Running helps you sleep better, improves your mood

In a study of 51 young people with an average age of 18, half were assigned to add running into their routines, while the other half did not (they did get some exercise, but didn't add a regular running regimen). To get the benefits associated with running, the group of runners ran at a moderate pace for 30 minutes a day, five days a week, for three weeks.

Those in that running group were found to sleep better, show signs of improved psychological functioning, and focus better during the day.The same benefits are likely to apply to runners of any age.
naima

Comments

• Running is a great sport for all ages, and is very good for middle age in terms of body functions.
    [URL=http://gamesbx.com/]GamesBX[/URL]
  • espenhbespenhb ✭✭✭
    Would be interesting to see exactly what the control group did for exercise. It's well known that physical activity helps you to sleep better and improves mood, so if one group exercises for 2,5 hours per week, and the other averages 30 minutes per week, the difference might be down to the amount of exercise, not the type.

Got a link to the study?
  • My wife notices when I haven't exercised. She tells me I'm even more of a grouch than usual if I haven't gotten my fix! Running/working out is the magic bullet for many things - mood and sleep included!