Wednesday 23rd January 2019 - With two hundred people in suits all the same

Morning.

Lyrics - With two hundred people in suits all the same

Feel free to join in with the thread starting folks!

Pleased to hear it Gobi.

Another cold, icy morning here. Forecast to feel even colder than yesterday today so I'm not sure what's going to happen run wise, hopefully something as apparently it's only 94 days until London..............

What:            easy miles
Why:             VLM
Last hard:     feeling enthused about London
Last rest:      14/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Tell Me Why - Genesis.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Had lyrics ready, but not up early enough.

Lyrics: no

Freezing fog here. And icy.

What: short and easy probably plus possible fitness suite

Why: being careful

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

I  was up early but no lyrics in my head;-)

Icy here I could not even get out past driveway so no idea what the day will hold

What: Maybe 3 miles mid day if ice clears up if not treadmill here I come
    Why: Not taking any risks
    Last hard: The weather
    Lyrics Nope;-)

So day 4 of 30 day shred and exercise bike.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Be careful out there, folks.

Glad you managed some exercise, em.

Poppy: what's this 30 day shred?

LMH: Wow, only 94 days! That means even less days for my Vienna half and I can't see me running again anytime soon in this cold :o

Only woke up now after a disrupted night with fever. Chest full of gunk and head full of snot. That'll be a rest day then :)
    I'm hoping to take up yoga again tomorrow but right now my head can't take downward facing dog without exploding.

What: nowt
    Why: lurgy
    Last hard: admitting defeat
    Last rest: today
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    I'm up early but usually somewhere on the commute until 7!
    What - easy lunchtime run, more miles and coaching tonight
    Why - LTP session yesterday, 16 minutes / 4 easy / 14 minutes. Almost back to something like I'd hope for (6.50ish) but felt much harder than that pace should be! 
    Last Rest - Monday
    Last Hard - yesterday
    lyric - its a possible yes 
  • Somehow a bit more than 3 months until VLM seems less daunting than 94 days.  But easier for me to look at as I am not running it!  Did enter the (overseas) ballot once but as expected no joy.  If I lived in the UK I would get in on GFA but to be honest I'm not that bothered - probably wouldn't enjoy the noise levels and the travel involved.

Can you take a day or two off work to help you get well quicker chicksta? 

WP I'm also curious about this shred thing but chicksta was faster asking the question.

Nice LT run Dustin. 

What:  Another go at the 150 strides session later
    Why: plan
    Last hard:  waiting for 5 minutes at the level crossing yesterday evening at -5.
    Lyrics: nope
  • It's harder t hit the pace in the colder temps Dustin.

That's not admitting defeat that's being sensible and getting better faster chicksta.

Hope the ice clears for you Poppy.

I thought I'd hate VLM the first time I did it Hazel - too busy, too noisy, all the hassle of getting to and staying in London but I love it.

Fog only over the river here Alehouse but it's much colder out than yesterday morning though strangely didn't feel as slippery as it did yesterday, hoping that's the case as I'd like to get at least a MLR in as tomorrow will be time limited as I need to take MiL to a meeting at the hospital before I go to work.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Was hoping to attempt a short walk today but it has snowed so I won't risk it. Will attempt another "broken ankle workout" instead.

Can now walk almost normally around the house, but can't get shoe on (bending it hurts) and i have problems changing direction still.  Limping too so I guess not back to normal walking yet :(

Chick get well soon

WP ditto what others say.

Lmh sorry was not yet awake! If I am I do try and start the thread.

Have a lovely day all and keep warm
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics really familiar
    like others even if I am up at that time, I am driving or running 
    LMH its great to be enthused! I've done 10 x London so I must feel the same
    Alehouse enjoy the short and easy, keep careful
    WP hope you can get out but treadmill is the sensible option if not, have no idea what my pavements will be like later
    Chicksta poor you, wish you better
    Dustin enjoy your double stuff!
    Hazel enjoy the 150, what is it?
    Emzap, sensible head!

What: 30 mins later, dropping treat off to cleo lyla and mummy
    why: they are all poorly :-(
    last hard: yesterday am (blew out last nights run)
    last rest: 31/12/16

I didn't do my second run last night, I treated myself to a night at home, it was heavenly!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Sometimes less is more, wabo. Hope your loved ones get better.

Not worth risking another tumble, em.

Hope you manage that MLR, LMH.

Hazel: I'm at home. I'd be of no use in my current state and would only spread my germs :)

Ah those split sessions are hard, Dustin. I've opted for one block the last 2 times as I find that easier. I have a problem motivating myself during that second lot. Somehow it's less daunting to just keep going.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning

I however hated London the first time and took 8years before the second and third time and still hated it. Took the hint and never did it again. 

3 times is fun runner, gfa, elite starts. Still shit just nicer toilets:-)

After nearly 7 years I went as a coach and still hated it. :-)

What : indoor bike d&d am run and gym PM
    Why: just lucky I guess
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: 31st October
  • Don't try to rush things emzap.

Sometimes other things take priority Wabo. Hope your family get well soon.

Feeling any better chicksta?

Good to hit the paces Dustin, it's still early in the year.

I was wrong, it was still slippery but I managed to remain upright despite a couple of Wile E Coyote moments and had an enjoyable run in the sun. Cold though.
  • Short run after work now intended.
    Track cancelled by sports centre
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158100979557802&id=628637801
    Lyrics no
  • I also hated London ran it 4-5 times and hated every single time and vowed to never go back which I never did:-) Last time 2006.

Luckily the woods cycle path was ice free at mid day so a nice run in the woods better than those nasty treadmills.

30 Day shred is Jillian Michaels dvd I have done it numerous times but last time I injured either my back or knee this time all going well.People either love or hate her and I like her I have lots of her DVD's but this is my favorite.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    I have had a love hate relationship with London, water bottles and twisted ankles, the Wall more than once... and 2 perfect races in different ways inc my current PB.

Very icy tonight so opted for the treadmill, 1st time of doing intervals on there... 4 x 4 mins of 2 mins rec...

less than two weeks in work now till i change jobs and remove the commute. cant wait.

Take care