Lyrics - sick and tired you've been hanging on me

What: watt bike easy am run pm
Why: last night's intervals were a 10 mile run including 10 x 400
Last hard : above
Last rest: 31st October 

Am about 90% ok now

Comments

• Morning.

Not a fan of this time of year then Gobi? Me neither. No - it was Brass Half I ran.

Hamstring seems to have been beaten into submission by yesterday's run (fingers crossed. I can still feel it but not as much as yesterday morning). Should probably head to the gym this afternoon but not sure it's really sensible as I don't want to aggravate the hamstring and I still feel a bit generally achey and my stomach is still a little delicate. Ho hum, decisions, decisions.

What:           easy miles
    Why:            recovering and building miles
    Last hard:    running in to the wind on Sunday
    Last rest:     14/1

Lyrics - I do.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Ah, my bad :-)
  • Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's were "Any Dream Will Do", from Joseph and His Technicolour Dreamcoat. Lots of versions with Jason Donovan's being most well known.

What: a run

Why: legs will dictate how long that run is. Work first.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: upper arm and right leg workout aka crutches.
    Why: I bought some in the end. Keeping weight off without them was impossible
    Last hard: falling, fainting etc
    Lyrics: nope

So foot is now heavily strapped so it doesn't hurt! Have to be careful not to try and walk on it as it does hurt a lot when I do that!

Off on a boat trip to see seals soon :)

Lmh take it easy.

Glad you're almost better Gobi.

Have a great day all
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Gobi, glad you're feeling almost human again, hope you feel that way soon too, Emz

What - easy lunchtime, coaching village rabble tonight
    Why - recovery/routine
    last rest - december
    last hard - last night's 8 incl 10x100
    lyric - possibly
  • Morning

What: 6 miles easy
    Why: Because I can
    Last Hard: Sleeping/cold
    Last rest:9/1
    Lyrics:Oh yes I was listening to this very song last week.

Sticking to 6 miles to stop cold getting worse and seems to be working, fastest for route this week so something is going right for a change;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Glad you are feeling better Gobi.

The worst thing about crutches emzap is that they love to fall over when they are supposed to stay propped up somewhere.  Tip:  get a lightweight cloth bag to drap on the handle for carrying things around in when you are at home.

Good the keys reappeared Wabo.

WP: I generally let a plan do the thinking for my training (in the last months P & D, now P & L).  Despite several years of action as I don't do my own plans but I don't like running without some sort of structure.

What: rest day
    Why:  needed after a 7 day streak and over 100km
    Last hard:  work - will be heading into the shrubbery and seriously shaking a bush in a minute (if anyone recalls the scene in Six Days, Seven Nights in which Harrison Ford deals with frustration...)
    Last rest: today
    Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics, I feel sure I do, it keeps trying to come to me!!
    Gobi glad you are well on the way!
    WP glad y ou seem to be keeping the cold in check! 
    Hazel, my goodness that is a lot of K's
    LMH enjoy the easy, I must read back re your half
    alehouse hope the legs are kind
    dustin enjoy the easy & coaching
    Emzap Hope you are ok, have a nice day it sounds lovely!!

Rubbish week so far, too much traffic too much time sitting in the car has resulted in blooming painful sciatica, stretch stretch....
    WHat: a few miles later
    why: nothing hurts when I run
    last hard: drive to work this morning, bad accident on M11 :-(
    Last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    well done LMH, i read back  :)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyrics, course, in my  head now....
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    anyone seeing whats going on in the Montane  spine Race?  Never heard of it before but a lady is in the lead...
  • She's a relatively new mum Wabo. Hope your back is easing.

Whereas I don't like a schedule because it makes running more of a chore Hazel...........it's also very demoralising not to be able to hit the prescribed pace. Hope your work situation is a bit less frustrating.

Glad to hear you're getting the better of your cold Poppy.

Seals are lovely emzap. Hope you're managing ok with the crutches.

Your village group seem to be very committed Dustin, it must have been going for a while now?

Hope your legs are playing later Alehouse and that you don't have our weather.

Well my hamstring felt better walking this morning but worse running than it did yesterday and I was very slow and had to use lots of mental energy to get my miles in. Not sure if it's the stress catching up with me, I'm on the verge of being ill or what but I'm definitely below par and finding it hard to get out of the door even though I want to run so it's not mojo or motivation that's the issue.
  • Afternoon!

Sounds like a combination of things exhausting you, LMH: the race may have taken more out of you than you thought, plus all the other things going on. Not sure what to suggest though!

What: around half an hour, largely off road

Why: the weather was foul until well after lunch (working morning only but stayed to catch up on a few things); by the time I ran it was sunny and quite pleasant. Achilles not happy though or I would have done more. I put it down to going up one pretty steep hill. Stretch later. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hazel: I used to be the same with a training schedule pre Achilles rupture.......No matter what i would do what was scheduled that day ,but on my comeback I have had to take a more relaxed way to training and I do find more enjoyable;)

When I have a race planned I do roughly put together a plan of what I want to achieve but I am always adapting it to suit my needs;-)

LMH: I really hope you can get to grips with what ails you;-(

Wabo: i hope your back eases for you and your run goes well.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • The rain didn't stop until about 1430hrs here Alehouse and we now have a load of surface water just as it's about to freeze..............I don't know what to do for the best either, rest usually makes me feel worse, mentally and physically so I think I'll just keep plodding on unless it gets worse. I'd rather run slow miles than no miles.

Thanks Poppy, I'm sure it will pass.
  • My post yesterday was stuck in draft mode. I've just posted it now on yesterday's thread :)

Glad you're feeling a bit better, em.

Wabo: it's not rare for women to win ultras. Women catch up over a certain mileage threshold :)
    Sciatica must be catching. Mine flared up too :(

Great miles (or ks rather), Hazel

LMH: Get your hamstring to talk to mine please. Hope the tummy settled too 🤞

Poppy: I'm with you. I do like to have a plan for rough guidance but after 4 miserable years of back and leg issues I've learned to listen to my body.

What: more gym stuff and yoga
    Why: listening to my body
    Last hard: sciatica/ hamstring niggles
    Last rest: 21/12
    Lyrics: I think so
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    LMH - you put in a virtual 1/2 mara pb sunday, and did a long run yday. The 1/2 will kick in and make you tired on its own a few days afterwards let alone a long run too. Short and slow tomorrow !