Monday 14th January 2019 - I don't know where I'm goin'

Morning.

Lyrics - I don't know where I'm goin'

Everyone sleeping in this morning?

Sorry to hear that you were ill Gobi, hope you haven't prolonged things with your pacing effort - good commitment to your friend though I'm sure she'd have understood in the circumstances!

You sound as though you've lost your mojo a little OH?

A cold and wet run followed by a comfort food dinner sounds like just the thing Hazel.

I won £30 for 1st old woman Alehouse - need to pay the cheque into the bank!

Hamstring is a little tweaky this morning and stomach still not entirely settled (though nowhere near as bad as Gobi's) so I shall see how i feel after walking Grace but with only fifteen weeks until London I'd like to start picking the miles up this week if possible, if not it will be eleven weeks training and a three week taper - doable given my base I guess/hope.

What:             hopefully short and easy
Why:              the road to London
Last hard:      running into that wind yesterday
Last rest:       27/11
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's lyrics were Julie Andrews (playing Mary Poppins) with "A Spoonful of Sugar" (helps the medicine go down), reminding us that in every job that must be done there is an element of fun!

What: about an hour, largely off road

Why: M73's plan. Hope it is less windy and the rain stays away.

LMH: cheque at least pays your entry! 15 weeks is plenty for you for London given where you are starting. Danger is getting stale! Worth reading Muddy and DT's Brass Monkey reports on the Overdone it thread: they make your run sound even better!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Well done on race yesterday LMH and on prize:-)

What: 6 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: No sleep last night made the run harder than I would have liked.
    Lyrics: Nope

6 miles in the bank but body was tired with just 4 hours sleep.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    LmH - excellent performance yesterday, you must be super pleased given the emotional havoc in the last few weeks
    Gobi - top work, even more so running on 'empty'
    Chick - great park run/long run
    Hazel - nice LTP pacing!
    Benjy - as others have said, just be aware of that toe and how it may impact gait/striding

What - easy recovery run
    Why - Monday
    Last Rest - December
    Last Hard - Yesterday. 16 miles on trail, just felt a bit drained tbh. 
    Saturday was 6 miles easy. Canned County XC League as Brother & SiL over for 'Christmas' get together.
  • Recover well from yesterday LMH.  I assume Grace is a dog?

Enjoy your off-roader Alehouse, will also have a look at the BM reports.

Have a good week everyone.

Lyrics:  Yes!
    What: Long run in the afternoon
    Last hard: getting up this morning (sleeping badly)
    Last rest: 8/1
  • Yes Hazel, Grace is our dog.

Thanks for that Alehouse. Hope you enjoy your run. Dry here.

Well done for getting the miles in despite the lack of sleep Poppy.

When is your next race Dustin?

As I don't streak I think today may be a splash and a sauna, it's probably about time I had a rest day.
  • Morning again!

What: One hour and 31 seconds

Why: The 31 seconds made it up to 10k. M73 only wanted to do 25 minutes in the end as he still had Saturday's race in his legs, plus 6 hours putting up the course, marshalling and taking the course down, so no surprise! So I added a loop on, and then another. Most off road but Achilles and calf were playing up on uneven ground so put in a couple of road sections. Several "intervals" i.e. had to stop and stretch the lower leg. Enjoyable, particularly now I have finished! Less windy and rained stopped just before we set off. 

Wabo: not quite the birthday present you wished for your brother! Spurs looked tired, plus de Gea had one of those days. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • LMH: My God! That is impressive, well done LMH, fantastic news. You really deserve a pat on the back, you give it all.
    Ale: That's cracking, 10k, if you think back not that long ago, your crippling back was preventing everything.
    Hazel: Enjoy your long one today.
    Dustin: That's great, knocking out a 16 trail run. Just wondering if I'm missing something, you have been doing a fair few long ones recently are you training for a specific long event or are you just getting out for long ones 'just because'?
    Welsh: Not a lot of sleep there, awful feeling being sleep deprived. well done for getting out on that.

What: Setting off for 7 miler in about 3 mins, (quick get changed Benjy)
    Why: 'Werkin, need to get out, Jeremy Vine has started and shock-horror, compose yourself, today's topical debate is Brexit. Still... a special feature on gout in the second hour, now that is something to look forward to.
    Lyrics: I think so...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    I was having a mare this morning LMH, car keys wheres my car keys!! Had to run to OH place and get a spare!!
    Lyrics I guess so
    LMH well done on the prize!
    Alehouse, I think mainly  de Gea was amazing tbh, couple looked tired but we had so many efforts, brother was ok lol
    Benjy enjoy the 7!
    Alehouse nice running glad you enjoyed
    HAzel enjoy the long run

what: I hope long run later too
    why: did only 3 at my mums yesterday - wanted to  spend my morning with her more than run
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good un all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • LMH: Ale is right. This must be one of your best HM performances, especially given the stressful weeks gone by. Nice to get your entry fees back in prize money :)

Gobi: That's commitment. Nice one. Hope you feel better.

Wabo: did your car keys turn up again?

3 mins is not much time to get changed into winter running gear, Benjy. Craving those vest and shorts days ...

Building well, ale.

Hazel: hope your long run goes well despite lack of sleep. I seem to be the nerd in this family 🤓 so uncooperative IT equipment usually ends up with me.

Nice miles, Dustin.

4 hours of sleep sounds familiar, poppy. Good you managed to get out.

What: 9 miles run, Yoga later
    Why: plan
    Last hard: wind and sleet today
    Last rest: 21/12
    Lyrics: yes
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chick won't know till I get home, I left in a bit of a rush with the spare, but they are not at my mums or with OH !

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hope you find your keys Wabo.

Your weather doesn't sound nice chicksta - well done for getting out in that.

Hope you had a good one Benjy. What are you making of the new Radio 2 line up?

Great to see you building the miles (or ks) Alehouse.
  • Wabo: Eek cripes panic run for keys is good motivation for a run.
    Chicksta: This may sound a bit contrary, but shorts and t-shirt is actually my winter wear. It has to be really super-cold for me to garb-up. I have drone footage of me running in the snow and ice wearing just sports t-shirt and shorts. Makes me not stop and get finished. Top 9 miles there Chicksta, there are some meaty achievements getting mentioned here lately.
    LMH: Loving the new line-up, Coxy is great at any time of the day, she is truly the Queen of Radio 2 and I'm liking Zoe this morning, I like her Saturday show. They had to do something to get it back on track. Yesterday at gym Alan and Mel were on, now that was cracking show. Funny carry on though, Radio 2 line-ups are like marmite. I'm radio over telly any day, if I had to give one up at gunpoint the telly would be out of the upstairs window.
  • Hope you can sleep better tonight WP.
    Nice trail run Dustin.
    Well done on the 10k alehouse.
    3 minutes getting dressed to go running sounds almost like transition in triathlons Benjy - brr to running in t-shirt and shorts, please be careful that nothing happens if you are out in the cold dressed like that.
    Hope the keys have turned up wabo.  That would cause a bit of a panic here and some advanced emptying of bags, rucksacks, drawers etc.
    9 miles of windy sleet can't have been nice chicksta.
    What sort of dog do you have LMH? Sorry just curious.  Would like one myself but various reasons make it wiser for us not to have one.  Two rescue cats are pretty entertaining though.

Long run went well - 15 miles in 2:15.  Generally kept to a nice steady pace, but upped the effort over the last 5km or so.  Pleased to have finished off the peak mileage week on the P&L plan I've been following without anything more than tiredness and minor niggles, but I have work to do with improving my pacing in general.
  • Run (6), swim (on wild side), run (3)
    Needed to start pushing up the miles again.
    Last hard 2nd 3
    Last rest Saturday
    Lyrics no
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    HazelCH - neither us " gave way" there were cars behind both of us. I pulled wing mirrors in and very slowly edged forward until other van could come forward sufficiently to allow me though. All very laid back with no road rage at all.
    Other van driver actually said "well done!" (all windows were open despite the rain)
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

Lyrics - possible

Nice little prize LMH, well done again

Gobi, even when ill you are a machine....!

Mangaed to get to club for the first time in ages tonigh, Ran there then did the run, cut it short as was tired.

What - 1K to club then 5.13m at club
    Why - Club night
    Last Hard - Parkrun
    Last Rest Thurs

Take care all