Wednesday, 12 December 2018 - And I was lost for words

Morning ! Not enough hours in the day at this time of year

Lyrics: And I was lost for words
In your arms

Will try and catch up later. I remember reading something about mushrooms in OH's house. Blimey. Hope they're edible ;)

Managed 9 and 5 miles so far this week plus stretching and a proper s&c sesh at the gym. Hoping for 10 today.

Comments

• Morning.

Good to hear from you Donaldo. Hopefully you'll be amazed what some diligent rehab can achieve - I certainly have been in the past.

There's so much to do chicksta - and I'm not very into xmas.

Sounds as though you need a top up before Pilates or a cereal bar for the walk home emzap.

My cough returned with a vengeance overnight so I had a very disturbed night, weird as I'm more or less fine during the day, just a bit of a sore throat. Planning to marzipan my cake today so maybe it was the stress!

What:           hopefully a MLR
    Why:            the weather gets colder each day this week
    Last hard:    sleeping
    Last rest:     27/11

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh marzipan stress, I love it!

Woke up this morning realising of course I knew yesterday's lyrics.

Not sure what's planned for today, overslept whilst dreaming about oversleeping (and I'm a morning person!)!

Sorry to hear you're still coughing lmh.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Sounds like a great session Emz
    Keep it easy Don

What - easy run
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 10/11
    last hard - last night. 3x900s, 6x300s on grass. Mangled today
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

yesterdays lyrics - all the small things by Blink 182

What: short run d&d - more miles some gym and a bike session PM - nothing hard

Why: yesterday has left me a little tired, the shock of a first interval session after racing at the weekend...

Last hard: yesterday

Last rest: 31st October

Lyrics: No

SIgned up for my first race of 2019 yesterday - duathlon season is coming

• Maybe track tonight but knees a bit sore after run + badminton yesterday.
    Last hard: yesterday's run
    Last rest: Thursday
    Lyrics no
  • Afternoon!

Meant to post before work...

What: 4.6k gentle run off largely off road

Why: enough for it is around the current length of my medium run, i.e. two-third to three quarter of my current long run (actually 73% today). Build slowly! Legs were tired anyway after yesterday's Pilates session where I did some new work using a Pilates ring: different, and different muscles I think.
     Generally don't have a reaction post Pilates.
     https://www.decathlon.co.uk/pilates-ring-id_8229681.html

Must get my marzipan sorted, LMH

Be careful, OH!

Lyrics: not today

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • The cake has marzipan on and I did it quickly enough to fit in a trip to the gym to do my little programme too so not a bad day.

Look after your knees OH.

Alehouse - are you making your own? I did one year but haven't bothered since. I'm toying with the idea of ready rolled fondant icing to save more stress but I'm not sure that would be as well received as my usual snow scene.
  • No, never made my own marzipan, LMH, but will of course be doing my own snow scene. I often find the ready rolled a little too sweet anyway. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I very rarely have it as I don't buy shop made cakes but I must admit to liking it when I do. Time to get the fruit soaking for the stollen muffins soon:-) When does your term end?
  • Last day for me is next Wednesday. Then off until Tuesday 8th. Must start looking into other Christmas goody recipes also!
  • Hope you have a great holiday Alehouse, when it comes.

Managed 4 miles at lunch today, very nice day outside.  Am a wee bit stressed at work for the first time ever so needed to get out and about.

lyrics, not today! 
  • Making marzipan is easy!