Monday 31st December 2018 - I don't wanna get left behind

Morning.

Lyrics - I don't wanna get left behind

Last day of the year of a year that's certainly had ups and downs.

Anyone planning to stay up and see the new year in?

What:            short and easy
Why:             taper
Last hard:     it's not feeling as easy as it should at the moment
Last rest:      27/11

Yesterday's lyrics - Peaceful Easy Feeling - Eagles.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Pleased to see 2018 come to an end. To many bad things happening this year.

Typical taper run, LMH ;)

Wind has died down but it's drizzling again. Anyway, heading out shortly to get that last run of the year out of the way
  • Nah, it wasn't just yesterday chicksta. I'm not running as fast as I was at this point before Vale of York. It will either come good or it won't, I'm hoping it's just cumulative fatigue as I've had four good weeks building mileage. Hope you've enjoyed your last run of the year.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: short and easy, which I imagine will be shorter and easier than LMH's!

Why: being sensible...and roll on 2019.

Hope you are still streaking, Wabo: if I am right today will bring up two years of "run-every-day".
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I bet you're still amazingly fast though, LMH.

Yeah, roll on 2019.

9 miles for me today. Started slow but then the legs woke up and I averaged 8mm so I had quite a few 7:xx in there which is a rare occurrence as I age ;)
  • Morning

Roll on 2019 as 2018 was a bad year in many ways !

Taper madness already LMH;-)

What 9.2 miles
    Why: because I wanted to
    Last hard: Getting out of bed
    Lyrics: I think so

Chick I think my 9 miler was a heck of a lot slower than yours I am just happy to complete it ;)

But yesterday I got a course PB for my flat run so I finish the year on a high;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning all, I ran 6.8 miles to take my total to 2103 miles for the year, a record for me.  Feeling tired today though!  

Will.parkrun tomorrow to start the new year off, not sure if I will see in the bells or not. 

Have a good night, whether partying or not!

• As you well know Alehouse and chicksta these things are all relative.

That's good going considering you've been carrying an injury for a while Donaldo.

Nice to have a fast one Poppy.
  • If the naked figures are not pleasing think of your age graded achievements, LMH. They're something to be super proud of surely?

Great stuff to finish on a high, poppy.

That's impressive mileage knowing you were injured, Don.

A shade over 2500 miles for me. It's a number that led to no injuries so fingers crossed I can increase it a bit next year.

My spring half campaign started today :)
  • Being able to run pleases me chicksta.
  • I am with LMH just running makes me happy:-)

This month is the highest mileage post boot so that is pleasing and the total for the year is......1613  which is lower than 2017 but no races, broken foot where I lost 2 months of training  and plenty of sick days I  am over the moon. :)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

likewise will be good to see the back of 2018.... 1602 miles done against a target of 2000, so well down, all in the back half of the year after a good fist half of the year. hey ho this is sport and running

2019 I want to get this leg issue finally sorted and find some pace back at 5 and 10k..... possibly a 10m if the former go to plan...

3 races booked all 10ks, (Black Park, Wincherster and Limassol)

Double parkrun planned tomorrow as usual, one hardish and one easy (with Mrs RFJ) is the plan....

Hope you all have a blessed 2019 and thank you for all the moral support and encoragement over the last year, it really has been appriciated, when I have been down and not posting as much as I used too, hope to change that too in the new year.... esp in Feb when I start my new job back here in Swindon.

God bless all

• Is this a return to your old position or new job with new employer RFJ? I seem to remember you were seconded away from home?
  • Good to hear from you, RFJ! And even better to hear that you will soon be back working in Swindon! I think you should be aiming for 2019 in 2019!

Good miles there Chick, Don and WP!

2018 was not a good year running-wise with too many problems, starting with the back fracture in January, the meniscus trouble from May and the constant ongoing calf and Achilles woes. Only managed just over 648k, or around 400 miles, which is some people's monthly total. 2019 will be better! 

Main aims for 2019 are to lose 12 pounds (one or more a month!) and run 2019 k. If I meet those aims I will be running much better and enjoying it even more than I do. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Last swim and run completed for 2018.
    Van collected from port (16 miles) after middle daughter had to leave in hurry (boat rescheduled due to weather).
    Gale blowing again.
    Last hard: this morning
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics no

100 completed for December
    1317 completed for 2018

"If the naked figures are not pleasing ..."
    Art appreciation, Chicksta? ;)
  • RFJ: Great to hear you will be back in Swindon and I hope it is a good running year in 2019 for you.

Ale: All things considered that is good mileage! You had so many issues this year.

I need to lose 24 lbs this coming year so 2 lb a month that is possible.........

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Afternoon all, and happy new year.

What: Walk.
    Why: Why not?

Think I may try for 2019 in 2019.

Hope all are well.
    Have a good day. image
  • Good to see you OL! And would be good if you could get 2019k! 
    Platt Fields, 9.00 tomorrow?
  • Yes, will be there tomorrow to start off the new year.

See you there I assume.
    Have a good day. image
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening all

What: long (14 km) run for me today. Longest since marathon
    Why: social run and felt the best I have for ages. Have decided to draw up a 5 km plan to try and get back under 24 min. Need some focuss.
    Last hard: the very end of that run
    Lyrics: no

Have a lovely evening all (chick already watched dinner for one).
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    LMH, a new job, yes I was (and still on secondment) hence the press to move, to a new role with GWR rather than Network Rail.

Ale, thanks. and yes will likley be 2019km :-) rather than miles.....

Take care all