WANTED! VLM training buddy.

Hi there. I'm looking for someone in the Bridport (Dorset) area for mutual motivation on those long lonely runs.

I'm female and in my 40s. I am not speedy but hoping to improve. Please drop me a line if you'd like to share all the 'fun' and butterflies of preparing for VLM.

Comments

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I think you would find better running buds by joining a local running group. You will almost certainly find others training for a spring mara you can join up with.

• Yes, good point, thanks 
  • Hello Chicken Drumstick,

DT19 has given excellent advice.

However, if you are ever visiting London before then I train first timers / First time VLM runners by jogging with them on different sections of the route so that on the day they can listen to their body and know exactly what to expect further up the route.

I have already run the Cutty Sark to Halfway mark twice this year (about 6 & 1/2 miles).

In January I will be taking people around from Tower Bridge  (about half way) to the finish line

In February and March I will take anyone from the Cutty Sark to the finish - about 20 miles.

Let me know if this works for you.

All the best.

PS - my credentials are:

VLM 5 hour pacer
    VLM 2019 will be my 35th consecutive London marathon
  • HS2, I would like to know more details on above 
  • englishrose,
    Today I took a newbie from Tower Bridge to the McDonalds on Whitehall past the finish line (to make up for the bit between 19 and 20 miles of the silly loop near the roundabout close to Poplar High Street) making 14.7 miles - I initially promised her (the newbie) that she could stop at Tower Hill but persuaded her to keep going. She did this in 3 hours 12 minutes. Will be making her do it again in two weeks before making her run from the Cutty Sark to the finish (20 miles) twice before the end of March. 
    Most likely on 24 February first time.