Thursday 10th January 2019 You packed your bags as I recall

Morning...just!

Lyrics: You packed your bags as I recall
And you walked slowly down the hall

Not working tomorrow so not long back from the alehouse!

What: a decent length run + fitness suite

Why: not working

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

What:             short and easy
    Why:              taper
    Last hard:      I find tapering hard
    Last rest:       27/11

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Some great running and sessions in the last few days.  Not even falls can stop us, well done RFJ.

Didnt run yesterday as knee was sore after 3 x mile reps on Tues.  Went to physio though and had my first ever proper sports massage on my quad.  Ouch! Flip me, it was hard to take.  Then got some shockwave on the knee so should be able to resume training today.  Physio comfortable about me just managing the pain with rolling etc so I am happy plodding on!  Not sure whether to go to the club or to do my own thing tonight.  We’ll see.

Lyrics, nope.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Emz - sounds like a cracking trail run, and glad the pacey guys stuck with you
    Don - Good news, just be careful you manage it properly
    LmH - quite right, effort was full on, and hardly a disaster.

What - U11s coaching, some easy miles 
    Why - Thursday always the light day
    Last Rest - middle of Dec
    Last Hard - Tuesday
    Lyric - possibly
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Yesterday's lyrics Bob Dylan - like a rolling stone

What: rest. Hopefully yoga if time (I missed it yesterday)
    Why: out with a friend whilst hubby is out for a suit fitting for a wedding at the weekend
    Last hard: yesterday! My shoulders are really sore today!
    Lyrics: nope

Lmh are you running at the weekend still then?  Wasn't sure if you'd completely decided yet.

Don welcome to the painful world!

Have a great day all
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Painful Donaldo.  Hope it will have helped your knee.
    Enjoy that rest day emzap after your trail efforts - sand is very hard to run on.

What - not sure yet
    Why - am supposed to be doing some speedwork today but several centimetres of snow will likely prevent that
    Last hard - keeping going after my legs went on strike at 12km yesterday with 2km left to do up the hill.
    Last rest - 8/1
    Lyrics - no
  • Thanks Donaldo - you've just reminded me that I'm seeing my physio this afternoon.

emzap - yes I'm running. Obviously haven't had the best prep with the stress and lack of sleep etc but I shall go and see what the day holds. It will just be nice to have some time out with Mark and a bit of normality, anything else is a bonus.

Dosn't sound like the best of conditions Hazel - hope you can find a way round it.

Do you have any races in the calendar Dustin?
  • Swim this morning.
    Peterloo at cinema tonight.
    Lyrics no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all

got a new phone, fitbit won't connect so it's irritable Thursday for me!! Just had a bit of shortbread to help....
    Lyrics I must I am sure
    alehouse, have a nice day off!
    OH have a good day, enjoy cinema, what are you seeing?
    wow hazel where are you?  
    emzap enjoy your rest, I am about 9 days behind on the challenge and can't go yoga this evening so maybe I'll do a couple of days catch up!
    Donaldo, poor you what a shock!! Hope the knee responds well
    dustin enjoy the thursday coaching
    LMH enjoy your short and easy hope things are ok

what: well I don't know exactly
    why: have to go get this thing under my eye checked later and then see what run I can do
    last hard: only managed 50 mins solo last night, was hard
    last rest: 31/12/16

Well the funny thing is I say the 50 mins was hard as in hard to motivate but once out there was fine.  the rest of the night I didn't even feel I had run!!
    Odd
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I often find that the hardest part is getting out of the door Wabo.
  • Tuesday night had 'Turkey Buster' at Taekwondo, serious DOMS now, a thousand plus rapid exercises that included kicks, punches, leg raises, press ups, crunches etc. Yesterday run was awful, not because of DOMS related, just tired and a lot going on. 6 sluggish miles in about 56 mins, house getting decorated and a lot of work things on.

What: Try and have a better run than yesterday, 7 miles?
    Why: Got to have a break and an apointment with Jeremy Vine
    Lyrics: School Disco (Yes)
  • Afternoon!

Lyrics, strangely, are football related, Wabo!

What: 41 minutes, largely off road

Why: a gradual increase in the week's kilometrage. Hips were both slightly sore, which in my book is better than one. Achilles was not happy with a grassy kilometre, again. Had to stop and stretch a couple of times. It will get a good stretching in the fitness suite this evening.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Hey all

Busy in here

What: 70 mins watt bike with efforts d&d
    Mtb in the dark pm
    Why: no run Thursday, thou shall not streak 
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: 31st October
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    mmm alehouse I will have to google.  Enjoy your stretching, I might do some later!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon

-3 at home so off to seaside where it was 2-3 degrees but a feel like of zero

What 5.30 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: The Ice yesterday
    Last rest: 9/1
    Lyrics: Yes

A really good run and my fastest to date since running here post boot but it is so flat and I do like to run up and down the steps for my Rocky moment;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Well done WP!

Foggy and 3 degrees here: not pleasant. It is winter, we must remind ourselves!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thou shall not streak :D  love it, Gobi. Keeps us on the roads.

Looks like I forgot to submit yesterday's draft post. Ho hum.

Not sure if 2 sore hips are better than one, Ale

Don: ouch. I feel your pain. I'm due a going over next week to sort that hamstring which is a bit of a nuisance.

Hazel: hope your legs have decided to cooperate again.

Your running is building nicely, wabo. LMH is right - getting out is the hardest part.

Great run with company yesterday, em.

What: 11 miles + yoga day 9
    Why: because I can
    Last hard: snow forecast for tonight and tomorrow
    Last rest: 21/12
    Lyrics: no
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Hope the physio was good LMH and for you next week chicksta.

Did a 16 x 1 min on, 1 min off session today.  I am rather fond of that one!  Good pace for the intervals.  Covered 5 miles including about half a mile warm up and down.  Lunchtime session.
    Knee not too bad and even better with some serious rolling! 

:smile:
  • Must try that session out Donaldo.

Good approach to BM lmh.

Hmm shortbread Wabo. Does it help installing new laptops? Grrr.. wanders downstairs...  I agree on the getting out of the door issue. Well done for doing so.  I am in Switzerland, not far from Berne.

Taekwondo sounds tough Benjy.

Alehouse maybe both hips being sore will prevent you getting one-sided.  Both not sore would of course be better.

Hope the snow doesn't get in the way too much Chicksta.

Got out earlier without too much delay for motivational issues.  The snow had been cleared off the roads so after a slushy warm up lap around the field tracks (hmm wet feet!) I did my 2 x 5 x 200m with jog backs and 4 mins between sets.  200s were measured by GPS so doubtless inaccurate but I don't think it matters.