Saturday 12th January 2019 - Reach out, hands in the air

Morning.

Lyrics - Reach out, hands in the air

It's a lollipop course and rather exposed Hazel but hey, it's a day out and away from the current situation and hopefully an opportunity to run faster for a few miles if not as fast as I'd like.

Glad you could get outside chicksta. I nearly binned yesterday's little run as I'm tired etc but knew I'd feel better in myself for getting out. Waking just isn't the same. Need to have a good clean (it's amazing how much dust painting generates!) and then get our possessions back from the MiL's and see what fits where. Still a long way to go but at least it looks nice now.

Hope today's parkrunners enjoy their outing.

Alehouse - have you seen SC about anywhere? I know in the past you've seen him in parkrun results. Been a long time since he posted.

I feel rough this morning. Haven't slept well for a while and my throat is sore but I don't want to give up my day out tomorrow. As I run to feel and have a host of excuses at the ready I won't be too upset if things don't go as I had hoped and I'm prepared for an easy week next week to recover (more generally than from the run) if I feel the need but then it will be time to motivate myself and put the miles in for London - life permitting - even though it's a late one there are only fifteen weeks to go!

What:             very short
Why:              sanity
Last hard:      staying well
Last rest:       27/11
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

SC and I exchanged new year wishes, LMH! He has hardly been running: knee injury for the last couple of months so just some gentler parkrun. Talking of which...

What: gentle parkrun

Why: a run in company. Gentle because of niggles, and it is wet and windy.

Enjoy parkruns, races and training everyone.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    LMH: Know that feeling of disruption through decorating, currently living in 2 square metres of space with everythig stacked up in one room whilst whole house is painted. Just chose a nice Blackwatch tartan carpet for the living room, very bold, living dangerously on the contrast side of life there. Blimey 15 weeks to London! Fingers crossed there isn't a repeat of the bizarre heatwave like last year.
    Ale: Enjoy the parkrun, take it easy.

Had to go to Doncaster yesterday, very early, driving on the wolds in thick darkness, not a peek of light anywhere. Didn't get to do anything yesterday runwise.

What: I'm hoping for a 10 miler mid morning whilst daughters at dancing (inspired by Dustin's post earlier in week). Let's see, foot hurting a bit (broken toe), not too bad, but mighty tired.
    Why: Want to do double figures.
    Lyrics: The brass band tune up and fire out a rapid fanfare as I sing "Nooooo, Noooo, Noooo".
  • Careful if you're tired Benjy. Might be better off leaving the longer run for another day. s the new work disrupting your usual routine? I like the sound of your carpet - very bold! I'd take the heatwave over cold, wet and windy.

The rain had stopped when we took Grace out Alehouse but it's started again now and it's very grey and unappealing. I think I'll feel worse if I don't run so I shall wrap up and just accept a slow bimble I think. I'm hoping that some of my current malaise is taper induced but I think that it's actually the events of the week taking their toll  :(
  • Grey and unappealing here as well. So much so that I almost binned parkrun but then I thought about the volunteers standing in the freezing rain and went.

Did About 9 miles as a warmup, then parkrun at LT pace (ran by HR) and about a mile cool-down. My watch said 21:31 but it's 21:49 on the parkrun site. Nevermind - wasn't chasing anything, just taking the opportunity to run a bit faster in company. LT pace on my own always feels incredibly hard. And I wouldn't even have tried an LT run in this weather (horizontal rain and strong winds).

Managed to come 3rd lady. We had 102 finishers, 52 were women. I really hope it catches on - makes my P&L training a lot more bearable :)

LMH: No wonder you feel a bit low on energy. Enjoy the day tomorrow.

Benjy: What LMH said. Also not sure how a broken toe might affect your gait which could lead to further injuries.

Thanks for updating us on SC, ale. I was a bit worried. Shame about the injury :(

What: 14 miles with a parkrun in there
    Why: combining my P&L LT and long run
    Last hard: the weather
    Last rest: 21/12
    Lyrics: yes

• espenhbespenhb ✭✭✭
    Rain, snow and mud was the recipe for todays run. A parkrun.

What: 10k, including a 5k parkrun.
    Why: This weeks intensity workout.
    Lyrics: Nope!
  • Tough parkrun marshalling
    Wet cold and windy
    Someone has to
    Last hard: see above
    Lyrics no
  • Afternoon!

Well done Chick! Decent time after a decent warm up!

And a good place for the more intense workout, espen!

As you say, OH, there would be no parkruns or races without the volunteers.

Well done at Villiersdorp, Emz: suspect it was a challenging course!

What: 25:16 on an easy course, if there is such a thing

Why: progressive but easy run. A reasonable measure of progress, actually: I was over 26 last summer and it was harder work. Very windy in places but the rain had passed over. Hope the wind also passes over for you tomorrow, LMH!

Take care, Benjy!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Chicksta: 9 mile warm-up that's great going! And very noble of you to think of the volunteers.
    LMH: You are spot on, routine out of sync, tired, and regarding not going running, you will end up being more cheesed off later if you don't.
    OH: You need a shot of whiskey.
    Ale: Great going Ale, that is indeed progress.
    EspenHB: Where are you to be getting snow? Are you in the UK?

Just did my 10 (and a bit). Feel better for having done it. Just need to break my cycle of 7 to 8s. Not working towards anything, but after four marathons in two years I don't want to suddenly let my stamina level drop. Thanks for concerns chaps, appreciated.
  • Glad you enjoyed your longer run Benjy. I did feel better for getting out.

Nice warm up chicksta  :)

Hope you've warmed up OH.

Me too Alehouse - not that I think it will make much difference. I did manage one mile at what would need to be HMP this morning - can't imagine doing it for another twelve and following those with a sprint finish though!

Please feel free to keep the snow espen.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Afternoon all

good trg and parkrunning....

Hard parkrun for me, ist one going for it for a while and certainly felt it, but still it was good, wind, but no rain

hope to get an hour in tomorrow.

Benjy, as LMH says, its harder on tired legs... (hence my fall on Tuesday night.... mainly as I was tired

Take care all

• Great parkrun chicksta. Agree on the solo LT being tough.
    Careful with that foot Benjy.
    Brr to the marshalling OH. Much easier to run in those conditions. Hope your efforts were appreciated. +1 to the whiskey..
    Well done to all parkrunners.
    Race pace should feel much easier in the race lmh.

What: 10 miles. WU, 33 mins @ LT (target 4:30/km, did 4:31), CD
    Why: P&L
    Last hard: solo LT over 7.3km
    Last rest: 8/1
    Lyrics: vaguely familiar

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: nearly 11 miles including STUBBY 10KM 38.40 as a pace  maker. Haven't eaten or drunk anything since last night due to food poisoning. It went ok but I am Fed up of eating my own vomit
    Last hard: my own vomit
    Last rest 31st October 
    Lyrics:No 

To expand, woke at 0130 in severe pain but wasn't sick. Spent next 4 hours between bed and bathroom, curry doors working hard.(there was no curry)

Made the decision to pace on the line with 30 seconds to go, the pace is not hard for me so I decided to go km at a time and assuming I could avoid vomiting or crapping myself I would carry on.

Lack of fuel meant my legs got unhappy around 9.5 kms but nothing serious.

• Evening! 

Well done Gobi! Particularly under the circumstances. Job done I presume. Was TR in your train? 

And that is a great result, LMH: I certainly think that is your best half, with just 21 seconds away from a PB. The weather surely accounts for that. Top of the rankings again, I imagine! I presume there will be some sort of prize, although I know you don't do it for that! Obviously in good shape and more to come!