont have FB page.