Thursday 6th December 2018 - You had me hooked again from the minute you sat down

Morning.

Lyrics - You had me hooked again from the minute you sat down

I have a mystery injury acquired, I think, at the gym yesterday though I have no real idea of how I did it. The very top of my left calf, where it inserts behind the knee is sore to the touch and stiffened up overnight. I was walking like spot the dog first thing. No bruising to be seen and it seems to be easing as I move so I'm hoping that by the time I've walked Grace it will be ok to run on.

What:           hopefully short and easy
Why:            see above
Last hard:    not knowing if I'll be able to run
Last rest:      27/11
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

Hope your niggle goes as quickly as it came, LMH

What: something short and easy

Why: time/calf niggle also/weather (looks like I might get soaked again)

Thursday evening is usually a fitness suite session but off to a friend's book launch of her 28th novel. Have already read and enjoyed it as I get an advance copy each time. 

Looks like OH may get blown off Orkney over the next 48 hours: forecast looks dire.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning,

LMH I hope the niggle does not stop you running.

I ran yesterday but no time to post 6.5 miles time seems to be in short supply this time of year.

What: 7.5 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: the weather
    Lyrics no

I saw a poster for a new film in cinema Aquaman more like Aqua runner with all the rain we have had!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • A bit dreich today and due to get a tad windy tomorrow.

What: choose a different cooker (no longer possible to get programmable  calor gas cooker due to new regulations)
    Possibly swim after lunch. 
    May not run as scuffed bit on instep, tough session at track last night and cr@p weather.
    Last hard: track
    Last rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: no

Hope knee issue does not persist LMH

Enjoy the book launch, AH ...
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning all

LMH- 2020 dictates a chunk of the 2019 season. You see the problem:-) 

I hope that calf is OK.

I guess to Benjy I'm new here, you just get used to my training habits they are volume based and Im a cyclist first.

What: hour on the watt bike d&d pm is a run or more watt
    Why: because you gotta have base
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: 31st October
    Lyrics: familiar 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Santa alehouse! Enjoy the short and easy, and have a good evening, how cool!
    LMH hope that mystery doesnt come to anything and you run!
    Gobi nice training, I am trying to build base now, good advice
    WP good miles as always!

I did 5 miles last night all by myself, and it did take nearly an hour as I had feared! Never mind, hour running is good

what: 2 miles d&d, yoga later
    why: its thursday
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have a good day all, can't believe how close my two year streak is!!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    LMH: Another mystery injury (like Dustin's post yesterday), gutter and frustrating, hope it sorts itself soon. Regarding your comment to Chicksta yesterday some employers expecting 5 days output in 4 days work. At the college I worked at for many years, they did that, would make people programme leaders (head up a course) but do it in 3 days working, it still required the same of admin, assessment, project brief writing and additional pastoral care/speaking to parents as would be done in 5 days. The irony is to reduce costs many of us were effectively made redundant from a full-time contract to a part-time contract to facilitate this and save costs. As a result the vast majority of us walked out the door.
    Ale: Good news on the eyes, reminds me I must get mine checked, in the last 18 months I've gone from reading labels a few inches away to arms length. 28th novel, that is some furious scribbling.
    Welsh: Top mileage! Is Aquaman a film? Myself and my girls had a stubborn debate with a poster for it at the pool on Tuesday, I said it was a film, they said it was swimming pool promotion. Right if it is a film I get to win last bakewell tart, fingers crossed.
    OH: You're crackers getting in that sea, good luck and brace yourself.
    Gobi: That's some training, hoping you are getting enough food
    Wabo: You don't normally do up to 5 do you? An hour is good, are you trying to do it faster for any specific reason or just getting frustrated it is not a lower time, so long as you want to and enjoy it doesn't matter how long.

What: 6 or 7 with Jeremy Vine at lunchtime. Not sure to go up cinder track to Hayburn Wyke pub direction, bit solitary though or go right to beach North Bay, been doing that a bit too often really I will wear the pavement out. Or could head to the forest instead, see if I can see the elusive black cat... it does exist! it does exist!
    Why: Get out, 'werkin
    Lyrics: Bloody Nora, no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Benjy, I have entered Brighton so I am looking to get a longer weekend and mid week run in. The thing about the slowness is I am so much slower these days so it gets me down sometime.  But I know that will come down as the weight shifts, see I said as the weight shifts.  I am being good!! Enjoy your Jeremy vine 6 or 7.  Whatever route it sounds lovely
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Benjy- it is a film !

It is December, my eating is out stripping my training ergo I am getting fat
  • Benjy-It is indeed a film so you win that Bakewell tart:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Hope you enjoyed the Bakewell Benjy:-)

Book launch sounds like a nice way to spend the evening Alehouse. What genre?

Pain about the cooker OH. What have you done to your instep?

I do see the problem Gobi. Any closer to an answer?

I find my pace always go as I build mileage Wabo but it should come back.

Nice miles Poppy. We are certainly having some weather lately.

Still no idea what's going on with my calf but it seems better for being kept moving and was fine on Grace's walk so I ran - fortunately with no issues.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • I'm lost guys ... what's it with bakewell tarts and films? 

Hope you niggle is short-lived, LMH.

Ale: 28th novel, blimey! That's some output. Enjoy. 

Understand your concerns about 5 day work crammed into 4 but I usually have stuff that needs dealing with straight away and can't wait till the next day. So, if work crops up on the Monday the other guys will have to deal with it. Simples :)

What: 9 miles with strides and hill sprints
    Why: plan said so
    Last hard: sleeping
    Last rest: 9/11
    Lyrics: familiar

Yesterday's were 21 Pilots, Stressed out
  • Evening!

LMH: www.kateellis.co.uk
    Most of her books are in the Wesley Peterson series where crime and archaeology/history have interwoven themes. These are based in Devon (for Dartmouth read Tradmouth). Another short series is the Joe Plantagent crime series based in York, whilst tonight's is a second crime novel in a trilogy based in North Derbyshire/Cheshire. 

Short run completed in the dark with head-torch, in the drizzle. Quite spooky!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.