Friday 21st December 2018 I don't want a lot for Christmas

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: I don't want a lot for Christmas

Yesterday's lyrics were, The Little Drummer Boy, also known as the Carol of the Drum. Over 200 versions! Particularly like David Bowie and Bing Crosby's arrangement with Peace on Earth. And of course the version that I taught for Wednesday's concert which dovetailed into today's.

What: short run

Why: being kind to my legs

Rain forecast for most of the day. Pa rum pa pa pum.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Cake iced, stollen muffins being naked today - you'll need to get your fruit soaking for them Alehouse. We are forecast a dry patch mid morning which I'm hoping to take advantage of.

What:            short and easy/gym
    Why:             need at least a weekly gym visit
    Last hard:     not getting stressed
    Last rest:      27/11

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

Morning

Easy Friday here

What: I may run in a bit , I may not

Why: It is easy/rest Friday

Last hard: Wednesday

Last rest: 31st October

Lyrics: yes indeed, again

My girlfriend has been ill for a while and I have been staving it off but I'm not 100% 

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All
    Emz - I'm jealous, looks lovely spot for a walk
    I too am the grinch. 
    What - run at lunchtime, say hello to the Olympic stadium
    Why - escape the lunatic shoppers
    Last rest - 8 days
    Last hard - Tuesday

Good training session last night: merged the U11s with the older juniors. 59 of the little treasures.
    Some running, some relays and some Christmas treats...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    run commute to work this morning but only 2 miles as a i got a lift to the first station
    Yoga was cancelled last night, disappointed but I got the marzipan on my cake though so that's good!
    Dustin enjoy the lunch run, I say boooo to the west ham ground, only kidding, no I'm not!!
    Gobi, hope it doesn't get too bad, everyone around me seems to be poorly at the  moment!
    LMH busy bee! enjoy your easy!
    Alehouse, I love t hat version too and I know todays

what: 2 miles am
    why: getting to work without the car
    last hard: this am sort of
    last r est: 31/12/16

last day till 3/1 for me, although I am coming back the second instead of 3rd as we have a big meeting up London re Giselle's case 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Just done a mile walk on Dartmoor, later will do another.

Lmh I hope you mean the muffins are being baked not naked :)

• Well they are naked muffins emzap - nothing on top  :) Are you there for xmas or travelling again?

It's a nightmare with shoppers round here Dustin, hope you can dodge them.

Good that you're a step closer to cake completion Wabo.

Hope you can fight it off Gobi.

Run done, gym done, muffins baked, Tesco's braved (still have to go to Asda tomorrow) - feels as though it's nearly time for drink!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh ohhhhh

Another walk done up to Brentford Church this time. Beautiful views as usual from up there. Visiting family friends, home Sunday probably.

Oh and I do know the lyrics.

Hope all cake icing is going well

• Evening!

Shortest day so summer is on the way!

Cake was iced before 7 am; fruit for Stollen muffins is soaking in brandy; pastry for mince pies made; beef and ham covered in spices for a few days.

I also went to Tesco...and waited 28 minutes at the checkout!

Took friend to collect his new car and he helped me install replacement fridge (eye level, integrated).

Off to the Griffin this evening for an annual last Friday before Christmas reunion.

And I ran...in the rain which has persisted all day.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • That sounds like a very productive day Alehouse. I'd like to make mince pies but I was never very good at pastry and the gf stuff is even worse so I shall be relying on my MiL for those and veggie sausage rolls (I hope). Have a nice evening.
  • Oh gawd, this week is finally over. Thankfully. Too much stuff, not enough time. Drinks again last night, not clever but it was a lovely evening and one glass led to another ;)

Now 5 days off. Have fallen a bit behind with training but there's only so much energy that's available and I used it up to just get through the day. I managed 5, 11.5, 7 and 3 miles. Nothing today but at least I covered my 10000 steps and 20 flights of stairs.

You guys do a lot of food stuff. It's a bit easier where I come from and thankfully my family are just as  happy with meat and a bit of veg as long as there's plenty of wine on the table.

Ale: persistent rain here too. And wind.

LMH: naked muffins made me chuckle😋

Em: Enjoy your stay. Pics were lovely.

SC and Benjy are still missing ... Hope they're ok

Wabo: fingers crossed re. Giselle

Gobi: I'm trying my best to avoid the lurgy too. I'm afraid it'll strike as I wind down.

What: rest day
    Why: exhausted
    Last hard: this year
    Last rest: today
    Lyrics: yes
  • Just Yoga today
    Bit of a cold and lots of domesticity today.
    Last hard: Tesco!
    Last rest: a few days ago
    Lyrics: don't think so.

Moussaka tonight (eldest daughter's request who has just arrived home tonight)