Wednesday 9th January 2019 - Once upon a time you dressed so fine

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
Morning

Lyrics: Once upon a time you dressed so fine

Off for another group run I think, if I can get hubby out of bed to take me there!

Will report in later.

Comments

• Morning.

Nice that you've found people to run with emzap. From what my physio tells me there aren't many places it's safe to run on your own there?

Glad there wasn't any damage chicksta. My left hamstring is still niggly, hope yours settles quickly, I find mine does as well if not better if I keep running easy on the flat.

Sorry to hear that you fell again RFJ. I hope you don't have to wait too long to see the neuro.

Those races look as though they should get you out of the door to do the long runs OH. I bet they are all beautiful.

Hope your knee has settled after that session Donaldo.

FiL was much worse yesterday and MiL was understandably upset. It's going to be a long road I think.

What:           short and easy
    Why:            taper
    Last hard:    tapering
    Last rest:     27/11

Lyrics - ringing bells but not sufficient for a yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • espenhbespenhb ✭✭✭
    Another morning, another lyric I don’t recognize.

Good luck waking him up!

What: Run commute - 6k/4 miles. Gonna try focusing on breathing(3/2)
    Why: Miles. And oxygen. And something I read.
  • Morning

I think it is going to be a long and winding road rather than a straight path LMH;-(

What: That is the question
    Why: Ice on pavement
    Last hard: The ice
    Last rest Last year

So I will have to see what happens later it maybe a short treadmill day or a yoga day or Exercise bike.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Cold and frosty here! Enjoy your warm run, Emz!

What: short run after work, probably

Why: easy day
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    emzap nice time trial and good you have others to run with!
    Poppy nice miles, take care today
    RFJ ouch ouch, sorry to hear but I hope you get answers soon
    LMH enjoy the short and easy
    espen, hope the breathing thing works
    alehouse, enjoy your short run later, Wembley was good especially as my son came, he needed it!
    Turns out Cleo's trampolining will be ending soon as they cannot get a coach.  However they will offer her a place in gymnastics which will include trampolining, it's what she wants to do ultimately so all good really!
    what: 80 mins running later
    why: lsr, can't fit in next weekend
    Last hard: yesterday short
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have  a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    The bad touch by the Bloodhound gang

Topical by time of day

Can't believe RFJ has been on the deck again, I lie it happens more than I buy bikes.

So went to view a new club. Very strange running in a group and not being the fastest. Still I was in the fast group

Reps on a 0.64 mile loop last night
    3.34 3.28 3.26 3.22 3.22 3.18 off 90 secs

Sub 17 May be in there!!

What: easy hour run d&d more pm plus gym
    Why: see above
    Last hard: see above
    Last rest: October 31st
    Lyrics: no

Not sure about the club, will go to a few more sessions.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Morning all
    LmH - thoughts with you and the in laws
    Wabo - Yay for Cleo!
    RFJ - ouch (again), you be careful
    Gobi - nice pacing ! Which Club is it?

What - easy lunchtime running
    Why - recovery. 10 miles last night including 4 miles at LTP. Barely broke 7mm. Legs / knees may be much better but hardly have lost a bit of pace.
    last rest - 2018
    last hard - 2019
    lyric - like lmh I want to say yes, but I can't
  • Glad that you are ok after your fall RFJ.

Nice reps yesterday and today Donaldo and Gobi.

Give yourself time to look at the club Gobi.

Good that wasn't any major damage due to the storm chicksta.  Take care of that hamstring.

Well done on your time trial emzap

Hope it works out with the trampolining for Cleo Wabo. 

Another dusting of snow here, doesn't look too icy though. 

Lyrics: no
    What: 8 general aerobic miles later
    Why: starting another training week and need to get some fresh air
    Last hard: work
    Last rest: yesterday

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    So that run was one of the hardest I've ever done!  Bear in mind there was meant to be a slow group and a medium group.  Turned up and there was 1 person there!  I asked whether it was ok to come along being a slower runner and they said it was fine.  First km was 5 min/km (admittedly on flat road).  Then we turned off onto sandy trail.  Running in sand it hard, especially when it's uphill.  Had to walk up a few of the hills.  Went up criss-crossing some roads getting to the edge of the mountain, doing a combination of running and walking.  There were 4 of us in total, one guy ran with me and the other 2 ahead.  I explained it was my first time running on sand, and I was finding it really tough.  We then got to the sand dunes!  Wow!  I even found walking up those tough (but beautiful!).  Finally onto the trail where the person running with me swapped with another guy so they could do a bit of a longer route.  The trail was beautiful down to a view point, me run-walking along it.  Then we took a short breather at the point, and turned round to head back.  We managed 11.5 km in the end in about 1:20.  It turned out the guy I was running with was a Brit who's been an expat for a while.  He'd been a sub 2:30 marathoner in past.  No wonder I was finding it hard.  Great run though and really nice of them to stick with me.  We did see a few dubious characters along the way who would have been trouble if I was running alone.  However, a beautiful run so glad I did it.  Not sure I'm going to be able to walk tomorrow though!

Km splits were: 5:01; 5:37; 8:37; 12:35; 7:42; 7:05; 7:09; 6:48; 5:24; 6:00; 7:32; 2:33. 

The Brit also owns a lovely cafe which I had a nice coffee in afterwards.  Then a cool off (?) in the pool, a cool 31 degrees today...

RFJ hope you get some answers soon. This has been going on a while. 

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Dustin- Dudley and Stourbridge Harriers
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    wow emzap!!! Good on you for being able to do all that!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Are there any alternative clubs you can try Gobi?

Hope snow didn't stop play Hazel.

Are you training for anything specific espen?

Good news that Cleo will get her gymnastics club Wabo. Hope the long run goes well.

No ice here fortunately Poppy. Hope it warms up for you tomorrow.

It's the effort that counts Dustin.

How's your hip today Alehouse?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    possibly but this one would be really good location wise and league wise
  • Evening!

Interesting times, Gobi!

Hope your longer run goes well, Wabo

Sounded fun but tough, Emz!

Hip wasn't too bad today, LMH although it was a bit tender after I had worked it hard yesterday evening. Only a short run today so didn't really test things; longer tomorrow I  imagine. Even though the sun had been out there were still patches of ice at 2 pm. Hope your run went to plan Hazel and that the roads were clear.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    tough run Emz

Thanks for comments on fall.... aching today with a nicely bruised knee, however as you know it take a lot to keep me down.....

What - 6 x 450m off 150m rec (4.3m in total) between 2:02 and 1:57
    Why - Intervals, trying to find some speed for my 10ks.. (12 week plan)
    Last Hard - Tonight
    Last Rest - Mon

Take care all