Saturday 29th December 2018 - I can see

Morning.

Lyrics - I can see

You're slipping away from me

It doesn't seem possible that we are at the weekend again and Mark is back to work on Monday - working weeks never seem to pass so swiftly.

What:           short and easy/gym
Why:            miles/last chance to get my weekly session in
Last hard:    shifting my sore throat and annoying cough
Last rest:     27/11
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: ran to parkrun but decided against running it

Why: Achilles was playing up so played it safe. 

Now to try to repair washing machine which has stuck in the middle of a cycle. A nuisance!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Quiet on here today

Sensible ale

What: train to droitwich, 2 mile run to start of inaugural Churchfields parkrun. 5km of the hardest parkrun I've ever done (33:18!!!) Then thankfully a lift home!
    Last hard: that. Tougher than xc. All off-road on fields with a lot of hills a lot of mud!
    Lyrics: nope

Have a lovely day all
  • Very quiet indeed.

That sounds like a super tough parkrun, em

Hope your sensibility pays off, ale.

Wow, I didn't realise Brass Monkey was so soon, LMH. Most people will have just started to launch their spring marathon campaigns then. We have no insurance for our phones, tablets and iPads. It's just rotten luck. First time anything broke. Usually the devices die of old age ;)

What: 12.5 miles
    Why: fancied it
    Last hard: last couple of miles - I was a bit underfuelled
    Last rest: 21/12

Yesterday's were Hit the ground running, Alice Merton
  • Is accidental damage to them not covered on your contents insurance chicksta?

Doesn't sound like much fun to me emzap but each to their own.

Hope it settles quickly Alehouse.
  • Hello

Did the Tillicoultry 10K this morning but my heart went into AF during it and I never really got going.  Realised why after I’d finished and my heart was not playing nice. Took some flecanide when I got home and it’s all back to normal now, which is good.  42:15 was my time.

Much more importantly, however, it was my wife’s first ever race today.  I’ve been training her up and she ran 57:30 and was absolutely delighted.  I’m very proud of her.  

Lyrics, alas, no. 
  • Sounds tough indeed, Emz! Looked the course up and can't say I'm keen!

LMH: was just being sensible this morning. Nothing to be gained and lots to lose!

I noticed that at least four others from the daily thread ran a parkrun today!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Glad to hear that you're ok Donaldo and lovely that Mrs D enjoyed her first race - does she have any more planned.

I'm pleased it was just precautionary Alehouse.
  • Good to hear from you, Don...and about MrsD, also!
  • Cheers! She is planning a 12K race here in May but I will try and keep the momentum going and suggest a few additional events in between. 
  • parkrun followed by Rotary Club mud obstacle run.
    Would be rude not to: it goes round the field behind our house.
    Last hard: some of the obstacles
    Last rest: Christmas Day

Congrats to Mr and Mrs Donaldo
    42min is none too shabby with heart in AF.