Monday 21st January 2019 - Time has come to say goodbye

Morning.

Lyrics - Time has come to say goodbye

It's great to see you building so well Alehouse. You know better than to compare your running to mine, you've been doing it a lot longer and a lot faster than I have!

Hope you can get seen by the GP asap emzap.

I had a really rough night last night. FiL's move hasn't alleviated the stress or demands on my time at all really and this weekend was mostly spent on family stuff, little relaxing time. On the plus side early signs this morning are that my hamstring feels a bit better but I will try to keep my sensible head on though the prospect of losing myself in a long run is very inviting.

What:               easy miles
Why:                sanity
Last hard:        staying sane
Last rest:         didn't run on the 14/1
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: hopefully an hour

Why: Monday is long run day. All being well will run with M73 depending on what time he gets back from a hospital appointment.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    alehouse agree with LMH, its great to see!
    Hope you are ok LMH
    Mad busy weekend, park run gently on saturday and a brutal Muddy xctry 5 miler sat afternoon.  I really enjoyed both runs.  Cleo did my club's first Junior park run yesterday, so happy with her, they got medals!

What: 30 mins easy later
    why: this is a step back week 
    last hard: saturday
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse, I sure was elated last night!
    Chicksta good racing y'day.  I have some speedy ones in my cat now.

Managed somehow to be first out of 4 at my slow park run though?? Others didn't turn up 
    RFJ nice racing! Sounds like you kept sensible head
    Emzap, that travelling sounds blooming hard
    Gobi busy weekend
    WP hope the lurgy is easing

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Morning

What: doc this morning
    Why: foot assessment.
    Last hard: getting home
    Lyrics: nope

Sorry to hear that lmh. Ale good building still. Wabo looks like your marathon training is going well.

Have a lovely day all
  • Back from skiing and had a quick skim through the last couple of days.. A few things I noticed:

Good luck at the doctors today emzap - hope you can get a diagnosis and an outlook on how long the foot will take to heal.
    Good news that the hamstring is easing LMH. 
    Hope M73 is ok Alehouse, nice to see the kilometres increasing.
    Well done to Cleo WP.
    Nice trip to Edinburgh OH.
    Good parkrun and 10k RFJ.
    Great race chicksta.  I hope the beast from the east isn't going to return.  I've move up to FV45 as of 01.01 with a February birthday.

Skiing went well - fell over once but no damage.  Very good snow conditions but a bit on the chilly side at -10 to -15.    The legs might be fairly fit for running but less so for skiing - will have to take it easy for a couple of days.  Was nice to have a break from all things running over the weekend.

What:  8 miles at a sensible pace planned for later
    Why:  getting back into it after a few day's break

Lyrics: hmmm

• Morning again!

Ski-ing sounds good, Hazel! Do you ski from near home? Enjoy your 8! 

Interested in hearing what the GP says, Emz!

Well done Cleo, and nanna Wabo too!

What: 64mins 32 secs

Why: wanted an hour minimum. M73 turned off after 52 so I did a bit extra. Harder work than last week: river banks quite slippery with greasy mud on the way out; harder surfaces for much of the way back. A good start to the week! Quite pleasant out there if wrapped up; almost saw the sun at one point!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all (just)
    Well raced at the weekend Chick, Wabo & RFJ

What - easy recovery if I get time, plus QoP this evening
    Why - Long run Saturday, XC race yesterday, legs jaded
    last rest - December or maybe today
    last hard - The weekend

Lovely run out yesterday, around the grounds of a Country Estate (Jane Austen country). Pretty much 5 miles exactly. Legs a little tired but manage to average 7:15 m/m - pretty firm underfoot if a little uneven.
    On the plus side, both our men and women's team won, which I think means that we regain the overall league title with one fixture left.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Building back nicely, ale. Looks reassuring.

Sorry to hear you're still stressed out, LMH. At least that hamstring is on the mend. Fingers crossed.

Busy weekend, wabo.

Hope things go well at the doctors, em

Glad you're back in one piece, Hazel. Luckily the forecasters are already revising their doomsday scenario about beasts from the East and Russian whips. Temps are around minus 5 at the moment but getting warmer towards weekend hopefully. Right now it's snowing.

What: 4 mile recovery run and yoga day 20. Hamstrings were tight when I got up but fine during the run
    Why: I felt active recovery might be better than rest
    Last hard: breathing yesterday
    Last rest: 21/12
    Lyrics: I have something similar in my head but not quite. So it's a no.

Yesterday's were Baby it's cold outside, Dean Martin
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Afternoon!

Don't know how I didn't get yesterday's lyrics, especially as I was reading only the other day that a number of American radio stations have banned it.

Weighed myself this morning, expecting to have lost a couple of pounds; exactly the same weight as three weeks ago. Running more...and probably eating more.

• Why's that Alehouse? Glad you enjoyed your run with your friend.

Hope the doctor has good news emzap.

I think active recovery is usually better than all out rest chicksta (as long as not ill).

Good to hear that you returned unhurt from your skiing trip Hazel.

That sounds like a great weekend Wabo.

I had thought that once FiL was moved closer to home the stress/demands on my time would ease but that doesn't seem to be the case. Nothing to do but suck it up and try to ensure I can keep running! Fortunately my hamstring was much better today and whilst I ran further than I was originally intending I did keep it to a MLR rather than a LSR however I'm hopeful that hamstring and weather permitting I may manage a long run this week after all.
  • Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Oh FFS.
  • Oh shit - I offended the political correctness brigade :D

I'm sure the weight will start to come off if you keep running, ale.

Hope the situation with FiL improves, LMH. Probably takes time for a routine to develop.
  • Unfortunately I'm beginning to think that it's not going to get much better until he's settled in a home chicksta and I have no idea how long that will be.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Doctor says 4-6 weeks recovery. Gah. Doing all the right things. Just have to be patient. Need some ideas of exercises to keep me sane. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!
  • Well done Cleo and nanna Wabo:-)

LMH: I hope the stress eases soon as does the hamstring:-(

Alehouse It lovely to see you building back up again:-)

So much to comment on and brain is slushy today so can I give hugs all aroundxx

I was up at 3am to see the Super Red Wolf moon which was amazing but the down side far to icy so I did day 2 of 30 days shred, 35 minutes on bike by this time aching and exhausted but thanks to a push out the door I ran 3 miles slowly.

What 3 miles
    Why: Because I was pushed;-)
    Last hard: the ice
    Lyrics ye/s and I should have got yesterday's although Tom did a good version:-)
    last rest 8/1

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Part way up Ben Ledi (624/879m)
    Thick ice on path from outset. Had axes but no crampons. High wind on ridge as forecast.
    Last easy: decision to turn back
    Last hard: making progress today
    Lyrics no
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: a bit of running and vanity
    Why: I'm like that 
    Last hard: weekend
    Last rest: 31st October 
    Lyrics: mmm feel I do
  • Plenty of core work emzap?

Well done on finding a way Poppy.

Sounds cold OH!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh yes through struggling to think of what I can do on one leg.  Leg raises, crunches, bicycles any other ideas?
  • Press ups from your knees; dead bugs; also arm stuff such as bicep curls - or you may find something useful here https://www.wikihow.com/Exercise-With-a-Broken-Leg (I haven't looked at it properly).
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Ale - yes was rather upset last night and crying in my cider..... thought we had done enough for a point.

Treadmill recovery later as not long back from work

Gobi - it will be close!!!

Take care all