Monday 7th January 2019 - You get a thunderbolt from out of the blue

Morning.

Lyrics - You get a thunderbolt from out of the blue

Enjoy your first Monday of freedom chicksta.

Shows my ignorance emzap - hope you've caught up on your sleep.

What:            short and easy/gym
Why:             at the moment I mostly have the day to myself
Last hard:     sleeping and shifting this headache
Last rest:      27/11
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no, but sound both familiar and appropriate.

Yesterday's lyrics were Captain Sensible with "Happy Talk". Originally from the South Pacific musical. And I'm trying to be sensible. 

What: about an hour with my M73 friend

Why: may have taken leave of my senses as this will be the longest run since records began. (Well since May 2017 anyway). 

Must take a look at some more of the Adrienne yoga clips.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning.
    Lmh I also always thought that. It's a long way away so it feels like there should be a big time difference!

What: 2.5 I'm on the beach, yoga and a walk later
    Why: do what I can from here
    Last hard: not getting chased by dogs on the beach
    Last strange animal running companion: a seal. I think he was a pup and stuck
    Lyrics: nope

Good luck with the run ale

Have a lovely day all
  • I would so like to be by the sea at the moment emzap - I'm very envious.

I think you'll be fine Alehouse.

I seem incapable of making decisions at the moment - how far to run, where to run, when to run............
  • espenhbespenhb ✭✭✭
    What: 9k run commute. At a higher pace than planned.
    Why: Gotta get them miles in.
    Lyrics: Nope.
  • Morning.

Enjoy your free Monday Chicksta.  Nice long run yesterday.

Hope you can get that Next issue sorted soon RFJ.

What: 13 mile progressive long run later (gulp)
    Why: P&L
    Last rest: 1/1
    Lyrics: another no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Sorry been awol all weekend
    TR - welcome back
    Benjy - good DIY skills
    Don - nice pacing on those 800s
    Emz- I am not at all envious of your trip
    Espen - welcome aboard
    LmH - Sorry to hear about the FiL, hoping that the running keeps the head clear

What - Easy run
    Why - recovery. Saturday was County XC. Never expected to be as quick as last year even allowing for a runnable course rather than the gloop of last year. 7.2 miles of hard running with no real issues so on that basis it was pleasing. Well beaten by club mates and rivals that I'd normally be in front of, but I half expected that. The highlight of the day was a bronze medal for our Vet Men's team to go along with team medals in U17 & U20 age groups too.
    16 very easy trail miles yesterday.
    Last Rest - 2018
    Last Hard - Saturday
  • Morning again!

What: 70 mins off road, d&d

Why: following M73. Will see tomorrow if I survived it; Achilles and calf weren't happy with a couple of ks on grass at one stage but felt better on firmer gravel. Grey weather and we both wore plenty, although the gloves did come off around half way.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Batten down hatches but maybe usual Monday loop later
    60mph winds (but no thunderbolts)
    Last hard: waiting for daylight
    Lyrics:no
  • Another wheelie bin bites the dust ...
  • Morning

LMH: I hope today is a good day and you got your run sorted :)

Hazel: That sounds a tough run but you seem to cope well with the training ;)

Ale: Wow that is some distance I hope no reaction tomorrow for you:-)

OH: That is some photo;-)

What:  8.20 miles
    Why: Because I could
    Last hard: Sleeping and knowing I would be later out running
    Lyrics: Yes
    Last rest: Last year;-)

All went well no problems and no Christmas lights to brighten up a dark morning.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • That's just a mobile phone photo from inside the car at local bay.
    This is what it looks like on West coast of Orkney today (friend's photo). These cliffs are about 200 feet high.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    Happy belated 29th to your twins alehouse, aka capt sensible
    Great photos OH!
    wp glad your run went well, I went out early this morning - it looked like night time
    alehouse, nice amount of minutes!
    dustin well done you and your club on saturday, one of my mates took first in her cat at the essex ones
    hazel hope the 13 goes well!
    epsen, have a good run too!
    lmh, hugs to you!

No Ill effect from my fall Saturday but knee feels bruised is all, QoP battered me yesterday and sent me on my way with a gift of Tiffany cake - yum
    what: 30 mins done this am
    why: schedule and taking Cleo Trampolining later
    last hard: this am
    last  rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

Glad there are no ill effects from the fall, Wabo!

Will you be open water swimming then, OH

And hope you are making the most of your four day week, Chick. I very rarely work Mondays and ideally it will be my long run day. 
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Emz: I know what you are saying there, dogs are allowed on our beach during the months Oct-May, as they are off leads I get chased or charged by a dog on at least every other run down on the beach/prom, most often they are just excitable things, but sometimes there are some that are very aggresive. I did get three charges in one run recently, that's the current record.
    OH: Impressive seas, I love when the sea is doing something, I liken it to a giant kettle element having being put in the bay.
    Ale: Cracking result, well done.
    Wabo: Poor you, sorry to hear your fall, but glad no long term harm.
    Welsh: Great miles champ!
    Dustin: Great 16 miles there, I really want to get out for a 10+ blast, inspired me to aim for that at the weekend, although next couple of weekends may be busy so have to wait for the (actual) dust to settle.and all decoration done on the house.
    LMH: Run Conundrum, I hate that, often it is want to go far not enough time or shall I go morning or afternoon, what if morning drags on then I might miss chance.
    Hazel: Go for it! Get that 13 miler conquered.

What: Supposed to be gym day, but I'm a run day down so have mixed them together to make an energetic Spritzer. Quick gym session of half normal time done and then when daughters at netball at half-four will go for a run of whatever distance I can do in that 50mins-60mins timeframe while they play.
    Why: Mix it up
    Lyrics: Hurumph!
  • I feel very blessed to be able to work part-time now. You can get so much more done although today was mainly chauffeuring duties to get mum and dad to their respective doctor's appointments and buy mum a new smartphone.

Benjy: sounds like meticulous planning

Good running ale, espen and poppy. The miles are building.

Wow, OH - that FB pic looks savage. I love the sea when it's wild. Wouldn't want to go in though ;) We're forecast another storm tomorrow.

Will you be trampolining too, wabo?

Hazel: hope the fast finish long run goes well. Do you always run long on Mondays?

Nice weekend running Dustin and congrats on the team bling.

Em: Aww, swimming with a seal - how lovely.

What: 9 damp and windy miles am/yoga pm
    Why: last chance this week to be outside it seems. The next few days will most likely be treadmill runs
    Last hard: getting mum to decide which phone she wants
    Last rest: 21/12
    Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chick, no I will be watching in awe!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Beautiful pictures OH - I'd love to be walking by that at the moment - well wrapped up though!

I must have missed your fall Wabo, glad you're ok. What is Tiffany cake?

Hope there is no adverse reaction Alehouse.

Good result Dustin.

I'm just not doing decisions very well at the minute Benjy, brain still addled from lack of sleep and too many things to think about I think. Hope you had a good run.

That sounds like a tough run Hazel.

Nice miles Poppy.

Were you running late espen?

My run cleared my headache (more effective than any painkillers), work were fine about Friday, student I should have seen is fine, MiL has had an ok day, we're nearly through another one.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Good to read your XC report Dustin, you’ll be back beating them in no time.  

Two separate 4 mile runs for me today.  Wanted to hit the ground running at work and had a few presentations to do so I figured if I was more awake than the audience, that would be a start.   Used a head torch for the first time in forever so managed to get out on quiet country roads, which was nice.  Then 4 miles post work as well.  

Lyrics, nope.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Well done on the XC results Dustin.
    Hope the leg holds up Alehouse.
    Great pics OH thanks. Looks pretty wild!
    Glad the headache is better LMH.
    Nice double Donaldo.
    Hope you could squeeze in a nice run Benjy.
    Hmm cake - Wabo, you have just reminded me there is a slice left here!
    Well done on the 8 WP.
    My 13 progressive turned into a 10 progressive + 3 recovery-easy in 1:47 as I overdid the progression in the early miles and had little left in the tank for another 3 miles at LT pace.  Need to pace such a run better.  Not unhappy with the overall result though as it was the first finish fast longer progression I have tried.  Rest day tomorrow.
    Monday just happened to be my long run day this week Chicksta, I try to stick to P&L but sometimes have to juggle. I work part-time so could slot it in this afternoon. Can also be good to have a Sunday free for non-running activities with OH.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Sounds like you learned lots on that run, Hazel! And good that you are not disappointed with it! Solo half marathon at a decent pace at this time of year: keep it up! How undulating is it around where you are?

Legs feel remarkably good at the moment: hope I can say the same in the morning!

Hope back to work went well, Don! I'm back tomorrow. And Wednesday. Then that's it for the week!
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good week!  Today was good, really enjoyed it actually, great to be back.