The Thousand Mile Club - 2019

Comments

• Steven Morrison 2Steven Morrison 2 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hey all,
    Too much monster running to name check everyone, but multiple runners in triple figures by mid-January ... you guys aren't making it easy for me to try and catch up lol. Feel free to have a few beers and sit by the pool, there's no rush ;) Seriously, superb work team, keep it going.
    Out this morning in sub-zero temps with my trusty head torch. Better, much better - no pace to speak of and it was tough (4 weeks of nothing, it would have been tough anyway) but my body felt more like 'me' than it has in months - can't tell you what a relief it is. Was beginning to worry it might have been something more sinister, like a bruised eyelash or a badly twisted sock. Phew! 'just' aneamia ;) Whole weekend off to see how my body responds, and then if that goes ok it's back to it on Monday ... but still no pace yet, just moving the legs is enough right now.
    See that tiny dot behind you in the distance ... that's me ... and I'm back in the race.
    18 Jan - 4m
    YTD: 4.0 miles

PS Best wishes for your daughter Harmander, hope everything that needs to be done goes as smoothly and well as these things can.
  • Steven,

Great to have you back and I am sure "that tiny dot" will soon catch us up!
  • JD1JD1 ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Nell - no I haven't ran in a fell race yet but I'm interested,there's newish fell running club by me,I might give it a go in the spring.

Glad your groin is feeling better, Will

Hobbie - very good 5k time,I'm around 20:30 so want to go under 20 this year .

Well done Cal,Harmader and Dubai for going over 100 already

MrM2 - hope your back improves.

Did nearly two miles of hill sprints with my running club Wednesday and my legs are stil very sore, I can't remember the last time they were this sore.

15.1 - 6.78
    16.1 - 5.56
    17.1 - 6.04
    YTD - 85.41

• Welcome back into the race Steven, always nice to have plenty of people to catch & pass

4.5 miles of hill reps for me last night (950ft of climb)

75 miles YTD.

Heading off tonight to Birmingham to drop daughter & wife off at Uni visit & me heading to the Running Show.

• Sounds like you need a good sports massage, MrM2! Or a trip to the physio.

8 miles easy today. Quite pleasant out, although chilly. Definitely hat weather.
    YTD: 108.
  • AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭

Well done to everyone for getting some good mileage in, and for keeping the thread busy!

SM - welcome back, hope the body recovers well from the first run-out in a few weeks!

4 miles for me last night, so up to 47 YTD and more or less bang on track.

• > @AndrewD said:
    > Continuing the success of the threads over the past 4 or 5 years, here is the 2019 edition.
    >
    > Good luck one and all!

I'm back running after an absence and took on a 100 mile in february challenge so I may as well keep going! I am in.

43.3 miles done this year so far.
  • AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    Good mileage so far Windswept.

I did another 4.5 last night.

51.5 YTD 
  • 4 miles total today - Ally Pally parkrun plus a 1 mile warm-up.

YTD: 112
  • JD1JD1 ✭✭✭
    6.24 miles yesterday.
    Having a no running weekend,hamstrings are still very tight from Wednesdays hill sprints.
    YTD - 91.65
  • Thank you JD1,
    I can take it easier tomorrow for the LSR as did 10.19 miles including a paced Parkrun (just 1 second under target time - phew).
    YTD = 115.16 miles
  • First 20 of the year - get in!. That also means my first 50 mile week of the year. My dodgy achilles wasn't too bad today, which surprised me after climbing Ally Pally's horrible hill three times yesterday.
    I might need a nap this afternoon.
    YTD: 132
  • GipfelGipfel ✭✭✭
    Hi all, been a while since I popped in - have had a week of no running, as I was lucky enough to be away skiing, so mileage is a bit down! While I was away, I learned I'd won our club London Marathon place (they took a while to get round to doing the draw), which was an unexpected and exciting surprise. Training will start in earnest next week, but I went out for a slow 13.1 today - turns out that a week of no running whatsoever and far too much cheese does not prepare one for a decent long run. Shocking!

YTD 50 on the nose!
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back SM2!
    Congrats.(?) Gipfel on your London place. Now for the hard part...
    Will...how was the X.C.?  Yesterday's parkrun was more like cross-country...
    Thanks JD1, Cal, DC..... for comments about the back; probably about 90% O.K. now. Gave it three whole days of rest then told it to 'pull itself together' and self-prescribed 'active recovery'! So, 3 runs this week; Thursday's11', yesterday's 7' (including another disappointing parkrun) and todays seafront 14'. Yes, DC, I never tire of running along the prom.. All the best advice is to vary your running and running-routes (and I do) but can honestly say that I've never, in over 25 years, had a hint of boredom when running along the seafront.
    YTD: 100' 
  • Gipfel - congratulations on the VLM place - there is a VLM thread you are welcome to join too. What time do you intend to finish in?
    MrM2, I agree, running has allowed me to visit over twenty countries, some more than once - Tokyo from 28 Feb to run the last of the Marathon Majors on 3 March.
    Did 15.26 miles LSR this morning, making 
    YTD = 130.42 miles
    Just on the tail of Cal
  • AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    Long run of 8.5 for me today along the local river. 

60 YTD 
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Ytd: 65.7

Parkrun was cold, squidgy in parts and slightly slower than I thought it would be. The new year peak is showing signs of subsiding although hopefully not too much, I like to see it well supported.

Great work by so many. Looking forward to the events getting underway. 
  • senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    Steven Morrison 2 glad you're back, take it easy, playing catch-up can be counter-productive after illness.

Cal Jones well done on the 20, hope there aren't any after-effects and your achilles holds out.

MrM2 gratz on the 100, and glad you enjoy the seafront runs, have always found them to be to prone to being a bit too windy myself! Perhaps its just 'cos mine have been along Clacton, not the most scenic of places.

And well done everyone else, lots of good running.

For me, my first race of the year, Folksworth15, and my 3rd Sunday 15 in a row. Next week will try for my 1st 20 of the year, but will just be my usual LVSR around my local Country Park (times/pace not important, just want an easy run)

YTD    90.96
  • Cracking trip to Running Show in the NEC, not a huge amount of trail run stuff there but great talks from people who know what they're talking about. 

Feeling inspired, today was another 12 mile coast path run with 2500 ft of climb

87 miles YTD
  • 12 miles today with my girl friend
  • JD1JD1 ✭✭✭
    Nice 20,Cal

Gipfel - well done on getting a VLM place

MrM2 - if running along the prom works for you then you stick with it.

Hobie - glad you enjoyed your trip to the Running Show,wounldn't mind going myself one year.

9.33 miles this afternoon,5 miles @ HM pace.

YTD - 100.98
  • Congrats on the 100 JD1
  • Amazing running everyone. 

Cal nice 50 mile week. I almost managed my first 40mile week ever (39.2) last week. Oh well. There’s always next week. 

In positive news I figured out how to avoid Runner’s “digestive issues” on my long runs... not eat pizza the night before... Well there goes my Saturday nights! 

Friday 7.6m
    Sunday 18.3m 

YTD: 107m 
  • AdamK,
    While training a 'born again expert' I convinced him that there is no difference between Pizza and Pasta - oh how I laughed at the results.
    Well done on the three figures in January club (I made that one up).
    Trying to compile a leader board to keep me motivated but its great to see so many of us on it already.
    I think Cal is in the lead right now.
    Going to take stock on the last day of each month.
  • Little NellLittle Nell ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Bonsoir tout le monde!

Fab running by all - too many to mention but especially welcome to see SM2 logging... glad to hear all eyelashes remain unsprained - hope no fingernails are aching :lol:

Really well done to all our centurions (already!!! :open_mouth: ) - Cal, DubaiHarmander, MrM2, JD1 and Adam :grin:  

Welcome Windswept!

JD1... definitely try fell running - it's such a different beast from road running, or even trail running and cross country. I enjoyed it way more than I expected! Hoping to do more this year once the spring mara is out of the way.

How did you get on in the race, senidM?

Glad the show was good, Hobie.

Last week all my runner was totally scuppered by *@!$** work :angry: ... so annoying! Anyway, managed 8.03 miles on Saturday - was intending just to just trot around but noticed each mile was getting quicker and quicker so ended up doing a progression run with the final two miles just slower than" and "just faster than" GMP - which was nice.

Sunday was 16.05 miles of LSR - in freezing fog, so a bit tough on the breathing but all fine.

YTD: 86.81 miles.

• Morning all,

Some great running and plenty of effort all round.

JD1, Great hill sprint session, hope the legs are okay now and well done on the 100 mile mark.

Cal, Well done on getting in a 20 miler, hope you enjoyed a well deserved nap!

Gipel, Many congratulations on the Marathon place, hope you have a blast, as MrM2 has already pointed out now starts the hard work!

Andrew, River run sounds nice.

AdamK, Well done on passing the 100 mile mark.

Senidm, Hope Sunday's 20 goes well, enjoy the many laps around the park :D 

Nell, Let's hope you have a better week at work, I know the feeling to have a crap week or two, we are having "issues" with a member of staff at the moment, it's not fun.

Harmander, (1 Second under target time) I must say I am a little disappointed, you must try harder :D , Best of luck for this weekends marathon with Rik, did you know he is doing his 1st track marathon on the 1st March (Mum and me signed up last week)

I managed to get out for a couple of laps of my 4.2 mile circuit yesterday morning in the crisp frost, the car was reading minus 5.5 when I got my head torch out, but the sun rise was incredible. I was jogging far to fast, however I think at this stage it is about getting use to the stop/start and working on fuel etc, exciting! 

21.01.19 - 8.25
    22.01.19 - 10

YTD = 106.62
  • David Charman,

Congrats on joining the Centurions and good luck at Traviss's marathon next week.

Afraid I can't do Rik's track marathon on 1 March, I will be in Japan to run Tokyo on 3 March - damn, will miss Roding Valley Half too. lol.
  • Very cold and windy this morning, with frosty/icy roads and pavements. Consequently I just jogged/walked for 4.1 miles, managing not to fall over :smiley: My first run in new Asics GT 1000v7.

YTD 81
  • Congrats on the ton David!

I'm still having a few issues with my right hip but getting there. Was meant to run the Dubai marathon on Friday but after hip pain over the weekend I've dropped to the 10k. Not too bothered, done it before and was going to use it as a training run for a possible ultra in March.

21.1 4.4 miles
    22.1 7.93 miles

YTD 123.81 miles

• Dubai,

Probably best to take it easy and drop down to the 10K, you don't want any hip problems hanging about especially if you are considering an Ultra, anyway hope it goes well and look forward to the post race report.