Friday 7th December 2018 Nice girls not the one with the defects

Morning!

Lyrics: Nice girls not the one with the defects
Cellophane shrink-wrapped so correct

What: short and easy

Why: this week's plan due to illness, weather, calf etc

Enjoyed yesterday's book launch and learning about how the book was created in terms of location and a new detective character.
 Was actually Kate's 29th book, not 28th. 

And it is raining again.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Troublemaker by Olly Murs.

They sound like the sort of thing I'd like to read Alehouse. I was woken by the sound of the rain on the window at 0400hrs. It's due to start drying up by 1000hrs though and I have time to wait it out and hope today so will probably do that unless the forecast changes.

That sounds good chicksta, a real extra day off. Three day weekends are nice. You need to read Benjy's post to understand the Bakewell/film thing.

What:            short and easy
    Why:             I want to
    Last hard:     I find the winter hard
    Last rest:      27/11

Lyrics - I think I should but I don't.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning 

LMH - may do everything and try to qualify across the board

What: hour easy on the treadmill d&d
    Why: easy like Friday morning
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: October 31st
    Lyrics: no 

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics, oh yes, love this
    LMH interesting about pace and upping miles, my shorter ones seem to be getting a bit better that makes sense. Enjoy the short and easy.
    Alehouse enjoy yours as well, I am making an eggless cake tomorrow, so late I know...
    Gobi, up and at em

what: 20 pressups, run, then a walk with son later
    why: short run as I have another race tomorrow, muddy by the looks!
    last hard: yesterday am, and yoga last night
    last r est: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning,

Wabo : Good luck tomorrow!!

What: 8.2 miles
    Why: Because I can/building up
    Last hard: The wet weather I may need  a boat
    Lyrics: Not a scooby Doo
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

WABO - Always :¬)

Go hard, compete and go home content in the knowledge that you put it all out there when it mattered

• Poppy: You're back to good mileage again

Wabo: Enjoy the mud and the race

LMH: Hope the rain stopped and you managed to get out. I must have skim-read Benjy's post on my phone last night so the film/bakewell reference didn't register.

So tired this morning I very nearly didn't get up. Every night I hope to get a bit of decent kip, but every night it's the same. I wake up at 1 or 2 and that's it then. Sigh. Plan was to do intervals but my heart (and body) weren't up for it. I tried but failed quite miserably.

What: VO2 max. sesh
    Why: Plan said so
    Last hard: that was. My HR never moved out of the LT zone. Must be my body telling me something
    Last rest: 9/11
    Lyrics: no clue
  • Not sleeping sucks chicksta and there's no point in making yourself feel worse by trying to run a session, get yourself out for some easy miles when you feel like that and do the sessions when you feel better. I was able to wait until the rain had passed today though it was colder and windier out than I thought.

Which race tomorrow Wabo?

Building up nicely Poppy.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon!

Lyrics: there was a clue!

Sunny when I set off for my short run; two minutes later and it was raining.

Race well, Wabo, and anyone else pinning a number on or parkrunning. Hope that includes Emz!

Sleep well tonight, Chick!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.