Comments

• Morning.

chicksta - I was the same as a child when I ran and when I was a very definite middle of the pack runner. I did Stamford 30k one year with a long sleeved merino base layer but it was blowing a gale and snowing.

I wondered if you were still using rollers Gobi as you seem to have been a bit of a Watt bike convert. Mini G's last school concert? Enjoy.

SC has been missing for a while now - time to check in mate.

I'm hoping that Benjy is just time of year busy too and that everything is ok.

Windy here this morning but warmer and it's not supposed to rain until I need to be sorting myself out for my last day at work this year.

What:          short and easy
    Why:           ran long yesterday
    Last hard:   juggling (xmas prep, in-laws, etc)
    Last rest:    27/11

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Fleetwood Mac with Man of the World, and yesterday's photo was of the start of the Burnage parkrun.

What: short run, long Pilates style exercises

Why: Tuesday (but probably not next Tues!)

SCBenjy: what LMH said.

Enjoy the concert, Gobi
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Enjoy the show Gobi
    Nice pictures OH, I'm sure there is a joke in the first one about an old wreck, but I can't quite work it out.... ;-)

What - Club session - pyramids
    Why - It's Tuesday
    Last Rest - Thursday
    Last Hard - will be today. Gave blood last night so I'm not expecting full beans, but will still be a tough one.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LMH - I always have the rollers for track so use them weekly really but watt bike at home has stopped them being used for easy days at home. With track coming I am trying to mix things up again.
  • Morning

What 6 miles 
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: The wind and torrential Welsh Rain/Christmas 
    Lyrics No

Sorry been MIA but it is the time of year will  try harder to post every day it was -3 yesterday so had to run later which I hate but achieved 5 miles so it must be getting easier for me or I am more stressed...LOL

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    I feel like gobi's lyrics are familiar..
    WP you and me both finding it hard, hope the 6 was good
    dustin, go easy on the pyramids
    alehouse have a good short run and enjoy the pilates
    lmh enjoy the short and easy
    what: club relay race later, so will be mile warm up1.2, race 1.2 miles and 1.2 cool down
    why: tradition
    last hard: last nights 4.5 miles
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH xctry was lovely my OH picks amazing routes as he is a off road biker by choice
  • Wonder if Spurs will be looking for a new manager shortly, Wabo...
    And enjoy the relay!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    no alehouse, I have no worry of that
  • LOL Dustin that one has been played many a time.
    Nothing so far
    40-50mph winds. Wet. Cold.
    Last hard Saturday
    Last rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: quite a bit of walking today
    Why: errands
    Last hard: intervals at club last night
    Lyrics: nope

Oh you're mad!
    Dustin we went round it as queue was back to slip road so thankfully didn't get caught.
    Chick hope snow is short lived.
    Hubbie and I are out for dinner, shame I'm going to arrive looking like a drowned rat!

Have a lovely evening all. 3.75 working hours left this year!
  • Barring emergencies I've finished for the year emzap - though not through choice. Hope you have a nice evening out.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Hello.  

Went to see my first ever physio yesterday, wasn’t too bad.  Diagnosis confirms the X-ray result of calcification of the tendon just above the kneecap.  No loss of strength and a little loss of flexibility.  Had some shockwave treatment there and then to try and pound the calcification into submission.  Have been told to use a roller for the next few weeks and have made a return appointment for the new year.  I hope I don’t need a proper sports massage thing because I was a wimp just getting prodded!  

Verdict: continue to train if you can handle the pain.  Just what I thought really.

6 miles today inc, 16 x 1 min on, 1 min recovery,  Good at times but knee a bit tender after yesterday.