Sunday 16th December 2018 - It was great when it all began

Morning.

Lyrics - It was great when it all began

Sounds like a great day Gobi. Who did you go as?

Glad you got the fire going OH.

Warmer here this morning fortunately.

What:           unsure but it will involve easy miles
Why:            being a good host
Last hard:    finding some xmas cheer
Last rest:     27/11

Yesterday's lyrics - Cold - Editors.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: short run, long fitness suite

Why: needs must

Wind has dropped and the sun is out. Still chilly though.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BrbTrAKnezW/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=tciza4kuuvsp

Oh yes 

What: 7 miles d&d bike pm
    Why: relaxing day
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: 31st October
    Lyrics: no

After 3hours in heels I appreciate why women keep flats under the desk at work !!
  • You definitely do know the lyrics Gobi. I wouldn't last five minutes in those heels!
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Probably need another line
  • Bloody brilliant pic, Gobi. You make a top Frank n Furter :D.

Great choice of lyrics, LMH.

Pleasing result at today's 20+ k race (course is 100m long). 3 mins quicker than a month ago for same HR. 1:37:06 running each lap progressively faster. 24:40, 24:20, 24:15, 23:49. 9th woman, and 1st W50 again. Only one W45 was ahead, the rest were kids ;)
    Took a few scalps on the last lap which was fun. Two girls had passed me on lap 3 but I reeled them back in on lap 4 plus a few blokes too. It was bloody freezing with a strong wind on some of the straights but no snow. Wore thermals, 2 merino tops, a sleeveless windbreaker, hat and gloves. Couldn't feel my feet for the first 10k which was quite odd and never took those gloves off. Face was frozen solid and hubby was pleased that I couldn't speak for a while :D

• Great result, Chick, and my sort of pacing. Excellent considering the weather. 

And I couldn't possibly comment, Gobi.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Excellent runing Chick

Frightening Gobi, hope you are not wearing that next friday, it will put me off my pizza :-)

Rare run with Jnr this morning, as he was staying over, so a short 3.6m run, again all wrapped and strapped up up as can't afford to fall on hand.....

Back to the hospital tomorrow and working from home to clear the 1000 plus emails from the last 10 days or so..... fun...

Lyrics, not a clue

Take care all
  • Nice running chicksta. I struggle to find any pace in the colder weather and can't 'race' wrapped up.

Not sure how wrapping and strapping would stop you falling over RFJ.

Gobi - I was a regular Frankie fan.

Warmer but slippery here this morning and only time for a short and easy by the time I'd finished being the hostess with the mostest.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Great running chick

We are home. I can say it now but no traffic on M25 on way home! Wow!

What: baby arm exercises
    Why: trying to stop her crying by making her fly
    Last hard: that drive. It was good but at the 2 hour mark it started raining and I couldn't see out the windscreen of the hire car very clearly!
    Lyrics: nope

Have a lovely evening all