Sunday 13th January 2019 In ev'ry job that must be done

Morning!

Lyrics: In ev'ry job that must be done
There is an element of fun

Looking forward to hearing of a job well done, LMH. Hope you enjoy the day and hope you get to meet up with Wardi  and CW etc. 

What: easy short run, long fitness suite

Why: needs must

Wet and windy here; hope it is not too bad for any racers. 

Pace well, Gobi!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning,

Ale: Good to hear about SC I hope his knee is well on it's way to be healed?

LMH: Look forward to hearing how you enjoyed your day.

I missed yesterday but 9 miles all done.

What: 6 miles easy
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: Fighting off this cold but winning so far
    Lyrics: No
    Last rest: 9/1/19

Last two days have been snail pace so glad to see it trying to get back to normal again/
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Crossing my fingers for you, LMH. Hope you surprise yourself and have an enjoyable day out.

Hope you stay on top of that cold, Poppy.

Great LT run, Hazel. 33 mins is impressive. I guess it's not exactly flat where you are. Did you do the split session on one go? I think I have a similar workout to look forward to this week... plus a fast finish long run next weekend. Luckily that's race #3 of the winter series which will make things a bit easier.

Glad I got my long run in yesterday. It's even more miserable today. I should get my ass in gear and go to the gym, like ale. But I'm feeling quite lazy.

What: a no-running day - possibly gym but likely just yoga
    Why: thou shalt not streak and injury prevention
    Last hard: braving the elements yesterday
    Last rest: 21/12
    Lyrics: no
  • Hope lmh has a good run today.

Get well soon wp, take it easy.

I have some flat routes chicksta and otherwise I would describe it as rolling / undulating around here.  Localish highpoint is around 800m which provides a nice long hill run should I want to do it (around 450m of climbing).  LT was done in one go, I prefer it to the LT intervalls which on slowing for the recoveries take quite a bit of motivation to get back to pace. Enjoy the gym if you go or yoga or being lazy (why not)

Similar weather here Ale.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

What: short recovery
    Why: gentle shakeout after yesterday's efforts and it is nasty out
    Last rest: 8/1
    Lyrics: another no
  • Well done today, I see, LMH! Hope you had an element of fun as well! Looking forward to your report, and those of others who ran. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Hope it went well lmh. 

10 miles here, steady.  Felt pretty good.

Lyrics, nope. 
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Judging by Ales post all went well LMH

Slowly trying to build the miles here, so a good positve hours run this morning with no real issues... :-)

What - 6.6m 1:01:15
    Why - Building miles / Plan
    Last Hard - Parkrun yesterday
    Last Rest Thurs

Take care all
  • What did you decide chicksta?

Nice longer run yesterday Poppy. Hope you can fight off the lurgy - I've been feeling on the edge of something all week.

Knee holding up ok Donaldo?

All recovered from your tumble RFJ?

Hope the weather didn't make your run miserable Hazel.

I think you're my biggest supporter Alehouse - thank you - and thank you for all the support guys. I had a nice chat and warm up with Wardi and met Charlie before the start. It was windy out there, a sort of cross/headwind for the first five miles (some of the gusts were blowing me sideways) then two miles into the wind which cost me a good thirty seconds I think. I split at 42 minutes on my Garmin (they had a 'half way point' sign and finished in 1.24.04 (chip time) the first half was a bit skewed by a fast first mile (6.05) so I was finishing strongly. Good enough for fifth woman (fourth place passed me as we ran into the wind in the final 200m) and first old woman (2nd V50 was over ten minutes behind me). Most importantly I had a normal day out which was most needed.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • I forgot - yesterday's lyrics were It's Gonna Get Better by Genesis.
  • Brilliant LMH 👏 glad you had a good day out. Amazing speed. Don't think I could have moved another step after 1 mile at 6:05 pace :D I'd have needed an oxygen tent.
    That's not far off your PB, right? I'd have been very happy with that 2nd W50's time :)

Good miles RFJ and Don.

Just yoga in the end. Mum invited us over for cake (allegedly). Ended up sorting her telly and settin up her new phone : D
  • I hope you go cake too chicksta? That was 21 seconds slower than my PB.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    well done LMH on the race and the emotional need of being out for the day.

Yes thanks all recovered from latest tumble

Take care
  • Swim in hail storm then pushed myself out the door for 3 miles in heavy cold sleet.
    Why: I wonder?
    Last hard: getting home through narrow cobbled streets of Stromness in van, meeting another van in opposite direction with other traffic behind both ways!
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics no idea

Well done LMH
  • Evening! Gobi posted on yesterday's thread so I followed suit!

Well done Gobi! Particularly under the circumstances. Job done I presume. Was TR in your train? 

And that is a great result, LMH: I certainly think that is your best half, with just 21 seconds away from a PB. The weather surely accounts for that. Top of the rankings again, I imagine! I presume there will be some sort of prize, although I know you don't do it for that! Obviously in good shape and more to come!

And am sure you all know the lyrics! 
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    It ended up with me pacing the pacemaker. The young lady had the most puff out of the 3 of us.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Congratulations LMH, great result and in windy conditions.
    Can you also do laptops Chicksta? Spent some time sorting mine out this afternoon giving priority to diverse running things.. Hope the cake was nice.
    Which van gave way OH? ;)
    Pacing after a night like that can't have been fun Gobi.  Well done for seeing it through.
    Did my recovery while dinner was in the oven (cottage pie - yumm).  Good thing it was dark so that I couldn't see how yucky it was.  Actually the wind and rain were quite invigorating.