Sunday 6th January 2019 If you don't have a dream

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: If you don't have a dream
How you gonna have a dream come true?

Not from the first line as that is the title, and am thinking of one particular version!

Yesterday's lyrics were "Those were the Days (My Friend)", Mary Hopkin

What: short run plus fitness suite

Why: being sensible and not building up too quickly post niggles. And getting old! Twins are 29 today!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Happy Birthday to your twins Alehouse. Enjoy the run and keep being sensible!

It's not a race Gobi  :)

What:          short and easy/hospital visiting
    Why:           sanity/family
    Last hard:   sleeping
    Last rest:    not the past two nights

Lyrics - of course though I'm afraid I will be putting my HM PB dream on hold for a bit, can't see me feeling well enough to run hard enough on Sunday with all that's going on. I'm struggling a physically and mentally and whilst trying to look after myself there's an awful lot that it's falling to me to do.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • LMH: That has been rough going for you, hope everything works out, thoughts with you.
    Chicksta: Benji is a very good name for a dog. When I was born and my mum told my aunt I was to be called Ben her response was "but all the dogs in Burniston are called Ben!" (Burniston a nearby village she lived in).
    Espenhb: Hiya! Good luck with the lyrics.
    Parkrunners: A good rollout yesterday.

Yesterday did 'nowt was intending a good long run, but wallpaper need stripping and fireplace removing.

What:7 miles morning, then swimming with daughters.
    Why: Less than a week since New Years Eve but had a few large bottles of stong lager last night, burn it off.
    Lyrics: Which version? But hang on there is only one... now where's me parrot?

• I'm trying to be sensible Benjy  :) Enjoy your run - are you swimming with your daughters or taking them to their swim club?
  • Poor you, LMH. Hope your FiL gets settled so a bit of weight is lifted off your shoulders. I remember  how all the stuff with my dad and later my husband drained me emotionally as well as physically. If your head is not in the right place racing won't happen.

Funny you say that, Benjy. My second dog was called Ben as well :D.  

Gobi: Impressive WAVA. I'd love to get close to 80%

Hazel: There are a few brilliant words in German. Jein is one of those and should be introduced into English dictionaries. My Scottish workmate particularly loved "peinlich" (embarrassing in English). She used it all the time when cringeworthy things happened.

What: 15.5 sluggish miles - longest run since Berlin and it taught me a lesson. I've done loads of 10-12 milers and quite a bit of speed work but they do nothing for your endurance. Ouch.
    Why: a very calm morning so I had to make the most of it
    Last hard: that was
    Last rest: 21/12
    Lyrics: no (and I googled ... I really don't know this tune)

Will do yoga this afternoon.

OH: Are you and Els not doing yoga together?
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Was about to write "Morning!" but fortunately noticed it is past midday here already.

Happy bithday to your twins Alehouse.

Hope you can get some decent sleep in soon LMH. 

Enjoy the swimming Benjy. 

What: 8 with short hill sprints and strides d&d
    Why: in the plan
    Last rest: 1/1
    Lyrics: another no.

Edit: stupid double line spacing - can't get rid of it..
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Morning all, still morning here - in every respect! 

Legs struggling today so just about 10K covered, some of it very slowly.  Session yesterday has taken its toll.  

LmH, hope running can provide some distraction or at least help to clear your head for a spell.  

Good miles chicksta.  

Benjy, hope you enjoyed burning off the lager!  

Lyrics, yes!  
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

LMH - you can tell that to the lads chasing me :-)

What: 70 mins easy d&d - bike time pm
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: 31st October 
    Why: fun times
    Lyrics: yes
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Happy New Year folks

LMH - tough times, sorry to hear that. Might be wise to make an early decision re brass monkey so there's one less thing on your mind. Life Stress will be raised so only running when you have the time and inclination will be fine, as reduced running stress will balance the life stress. Hopefully the way ahead will be more settled in a few weeks.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: so far 15 min Pool Jogging in a ridiculously hot pool (34°C!).
    Why: easing in gently
    Last hard: sleeping on the flight. It was quite bumpy
    Lyrics: nope

Will do yoga later but a danger it'll make me fall asleep!

Have a lovely afternoon all
  • Thanks guys, run made me feel better physically and mentally - as usual - and as an added bonus I had an unexpectedly good run.

TR - I'm definitely going to run Brass, we have arrangements in place to make sure MiL is supported and a day away from it will be most welcome. I'm tapering anyway so run stress is definitely reduced and you know me, I run to feel, so it will either be there on the day or I'll have a day out and a run somewhere different not to mention the opportunity for a chat with Wardi and hopefully meeting Charlie too.

It's in the bank though chicksta, if it were easy everyone would be doing it  :)

Hope you don't have too much jet lag emzap. How long are you going to be sunning yourself for?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    It's only 2 hours time difference lmh but it's an overnight flight so a disrupted night's sleep!

Was joined by 1 dog at the end of yoga, luckily not all 3 decided to join in!  We're here for 2 weeks and after those 15 min I already have a swimming costume tan!
  • Send us some rays, Em. Incredibly grey and dull here all day.

Glad you managed a run and it helped, LMH. Also a good idea to go ahead with Brass under no pressure. Who knows, it may just end up being a magic day 🙏 I had some therapy to help me with the post traumatic stress after hubby's collapse and the one thing I was told over and over again was to think of myself and do whatever helps to make me feel better. Easier said than done, I know. A good mental image that I find useful was to put these negative images into a drawer and shut them away. The drawer will have a tendency to spring open at unwanted times which is ok. Let it happen but then close it again.

Tomorrow is my first non-working Monday :)

And  just completed yoga day 5  <3
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Hi TR, long time, hope you are well

Bad day at home today, sitting around for a delivery from Next that was all screwed up when it came..... complaint in... too long a story for here, but frustrating, therefore mised my longer based run... so only managaged short....

What - 2.25m Hard
    Why - Frustrated
    Last Hard - Tonight
    Last rest - Weds

More commuting tomorrow

Take care all