Sunday 9th December 2018 ...wet day

Morning...just!

Lyrics:...wet day
She's there, I say
Please share my umbrella

Well done on the 100, Emz! And yes, was at a very soggy South Manchester. 

Interesting evening! The venue hired for the Alehouse Christmas dinner cancelled at lunchtime, saying that they were double-booked. Last minute plans meant that a function room at a curry house was booked...with strictly no alcohol. And slow service. Three of us left before the end to lubricate our throats in a nearby pub. And then a long wait at the bus stop in the pouring rain. 

Hope your race went well, Wabo! I won't mention Spurs. 

Great position, OH...and I don't mean the yoga!

What: probably short and easy plus fitness suite to work the Achilles.

Why: Achilles and calf niggled this evening. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - The Storm by Big Country.

Name and shame Alehouse that's appalling.

Another rough night here not helped by the wind and rain. A change to the usual routine today too as we are off to a xmas market after walking Grace so my run will be later - hopefully it will be dry and less windy by then.

What:           easy miles
    Why:            I feel better when I do
    Last hard:    sleeping and shaking this annoying cough
    Last rest:     27/11

Lyrics - I think I do.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Appropriate lyrics, ale.

What a shambles re. family dinner !

Rough night for me too, LMH. Rain was lashing, wind was howling and blowing things about. I managed a few good hours kip between 4 and 8 am though 👍

What: 6 miles dodging showers
    Why: sanity
    Last hard: dodging showers
    Last rest: 9/11
    Lyrics: yes
  • Meant to congratulate Em on parkrun # 100. That's a great achievement.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

poor show ref the dinner by all accounts Ale.

OK not been around for a while, was back in Germany last weekend for the Christmas markets near where we used to l;ive in Cologne.... great family time and some good runs with Miss and Mrs RFJ.

Now firmly on the bench, but not through injury but operation on my hand (duprytons conjecture) so not allowed to run as risk of infection and falling.... hopefully back onit once dressing is re done after Tuesday.... hoping that the rest will also sort me out with the leg too.....

Didnt stop me doing the LIRF course yesterday with a couple of others from club...... however looks like the usual committee issues are starting to rise again..... ho... hum.....

Take care all - off to look for some local 5m -10k races to get me in the mood for next year...
  • I believe birthday wishes are due to OH - hope you're having a good one.

Hope you heal well RFJ.

It sounds as though you did better than me on the sleep front chicksta but I had the weather for my run, by the time I got out it was dry and bright.
  • Afternoon!

Fitness suite and run completed. 

RFJ: hope hand heals as planned! 

Chick: not Alehouse family meal but Team Alehouse meal! Alehouse (Acadmicals for full) is the touring team name I devised in 1976 for the uni cross country team. Around 40 of us last night; less than usual as I suspect some cried off with the change of plan, or in one case didn't know and wondered where everyone was until too late. 

Nice day here, if a little blustery. Winter may start in the next couple of days though!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon All
    Ale - that is shocking. Are they offering you anything for their error?
    RFJ - well done on the course, and good luck with the op.

Been a bit awol, and been a bit hectic
    Friday impromptu day off at the spa with Mrs D. Managed 9 trail miles through some gloopy woodlands and sodden fields. Then made full use of hottubs, saunas and steam rooms plus an afternoon nap by the pool.
    Saturday started with 12 steady road miles, then C-word shopping. 
    Spent the afternoon wrapping and checking what else we need (very little by the looks of it). Evening was Mrs D's works 'do'. Christmas dinner, a few pints of IPA and showed off all my best dance moves (*I don't have any). 
    Today was go and collect #2 daughter's first car (Toyota Yaris) and then 10*100s on the track while she was swim coaching. Just got back from her first 'dad' lesson, and I lived to tell the tale. 

Apparently I said I'd put the Christmas tree up this weekend. Strikes me as two weeks too early but anything to keep the peace...
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: polyfillering, sample paints on wall, now off for a Christmas lights walk.
    Why: miserable this morning so indoor jobs, needs to be dark for the lights walk
    Last hard: parkrun wasn't easy despite time
    Lyrics: nope

Ale shocking re dinner
    Dustin our tree went up yesterday. Although still early for c word stuff, good to get the most out of the tree
    OH happy birthday!

Have a lovely evening all
  • Evening!

Indeed...happy birthday, OH!

re dinner, the Uni treasurer and secretary booked it and have a receipt for the deposit. Not sure what happens next!
  • Definitely too early Dustin! Was that you having a swimming lesson or giving a driving lesson? How's your knee?

I hope they get reasonable recompense Alehouse.

Sample pots have been on my walls for weeks emzap - I hope you have an easier job agreeing on a colour scheme.
  • Thanks for birthday wishes
    Kicked off day with pre dawn swim at 8:20. Cold (4° air 5.5°water) but a lovely morning light with 3 seals. Hailed just as we got back to the cars.
    XC this afternoon. Not many out, I was last!
    Few friends around over cake.
    Out for nice meal this evening.
    Why: 61 today
    Last rest: Thursday
    Last hard:
    1. getting builders to fix leak
    2. Remembering (new) reverse gear position
    Lyrics no

Sounds a bit rich cancelling *after* taking a deposit AH