Thursday 13th December 2018 - Oh the wind whistles down

Morning.

Lyrics - Oh the wind whistles down

Chilly here this morning and worse to come for the next two days if the Met Office are correct.

Not long to go now Donaldo. Will all your pupils have left by next week or do you have stragglers/some who stay on at school for some or all of the holidays? Are you planning to go away?

That's not too long then Alehouse. I thought I'd be finished today but am in twice next week. Though it's only for an hour or so at a time it takes up half a day which is a bit of a pain but the income is welcome, lectures don't start again until the very end of January!

What:              short and easy/physio
Why:               sanity/trying make sure the niggles don't progress to anything more
Last hard:       looking at the weather forecast and thinking about going out
Last rest:        27/11
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Jealous of those that are packing up for Christmas already!
    I've a couple of spare days leave to use up but other than that, it's all but 25th & 26th for me.

What - Easy / Rest
    Why - Eldest back from Uni so running will take a back seat this evening, but if I do get a 20 minute window...
    last rest - 10/11
    last hard - Tuesday, legs still feeling it

lyric - think so
  • Morning!

Lyrics:  I think so  too

What: short run on the cold dark streets followed by longer fitness suite session

Why: work during daylight
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

Morning all

I have entered an ITU Age Group Qualifier and just have to register my intent to qualify, must admit I am stall as they have not said where it is :`0

What: watt bike easy d&d - MTB in the dark woods for fun PM

Why: its fun

Last hard: Tuesday

Last rest: 31st October

Lyrics: INDEED I DO

Dustin I am an IT contractor so don't get paid but want the down time - I could work but why ....

• No work = no pay for me too Gobi but the difference is I can decide when to work but not always when not to.

Dustin - Mark has saved leave and is off for the week this year which is nice for me. Hope you have a window of opportunity later. No run at lunch?

Hope you didn't get too cold Alehouse.
  • Evening, for it is dark!

Not running until later, LMH! And suspect it will be quite chilly. 

I only get paid when I work, also! July, August September were work-poor, the rest of the year has been work-rich; suspect January and February I will be needed less.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I'm very fortunate to have a permanent job with regular pay in a line of work where most are self-employed (I'm a legal translator). So even if there's not much work I still get my pay check :) On the other hand at times like December I work all god-damn hours and don't get any extra...

Therefore yesterday's lyrics where INXS - Not enough time.

I managed my 10 miles yesterday but only because I'd said on here I would. I was exhausted and the run was laboured. Partly blaming my stressful job at the mo plus lack of sleep but also partly overdoing it at the gym on Monday. My legs are still toast.

What: just 3 miles on the TM
    Why: quick lunchtime blast - I didn't wake up in time this morning
    Last hard: every day is hard at the Moment
    Last rest: 9/11
    Lyrics: of course
  • It's forecast to be a lot colder tomorrow and Saturday too Alehouse:-(

Sounds as though you may need to cut yourself some slack at this time of year chicksta. Do you have much time off over the holiday?
  • Evening all.

LMH, all gone already actually, I was forced to close up early due to having no hot water thanks to a burst pipe.  I’ll pop into work tomorrow but only for a few hours.  Heading for a wee break for the weekend but no other plans.  

Hoping for some snow this weekend!